Question: Are unlimited weapons too expensive?

Are unlimited weapons too expensive?

• Yes! All UL weapons are too expensive!

• Mostly Yes - Loot 2.0 weapons are unaffordable

• Yes & No - Weapons are priced according to their quality/scarcity (some valuations are crazy)

• Mostly No - There are options out there for every buget

• No! Weapons could/should be more expensive!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
The question is a simple one:

Do you think that market prices for unlimited weapons are currently too high? Are UL weapons too expensive right now?

I've seen some crazy numbers thrown around like 300k, 350k, for a single weapon. Dunno if anyone is in fact paying these amounts but if that's the case, we're talking about a nice car here; $35k usd can buy you a nice car for sure.

If we want our community to grow so that the game can be healthy and stable, are such prices really sustainable?

But on the flip side, there are also a lot of Loot 1.0 weapons that are quite decently priced too, like below 10k PED. So if that's the case, then should we just assume that the market for UL weapons as a whole is fine and it's all just supply and demand forces in action, considering that some weapons are very scarce and very desirable at the same time, thus making them much more valuable?

I'm not a hardcore hunter but every time I look at weapon prices I can't help but feel completely priced out of ever owning a Loot 2.0 weapon.

I'm interested to see how the community feels about this as a whole.

Thanks for voting and sharing your thoughts.

Legends

When I started this game there were very few ul options. A mod merc cost 250k peds. Assassin rl250? was around 25k.

So I would say weapon pricing is better than ever. Yes the top weapon is crazy expensive still around 350k, but there are so many options now for all price ranges. Assassin goes for maybe 5k?? Nowadays at tier 10?

Idk the complaints about weapon pricing confuse me. It’s rce, it emulates real life. Cars is a perfect example of this. They all go vroooom. But some cost 30k and some cost 300k.

I mean are the people crying in game crying outside in life?? When you see a guy in a Bentley do you tell him it’s not fair? He should sell you his Bentley for 10k? What’s wrong with him or spending so much on a car?? Don’t buy those cars so they lower the price? (You know the ppl I’m talking about, this is not directed at the op, unless he wants to be in this category as well 🤣🤣)

This Conversation point never gets old does it?
the biggest price % increase I've seen is on the newb UL weps HKK110 was 50 peds , philo swords were 60 and the most all of the very low level requirement weps have dramatically increased, but the lc-100, isis project zero-3 and similar level weapons have maintained their prices , were as the old UL never weps 100/100 skill requirements that used to be uber have dramatically fallen doa's , jungle stalkers etc. of course if it is a new item and a limited quantity prices will be inflated till the newness wears off . Not everything has gone up in price nor has everything or is everything going to plummet.

when i first started and saw the prices of say a rainbow sword or mother ship or similar high ticket item , i was like dang if i had that id sell and cash out
8 years later it is a different story , I don't want to see prices rise but on the same note don't want to see them fall , any and every market needs stability.

seems more reasonable to spend 10k usd on a wep than to spend 2.7 mil usd on a bottle of whisky :)

Last edited:
It all depends, if we want a playerbase of 200players then sure we can have these crazy prices of 200,000ped for a simple gun that gives you mediocre return of avg 97%.

If we want a thriving game with more players and a better overall economy of stuff in the game gear needs to come down alot.

All of those who have bought gear today will do anything to keep prioces as they are or even more expensive even if its a cost to the core of the game.
All of those who want ot grind and have fun and get a semi good return will come and play the game if gear dont cost as much as a new home cost.

It all depens on what future we want for the game.

Well prices for loot 2.0 weapons have dropped just in the last 3/4 months by like 20-70% depending on the weapon.

What more do people want?

Notable examples-

Unity weapons dropping between 50% to 75% AND THEY JUST CAME OUT THIS YEAR.

