Question: Are there only 3 types of Entropian?

So which would best fit yourself?

• Total voters

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
Since 10.0 and perhaps before I've wondered if there are only 3 types of player in our universe.

Whiner - Loot sucks, I hate Mindark always screws me over, always nerfs me and my play style

Fanboi / Fangurl - What a game, always look for the positive, always getting around bugs, very optimistic for the future.

Average Player - New player / Casual depositor perhaps 2-8 hours a week, not too impressed with the bugs, likes the sandbox aspect of the game, likes the non-subscription nature of the game, perhaps likes the very capitalistic nature of the game.

Which are you - or perhaps you consider yourself in another category?

i like this game cos its hard , maybe a whiner for me , cos its really hard

Like I've written elsewhere, I see the types in here as following:

-Those who come here for fun and don't mind depositing in order to play.

-Entrepreneurs who invest and expect returns.

-Those who see it as a game and want to beat the challenge of it, be it playing without depositing, reaching a certain skill level, etc. (and as such have their love/hate moments with EU)

Whining/Fanboyism are just transitory states of mind, IMO.

Myself, i see it as a challenge, and eventhough I do have my gripes with MA, I also think whining and such is absolutely useless and in many cases pathetic and exaggerated (constructive criticism on the other hand, not).

Damn, just thought of Investor category. Huskie has called it entrepreneur which would fit it nicely.

Oh well, lets see what the poll shows.

I'm in two categories
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Enthusiatic(my term) / fan girl (your term)
:thumbup:
Average Player
:thumbup:

Each supports and reinforces the other
which makes a new category

THE BROOKLYNITES

:thumbup: :eek: :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

I'm not full of myself enough to make my own category :rolleyes: .. but I think that I'm a little of it all . ;)

I'm an average player (lvl 55) - I like the game and try to look for the positive - I usually don't mind 'paying to play' ... but then I have the whiney days when I curse MA and Lootius .. so I had to refrain from voting. :D

Locked - Kimmi the Martyr ;)

I think addict would have to be in that series of options.

Several people have posted that they "need their EU fix".

These are people that reguardless of good loot or bad, they will always be logging in to EU when its up or n EF when EU is down lol.

You forgot winner, I know quite a few people who win Entropia.

Entrepreneur; I see EU as a business opertunity waiting to happen :D (plus its actually kinda fun tho lately i have been spending more time on EF then in EU lol)

I think you missed the biggest category of all right now and I have a really hard time coming up with an exact word.

Disenchanted,
Disenfranchised,
Dissillusioned,
Indifferent.

All come close, but none are exactly it. I guess what I'm trying to describe is simply a serious lack of interest.

You know as well as I that the "loot" is loot. Some people do better at times and some do worse. Anyone who's been around for a few years knows that.

"MA screwed me"? Well, yes, they did. They screwed us all at various times (See my previous rants about foot guards). But, truthfully, I got past that long ago. It is really nothing to do with being upset.

I was away from EU for a couple months due to RL demands and I got back just in time for VU 10. I logged in, did some exploring for a few days, and ended up at an outpost with a good supply of atrox to shoot. That's as far as I got.

My PC runs the game, but not incredibly well.

All the crap from my apartment is now dumped into storage. I spent hours trying to straighten it up, only to find that the system was still broken and everything was a mess the next time I logged in.

Running around on foot was fun back in my newbier days, but it's just tedious now.

Since I don't have my TP chip, I can't hunt anything too exciting. One good crit or some lag, and I'm at the revival terminal. By the time I run back to where I was, the mob is healed and I'm out all of the ammo and decay I had into it. I mostly just hunt lower level stuff that I know I can kill. Not too exciting.

Plus, I've been playing another game for a while now, and I really enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong. This is not whining or griping. All of these things were expected as part of the update. But, if you look around the forum, most of the longer term players are feeling about the same way. It's not just me, and it's not just a few "whiners".

When I look at my FL, there are very few green entries. There are only a handful of us in the soc who even log in anymore. We did a survey on our forum and everyone pretty much said the same thing- "I'm just waiting to see what happens".

It'd be nice to think that MA will turn things around. The Cyrene article in PC Gamer looks very nice and shows promise for the future. MA and FPC keep talking about new things that are in the works. Maybe things will come back around.

But the problem as I see it, is that once you've lost your enthusiasm, and once you've found other things to do with your time, it is less and less likely that you will return. And, if you do, it probably won't be for long.

But, we shall see...

I'd consider myself a dedicated player.

I'm not a fanboy, because I dislike many of the decisions made by Mindark, yet I still do love the game, and don't whine 'too' often.

Yet I also wouldn't consider myself 'average' because I don't think an average person would spend 90% of their free time at home playing EU, and the rest of their free time on EF :D

Since 10.0 and perhaps before I've wondered if there are only 3 types of player in our universe.

