Are LG pvp still active

deathception

Guardian
Bambideath deathception durka
Just curious how many ppl actually still try for LG or is it just one soc who shows up? Been thinking of changing my gear setup towards pvp and LG but LG are more teambased so i know i cant do it alone at least not hold a point by myself vs organized teams , do socs still fight it out? or is it uncontested, before i focus on it , id like to know peoples opinions or attempts at this

Connect with Image or amale :) | Have seen them a handful of times showing up to have fun

landgrab is holymoly stuff... no one else competes i think.
usually as they win they keep zero tax for some weeks so
it is probably good for all the community

In the good old days, all LAs opened up for land grabs at the same time, so a Society could conquer one LA, but never more than two.
All other LAs that were open at the same time for the grab could be conquered by a large number of committed socs.

The land grab was always diverse, exciting and not so predictable, and each time it was a great event that everyone was looking forward to. it wasn't just the same soc that was looking forward to the land grab.
Even noob socs with 300 members have managed to conquer LAs with only their outbackos and held it with their pure meat shield.

Nowadays it's all about having some PvP fun and making the land grab a bit more expensive for the one soc favored by the LG mechanics.

Last edited:
So in theory if i show up with 100 noobs and say 10 decent pvpers back in the day it was fun but now it wouldnt matter?
In the good old days, all LAs opened up for land grabs at the same time, so a Society could conquer one LA, but never more than two.
All other LAs that were open at the same time for the grab could be conquered by a large number of committed socs.

The land grab was always diverse, exciting and not so predictable, and each time it was a great event that everyone was looking forward to. it wasn't just the same soc that was looking forward to the land grab.
Even noob socs with 300 members have managed to conquer LAs with only their outbackos and held it with their pure meat shield.

These days it's all about having some PvP fun and making the mechanic's favored soc more expensive to land grab.

The point is back then 20 LAs or so were open for grab in the very same second.
So dominating socs only could concentrate on one or two of those LAs at best.
the 18 other LAs could be taken by other socs, because the top 3 socs battled for the top 3 LAs and soc 2-5 for LA 3-6 and soc 4-7 for LA 4-8 and so forth.
It was much more mixed up, which was good and provided much more fun, and not always only one soc holding all areas alone.

If there is only one LA to grab at a time, then always the soc with the fattest players and the best aiming (however this gets achived) will win the LA.
No matter who challanges them.
So there is no competition, noone challanges for the LA, because it is always predetermined who will get the LA in the end. And who will be able to cover his costs for taking the land by the tax then. All others lose out. Once all other socs learned that they never get their costs for challanging the dominant soc back, then they will stop trying to conquer LAs eventually.

Learning this about the new LA distribution (only one LA at a time, so always the same soc can conquer it) killed the land grab events.

Last edited:
So basically you need to take the L on the chance your soc doesnt takeover , and have the best “aim” and have numbers. , i see… well then MA needs to change some stuff like add 10% decay instead or something to make it less expensive

500hp vs 300hp vs 100hp big difference

Current LG is set up for those with 600hp. Nothing wrong with that, but doubt we will see any shift in who wins any time soon..

Agree old school LG was a lot of fun.

I punch above my weight in PvP, but only because i skilled MF

Edit: also the old school trash talk and drama between the socs was better than any drama on TV 😂

MA needs to revert to the old system.
Oh, it was laggy as hell...

BUT:
Because the old system was so much fun it encouraged dozens of socs to participate EVERY F*CKING TIME.
Not just one or two socs at most like today.
The lag didn't matter.

I have no reasonable idea why MA changed the working old LG sytem to the current setting.
Ya, i agree, their shitty server couldnt handle 10-20 fighting ppl in one place. So it lagged like hell. Yet it was still more fun than today.
But it fits into MA's strategy to continuously remove everything from the game that provided fun.

The old system had much more turnover and MA must have earned tenfolds more than by today's system.
It would only be a guess that the LG system was changed to favor some MA's best friends. Or not?

Last edited:
Well hp isnt much a issue , at 300 hp ive been able to hold my own in lootable against 500hp players ,im sure in team it might be much easier since ill go for a glass cannon stategy far range pvp , now in terms of activity , i think the only reason pvp is dead is theres no guarantee unless you win the LG so the cost entry is pretty high ,if youre fighting for an hour on the losing side

Unreal Engine should fix this issue and I bet that MA puts some focus on PVP then because it won't be as laggy. It's simply not worth the effort right now to do anything about it. Changing it back though, even with the lag, would still be a welcome change until then.

