Apple's Suggestions: Nova Fragments as Fuel?

Apple

Provider
Society
Children of Silver
Fiona Apple Fleming
This one is a little wacky, but I figured I'd throw it out there:

Nova Fragments are currently pretty useless. They sell for a few PEC per 1,000, which makes them even less valuable than sweat, dung, fruits, or stones (all the items you can get for free). Getting them in a loot -- especially when they are the only thing in the loot, which happens frequently -- is a bit of a drag, as it's sort of like getting an empty loot.

The reason they are not valued very highly is that they are used in enhancer blueprints, and the most demanding blueprint still only takes 5 nova fragments. MA could simply make the blueprints require, say, 100x as many fragments, but that solution would be too simple. We need something wackier!

What if vehicles used nova fragments as fuel? After all, this is the future. Our vehicles should not really still be running on oil. This would create a constant demand for the fragments, and getting them in a loot would be a little less disappointing, since you could then toss them into your Valkyrie or Sleipnir to keep it fueled up.

I would guess that there are more vehicle owners in EU than there are enhancer manufacturers, so this would increase the price of Nova Fragments by making them useful to a wider audience.

What do you think?

That would either lead to:

1) No change whatsoever in the nova fragment price since enough loots anyway...
2) Nova fragment prices go up, which leads to enhancer prices going up, which leads to less enhancers being used...

Back