Whiner - Loot sucks, I hate Mindark always screws me over, always nerfs me and my play style

Fanboi / Fangurl - What a game, always look for the positive, always getting around bugs, very optimistic for the future.

Average Player - New player / Casual depositor perhaps 2-8 hours a week, not too impressed with the bugs, likes the sandbox aspect of the game, likes the non-subscription nature of the game, perhaps likes the very capitalistic nature of the game.

Which are you - or perhaps you consider yourself in another category?

What type have you been before 2x8k on small Argos? (lazy to look if it was actually 2x8k, but ridiculous anyway, lol)

And there's the idiots .... you always seem to forget a category for the idiots.

I voted "Other"

Over the years I can say that I have fit at some point in time into all of those categories :)

you tell me...

For me whiners are those who love EU for most part and are same as fanboys/girls. Both are looking at EU with a lot of emotions, both probably belong to adicted group. Both fight for better EU - with exsagerated negative or positive wiev.
Difference between them is probably in playing stile - 1. deposit a lot- play a lot in EU, 2. deposit less and play a lot in EF.

There are more that 3 types.

What do you think about big investors at one side and quitters willing to sell at best price on another - how both like to show how great is EU? Are they in same group ?

Last edited:
I thought there where just PE-addicts, investors (dealers), and noobs :scratch2: :D

It would be impossible to confine Roamn/Profit/Monet to a "group".
Noone is even close to being as wholy me, as I am.
:wise:

What type have you been before 2x8k on small Argos? (lazy to look if it was actually 2x8k, but ridiculous anyway, lol)

I'd think I've had my share of the Whiner posts perhaps 33%, 33% fanboi and 33% average player. I was really impressed by VU 10.0, didn't like the stupidly steep mountains and it took me a week to get used to 1st person (however I used to be a big fan of UT2K4 so adapted quicker than I thought I would) had a lot of moans and gripes about loot which most of us have done if we have been on EF long enough.

I made a thread about loot a few months ago in which I vented my frustration, and amongst the feedback I received, I was asked about my % return. I didn't keep detailed notes of how much I was losing back then but have done since Mid June. What it did show was that after a bad period, you do get a good period of loot. As to the 1st 8k, you can see on Entropia Tracker, I didnt get a single global for 12 straight days and was losing my ass off :broke:

As to the current situation, many of us are unhappy that we haven't looted that rare SGA item we had set our sights on, but Mindark have took the sensible decision to drip feed the discoveries over 3 months, this is partly to account for those users who are in the process of upgrading their computers and those unlucky enough not to be able to log in due to Nvidia driver incompatibilities.

I think it's all to play for - you never know when you'll loot that Angel / Shadow / Adj Fap item. :)

I'm with EU as I want to know where the road (not the roadmap :D) leads MA/FPC to. I'm playing for the sake of entertainment and not to become something/somebody. As I try to stay even after 100 PEDs of ammo I'm not really hunting a lot. It really takes a while to gain some PEDs through trading.

Currently it will take very long as I can't get my Win7 running to play VU10. :(

Anyways, another "there are three groups of people" joke:

There are three groups of people: The ones who can count and the ones who can't. :cool:

I like it cuz its a challenge that not everyone is up to
hell yeah
:lift:
beefcake

if you ask a whiner if he is whining then you'll get the same answer as when you ask a workaholic if he is working.

I'm a true fanboi ;) I would probably be a whiner if I hadn't got my HoF, but that's not the point :D

Even though alot of things suck right now I still hope for the best and look towards a brighter future in EU.

I think you are confusing two things here.
There are players:
1. who play a lot
2. some who play a bit
3. some who play just occasionally.

In each of these categories you have people
1. who are positive
2. Who are negative
3. who are ambivalent

SO there should be nine categories!

Whiner - this was a great game with lots of people when i started. then the company that owned it fucked it up somehow and lost most of it's customers :rolleyes: sadly MA treat this as a buisness more than a game.

as huskie put it thaught i see this more as constructive critisism

but also a fanboy nothing els out there is quite as good in it's concept and i'm looking forwad to the new planets

I'd consider myself a dedicated player.

I'm not a fanboy, because I dislike many of the decisions made by Mindark, yet I still do love the game, and don't whine 'too' often.

Yet I also wouldn't consider myself 'average' because I don't think an average person would spend 90% of their free time at home playing EU, and the rest of their free time on EF :D

agreed...

been playing somewhat less since the VU., but more than 2-8 hrs a week... not the best tech specs to run the game, so transitioning between activities is often way too slow

love the game, but would like to see MA give the game a broader appeal, and I have ALOT of empathy for people who are really plugging away trying to level through the "mid level" plateau, as this is ASTRONOMICALLY expensive given current loot balancing... I have to say i'm a happier gamer since reconciling with the fact that I probably won't gain more than three or four levels a year...

Back