If we want a thriving game with more players and a better overall economy of stuff in the game gear needs to come down alot.
If there’s no mark up the game dies. It’s as simple as that. The cheaper all the UL weapons are, the less people use L weapons. The less people use those, the less L amps and armors etc. we NEED people using L ITEMS

If there’s no mark up the game dies. It’s as simple as that. The cheaper all the UL weapons are, the less people use L weapons. The less people use those, the less L amps and armors etc. we NEED people using L ITEMS
Well you can always counter that by making limited gear better than unlimited gears so paying markup means something. And if game get more and more players ul gear will keep a good markup but atleast not crazy expensive.

Well you can always counter that by making limited gear better than unlimited gears so paying markup means something. And if game get more and more players ul gear will keep a good markup but atleast not crazy expensive.
Limited gear IS better than their loot 1.0 counter parts.(Not every single loot 1.0 item, but probably about 99%)

We are in loot 2.0 atm.
The majority of the player base does not use Loot 2.0 weapons though.

I do age we need more loot 2.0 L gear, it just won’t help as much as people think it is. Think how mindark made the bps for the perfect plate L, ain’t no one going to use those. The cost is WAAAAY too much.

When I started this game there were very few ul options. A mod merc cost 250k peds. Assassin rl250? was around 25k.

So I would say weapon pricing is better than ever. Yes the top weapon is crazy expensive still around 350k, but there are so many options now for all price ranges. Assassin goes for maybe 5k?? Nowadays at tier 10?

Idk the complaints about weapon pricing confuse me. It’s rce, it emulates real life. Cars is a perfect example of this. They all go vroooom. But some cost 30k and some cost 300k.

I mean are the people crying in game crying outside in life?? When you see a guy in a Bentley do you tell him it’s not fair? He should sell you his Bentley for 10k? What’s wrong with him or spending so much on a car?? Don’t buy those cars so they lower the price? (You know the ppl I’m talking about, this is not directed at the op, unless he wants to be in this category as well 🤣🤣)
When I started playing in 2003, the promise of the mod merc/imp justy was that if used right you could profit with it. Nowadays you use ul 2.0 guns to loot more UL weapons to sell to others, but for normal hunting it's an allround loss, just slower. That's why UL weapons are too expensive nowadays.

but for normal hunting it's an allround loss, just slower.
You’re not hunting the right mobs then. There are MULTIPLE 4-5% MU mobs right now EXCLUDING even solid L drops and loot 1.0 UL drops and thats BEFORE twen tokens

Sharp learning curve in EU
some basic concepts
nothing + nothing = nothing
nothing x nothing = nothing

1) get a bicycle and an ice chest and go sell icecream and make 1 million dollars a year or
2) buy a truck with a loud speaker and sell ice cream to make 30k a year
3) invest wisely and watch your spending?

Even without reading i can say that for Mango and Adventurer all is too high and for the latter UL weapn should be lootable in pvp4

that apart, prices are better than ever
and are in some cases fairly priced for sure
still GARBAGE items cost too much (low level rifles as an example, that cost in the 10k ped)
then there are PSEUDO RENTAL ITEMS (philo sword, arcspark, firedagger) that have same price since forever and are just trasfered as a "rental" because you are sure that you will collect same price as you sell them

some prices are already pre-covid like claws back to 50 kish

good items hold the prices.... BP70, Fen items, TWEN are affordable but already hoarders ask for a MU for being unavailable.

speaking of.. there are 30 new sets of POE twen armors..... shadow set, modshadow and similar could drop 20% or more (leech rings help in this too)

i voted 3, some yes, some no
240k for a TWEN bp70 are too high (were extracted in the first days and will not be sold for less most probably to keep opportunity prices)
last unity knifes were extracted for less than 60k as it was unity mace, that is interesting because they set melee price
glinting were probably too few, but are better than BC80... i wonder if a bc80 will fall to 100k or glinting will rise to 180k

The majority of the player base does not use Loot 2.0 weapons though.

I do age we need more loot 2.0 L gear, it just won’t help as much as people think it is. Think how mindark made the bps for the perfect plate L, ain’t no one going to use those. The cost is WAAAAY too much.
Well mindark makes stuff and thinks everyone can just craft items for self use. Mindark dont see that the avg player cant hold down 50k of materials and bp´s just to use self made gears. Thats why they keep making bad stuff.