PlanetSide 2 has some pretty epic battles raging 24/7 with little lag and hundreds of players. MA should look to incorporate that style of PVP LG into Entropia once the move to UE5 is complete.

BUT:
Because the old system was so much fun it encouraged dozens of socs to participate EVERY F*CKING TIME.
Not just one or two socs at most like today.
The lag didn't matter.

I have no reasonable idea why MA changed the working old LG sytem to the current setting.
Ya, i agree, their shitty server couldnt handle 10-20 fighting ppl in one place. So it lagged like hell. Yet it was still more fun than today.
But it fits into MA's strategy to continuously remove everythingfrom the game that was fun.

The old system had much more turnover and MA must have earned tenfolds more than by today's system.
It is just a guesswork the LG system got changed to favor some MA's best buddies.
LG use to last 8 hours right? ...... that is a LOT of waiting around for that "tiger team" to come and reset you so they can swoop by after to claim it.

I was there at takuta platau last time having a bit of fun and will be going again. Watch out Hardcore! The lands will be mine! :ROFLMAO:

LG use to last 8 hours right? ...... that is a LOT of waiting around for that "tiger team" to come and reset you so they can swoop by after to claim it.
Yeah, LGs lasted forever, some people took 2 days off from work to be able to contend for the whole period, could become a mess with lots of resets and the 8 hour timer would run again and again.

"tiger team" was named White Tigers; I think most of them got banned for using macro to hunt (thinking of todays situation lol)

Here's some old LG footage:

cK vs Warants 2004 (pre-cry engine)

Shaolin vs Warants 2009 (I'm getting a killing spree here :p)

Yeah, LGs lasted forever, some people took 2 days off from work to be able to contend for the whole period, could become a mess with lots of resets and the 8 hour timer would run again and again.

"tiger team" was named White Tigers; I think most of them got banned for using macro to hunt (thinking of todays situation lol)

Here's some old LG footage:

cK vs Warants 2004 (pre-cry engine)

Shaolin vs Warants 2009 (I'm getting a killing spree here :p)
I think I was there in 2009 with Dawn Daemons. Great times.

Landgrab was allowed within an 8 hour period.

Hold your own claim marker from start on for 1 hour to (re)gain ownership for the Soc and then have up to an additional 7 hours of fun challenging other Socs on their claim markers that have not yet been claimed yet due to interruptions and countdown resets.

But usually after 2-4 hours the battles mostly ceased, since all claim markers were taken sooner or later, and attackers were worn out, or spent too much money already.

Note:
This is a snapshot of LG rules, as they changed from time to time, too.

Last edited:
So in theory if i show up with 100 noobs and say 10 decent pvpers back in the day it was fun but now it wouldnt matter?
You always do 1 dmg when you hit somebody. In the old days if you had 300 noobs and coordinated the attack on one person, 300 noob rocket launchers would fire on one person, creating a lot of lag and a chance to actually kill one. Nowadays people have over 300 hp and healing capabilities that it's not viable anymore.

LGs are still great when fights occur. LGs are fun for people who skill up and gear up (aka. MA's best buddies), it's not so fun when you use gear that was good enough 15 years ago and skill just a bit above those days. It's a matter of perspective but I guess it's not so cool to always go against a team of hardcore players.

Last bigger push on LG was this one, in the middle of the night (some 2AM MA time) and was really awesome:

2015-2017 was probably the best period for LG fights in the history of LGs.It was right after Mindark removed select target where everyone could have 100% accuracy on their shot.
I was shocked to see after they removed next LG I could walk into 30 people and nobody ( on the enemy side) were able to kill shit that day.That was a monumental move that told me without macro/cheats/software entropia players were not able to hit others just with their mouse.If you were able to experience that day and you see same players today who can hit you 10 out of 10 from any range its not hard to draw conclusions.

71 kills were done only with Limited gear in 1 LG.
I wish I could register more but there are no fights and when they are its extremely laggy.

Its good to see modern video of LG Much to see and learn from , teamwork is definitely key, much different from my lootable pvp encounters

I had fun and got my ass handed to me again today at LG but I just want to say big THANK YOU for CLEARLY not using any aim-assist software. I appreciate it!

500hp vs 300hp vs 100hp big difference

Current LG is set up for those with 600hp. Nothing wrong with that, but doubt we will see any shift in who wins any time soon..

Agree old school LG was a lot of fun.

I punch above my weight in PvP, but only because i skilled MF

Edit: also the old school trash talk and drama between the socs was better than any drama on TV 😂
You will be suprised but some 300 hp people can beat 500 hp because of better aim.

Back