It all depends on the population of the game.

Supply / Demand with a pinch of Greed and Oligopoly.

If the game has 10x the players, prices will eventually come down because supply will have also increased to whatever metric MindArk uses for balancing.

You can glean a bit from how they do it when their incompetence shows you some of the inner workings, like when they released TWEN in loot and Vendor supply was also affected.

If you want prices to come down, recruit more players. If you want prices to rise, push just enough players out.

Demand has more weight on prices than Supply in this marketplace because the Oligopoly can Greedily sit on gear at relatively low cost to acquire. You're at the mercy of MindArk because there's no way to create your own Supply.

MindArk also needs prices high to wow the boobs noobs into a multi-year journey of revenue generation, akin to the carrot and stick.

(L) is the solution to high prices but not all (L) are created equal.

If you want prices to come down, recruit more players. If you want prices to rise, push just enough players out.
You have it completely backwards

The last time the player base was in "crisis " back in late 2018/ early 2019 was the opposite effect , less players , less demand and in reverse when player count spiked from covid the prices sharply increased

You have it completely backwards

The last time the player base was in "crisis " back in late 2018/ early 2019 was the opposite effect , less players , less demand and in reverse when player count spiked from covid the prices sharply increased
That because mindark are know for not knowing their own game and balance the game out with gear.
Just take that we are entering UE5 and epic store in 1 year. What have mindark done for the game with 50k new players wanting to play the game. All new players will come to entropia and all they will find is a big wall and 99.9% will leave and wonder wtf was that game. Where are all the gear for a big cluster of players comming?

When we hade covid, many players came and gear became expensive cuz game has too little gear to offer the playerbase. Its better we mass produce ul gear atm and when the big push comes the game is ready and prices dont have to reach crazy prices.

Or even better, we get weapons that we can modify by ourselfs doing missions and finding stuff to craft mods to our guns.

Perspective is everything.
Weapons are only a tool. If you can justify a price for your use, then it's not overpriced by any means.

Are player-owned shops too expansive? You own many of them, and I can't even imagine myself owning one because they are too expansive, but for you they are a useful tool for your style of playing/doing business.

It always depends on the perspective and who you ask. You are going to have 1001 different opinions if you ask "is it overpriced".

I own a 4'000$ USD pair of headphones at home. You can buy cheap ones at the dollar stone. Are mine overpriced?

Personally I feel MA knows full well what they are doing , they are not in the business to give away free stuff
Did they know that there was going to be a "Pandemic and supply the game with new items to balance out the demand a year b4 it happened?
Are they putting forth an effort to increase UL items in game a few years b4 the release of a new engine that will supposedly draw new players?
Is it good for me does that mean it's good for you and vice versa ?

the main draw to this game is the fact that you could possibly withdraw your investments unlike any other mmorpg

to Me the difference between L items and UL items is the same as renting an apartment or buying a house , or leasing a car or buying one
everything is subjective to speculation so who knows

I gotta ask, so what should the cost be for mod nano? The best weapon in game? 100k ped? 10k ped? 1k ped? The tt. +50?? It’s always the price needs to be lower? But what is lower?

Top tier guns cycle 2-3k ped per hr. So in a day 20k ped cycled is very easy. You have money to cycle 2,000$ a day but you don’t have money for the weapon itself??

And 20k is a very low amount, I myself can hit that on weekends in a good play session, I know that’s barely anything compared to what others are cycling.

For the casual player who only spends 1-2 hours a day, yes they are overpriced. For the people who play 8+ hours a day, they are not overpriced.

Without reading every comment i can say that it is super funny how some people who cycle 10 ped a month feel about weapon prices, even if i gift you those Kind of uberclass items your ped card cant handle one hour hunting, so whats the point of price Speculations? Grow some peds use that kind of items first and then talk about prices

Oh forgot to flex on the people who shittalk about weapons, how happy i am that i bought a bp 70 that actualy produces me loads of mu i can use for further Upgrades while those people still hang @ boreas doing exactly 0 progress.

I did vote that they shud be valued more, not because i own one... because i understand what they do
You dont just buy a effective item or super good dpp, you also buy a boost of time by huge dps diference compared to the other players
If 100 players play with 50 dps weapons
And your weapon got 100 dps not even using any pills , you already outperform everyone by x2 now my setup runns 200+ dps while others who complain about prices runn like 60 dps with a super garbage effi and super garbage dpp now my only competition that does a real diference is someone with a mod nano, bp 130 bc 120 kind of items but the 50 - 150 dps people i dont even mind. Now compare how many 50 - 150 dps people we got and how many who go above 200 to the 300, you figure out real quick why top items are worth a top price and that this top price is actualy rly low, and its only that low because of the fact that we are a small playerbase
250k for a weapon might Sound high if you dont got the peds but it rly is nothing if you got the peds
Now dps is only one pillar then you have Things like good dpp, good efficiency, good conversation rate, good amplifier Spot and so on. If you dont think about that stuff then dont think about prices @all, becaude you are simply not ready to use that kind of expencive stuff, rather stay with limited or garbage untill you understand what you are doing, and one day you will understand why Things are the way they are

I did spend a lot of money, yes it was worth it, it was worth it because i know what do to with the item.

Last edited:
I voted yes and no. I lean toward the view that the number of circulating copies of many UL items is too low. This matters more for items without close substitutes like specific BPs, vehicle repair kits, etc., but I still don't think finding any specific UL weapon you want on the auction, i.e., over the span of a few months, should be prohibitively difficult, or that players should feel pressure to buy specific items when available because they may never have the opportunity to do so again.

With that said, I don't think MindArk should be in the business of reverse engineering lower prices. The targets in their models should reference liquidity, not price. This is orthogonal to the question of how often, if ever, they should adapt drop rates in response to actual auction sales volume data; presumably players shouldn't have to avoid transacting an item on the auction because of the effect doing so would have on its drop rate, so maybe the easiest case to imagine is at the other end of the spectrum in which drop rates are set in stone when an item is released and never recalibrated. In this case, MindArk would predictively model the relation between drop rate and auction sales volume over time, and set the rate function (which could still depend on time) accordingly. On the other hand, perhaps some amount of dynamic recalibration in response to actual auction sales volume data is fine. The bottom line is that this would lower prices incidentally, but the target would be cultivating good liquidity properties, not trying to figure out the right prices for things.

Another facet I don't like is that very high individual item prices don't allow players to scale into a hunting setup. In my system, different weapons would have different situational uses. Some weapon effects might apply differently in sunlight VS overcast VS rain VS snow. Some might apply differently at different elevations. Some might apply differently against different mobs. I would rather uber hunters own 40 weapons to adapt to different situations worth 5K PED each than 1 weapon for all situations worth 200K PED. A hunter's weapon portfolio could still be viewed as an investment (a safer, more diversified investment than in the current model, without obviously-worse upside potential), but building such a collection partially, to perform well in at least a few situations, would be more reasonable than it presently is. By making the space of effect-tradeoffs in different hunting situations complex enough that optimization becomes sufficiently interesting (I would have armor and other items' effects interacting with each other as well), this could also create a metagame of strategy differentiation in which present-day bots cannot outperform skilled humans.

I guess answer will be given over time by those listed weapons on forum.

If sell within seconds - to cheap
If sells in reasonable time - about right
If stays listed for months and months with no buyers - To high

:)

I think so far, the results of the poll are showing that there are more people thinking that weapons are too expensive, with 27 saying "Yes" or "Mostly yes", versus only 15 saying "No" or "Mostly no". That's almost twice as many saying they are too expensive.

Food for thought

lol Legend. there is one third of answers that say "depends"....
depending on that "depends" some say yes some say no :)

Back