Votes: 152 54.1%
  • no

Votes: 129 45.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
stuck @216 votes atm. Anybody else?

Get with it, we're a happy community!!!! :D

voted no...

its to expensive...even low-lvl activities empty the pedcard to fast...

there is this other thread "eu lost the spirit"..this is it for me too..

barely logging in nowadays...

looks like most of my socmates feel the same...

anybody else willing to vote? Would be nice to reach the same number of responders as last year. It could also be that there are less users online atm.

I'm happy. It's now about 2 weeks since I got a new videocard in my mac and returned to active play after a year long break (during which I logged only once in a month or so, for it was too slow on my old 8800GT). I miss the old Calypso, but that's not because the new one is worse, it's just a nostalgia about places where I spent thousands of hours of my life. There was a saying in another thread, that completely reflects my feelings:
It's like going on holidays to Italy every year, and then the next year, Italy is gone and has been replaced with something entirely different.
Like France, for example. It's not better or worse, it's completely different, the whole new experience, and you have to drop all your habits and start to acquire new ones. I love new graphics and designs and all the new features and I'm sure in a year or two I'll feel that the world never was different. Like when I look at pre-vu9 screens of my avatar and can't believe I was so ugly while I clearly remember that I was very happy with my look :).

numbers do look quite stable atm. As the poll is still active, we should make a summary when its closed.

One might question how usefully a poll like this might be. Sure, we don’t know if its representative as we don’t have a random sample here. Hence, its possibly biased.

Nevertheless, we do have a subset of avas that responded and atm there are 249 votes. Those votes do express the opinion of an unknown number of players. As it’s the third time now doing this kind of poll, we can assume that those that do vote will share some common characteristics.

For instance, voters are players frequenting this forum. They are interested to know what others think and say, they do express their own opinion and are contributing their thoughts. Hence, results can be compared between single polls. Results, however, are limited to this subset of players and this should be kept in mind.

We’re atm at a 50 to 50 situation. Half are happy and half not.

This is my first year playing...first two months actually. I'm really glad I gave this game a chance.

This is my first year playing...first two months actually. I'm really glad I gave this game a chance.

can you give more details about what you do like most?

I know one day or the other I'll be coming back to Calypso to give it another go, but currently the cost of the game is not proportionate to the entertainment offered.

So no, currently not a happy player.

I am kinda split down the middle right now but tend more twords not happy.

The game aspect and visuals of EU are phenominal now. The addition of vehicles that I was agaisnt before they came is now a plus for me as a major fun factor and they have more functionality then I thought.

Player base is great altho there are many people suckin up a little too hard to the devs at times. All in all in game relations are great. I have many new and real friends all over the world. Unlike all other video games where I had many aquaintances around the world.

The RCE element of the game is totally shot now with MA / FPC using the bad economy as an excuse to just !!!! the player base financially. The economy is what they set it to be by what they add or take away within it. the out side economy has ZERO effect as people will be staying home more with a bad economy looking for something to do and not out ion the world spending. They need entertainment and EU provides that. People will pay what they are willing to for this no matter how the RL economy is. If the makers of EU have money problems its their own fault because they are driving away players with what they do.

The addition of missions I think was totally unnecessary other then to make EU look more like other games out there. The fact that having less no looters was a key point before VU 10 was implemented and endorsed by SEVERAL MA / FPC emplyees but now having a minimum of 50% no looters on the mission mobs is so wrong there just arent words to describe this. (and no fragments are not loots they are just icons for a no looter)

The orginality of the game is fast disolving the more they add "features" of other games. The unwillingness to get things back in game that WERE loved by many is very disheartening as that to me says they simply do not care about the people who are putting food in their mouths by playing EU. The never ending events that are now going on that favor the participants but suck the life from the rest of the community is also very sad for the game.

What they are doing with this platform to a new world is simply a pathetic ploy to keep the money on Calypso by not dropping BP's on Rocktropia to give it an actual economy to grow and survive on. Just because most of the crafting gamblers and high dollar investor crafters are going to flock there when they drop is no reason to postpone them dropping. This is only hurting both worlds economies by doing this. I hope that MA is not stupid enough to think these types of tactics will fly with other worlds as well. Set up an economy as fast as possible and the income for the "Platform" will grow a hell of alot faster then holding back new economies to favor the original one.

Lastly the addition of trash mobs on every square inch of free space on the planet simple to suck decays from players not decaying hundreds of ped per hour is just in bad taste. You made profession choices for people and they made them for various reasons. I am a miner I have no interest in hunting to make my way in EU so I chose a profession where I did not have to do so. Now they are forcing players that dont want to hunt to have to do this wether they want to or not. Hunters run to their favorite spawns and stay in most cases. Many do not explore or go try new spawns once they find one that suits them so an excuse that new spawns are needed is false.

This whole thing reminds me of old times where kings would charge a tax to cross a bridge and soldiers would rob you of the rest of your money after you had crossed.

Unhappy for LOOT AND FOR LAG!!!:(:(
Very Happy for new vehicles and for Missions!!!:yay::yay:

I am kinda split down the middle right now but tend more twords not happy.

Thx for expressing your point of view. I guess it describes very well the relationship between a participant and the universe.

wise and true words trina :)

"This whole thing reminds me of old times where kings would charge a tax to cross a bridge and soldiers would rob you of the rest of your money after you had crossed."

poll will close in 2 hours.

I'm very happy with content and looks, but I voted no... May be nice for investers, but way too expensive for entertainement...

I'm not leaving though, just pausing ;)

thx for voting and I have updated the OP.

We do have a 50/50 situation and are far away from 2006 results. Results from 2009 where mostly related to tech. problems with VU10, as it was done close after VU10 launched.

Although, this poll is not representative it clearly shows that players do have an acceptance problem, something that should be addressed in more detail.

thx for voting and I have updated the OP.

We do have a 50/50 situation and are far away from 2006 results. Results from 2009 where mostly related to tech. problems with VU10, as it was done close after VU10 launched.

Although, this poll is not representative it clearly shows that players do have an acceptance problem, something that should be addressed in more detail.

As you have said, 2010's result is an improvement over 2009's. If you run this poll this time of year in 2011 (and all the missing features are back) it'll be interesting to see if 2011's result is greater than 2010's.

As you have said, 2010's result is an improvement over 2009's. If you run this poll this time of year in 2011 (and all the missing features are back) it'll be interesting to see if 2011's result is greater than 2010's.

Yes, the difference between 2010 and 2009 is significant and hence an improvement, although I would have expected better results for 2010.

I personally do like EU and therefore voted yes, but I’m rarely online. I don’t miss features that were implemented before, but I simply do not have the motivation to play. I would really appreciated a reworked game concept that is better balanced and adds content.

Yes, the difference between 2010 and 2009 is significant and hence an improvement, although I would have expected better results for 2010.

I personally do like EU and therefore voted yes, but I’m rarely online. I don’t miss features that were implemented before, but I simply do not have the motivation to play. I would really appreciated a reworked game concept that is better balanced and adds content.

I personally am not greatly affected by missing makeup, beacons, taming, piloting, mentoring or the missing mobs but there are plenty that are. If for example 30 people who voted "No" due to the above voted "Yes" next year then that'd give a much healthier bar graph. At least all the complaints would be back to being about bad loot and bugs. :)

I personally am not greatly affected by missing makeup, beacons, taming, piloting, mentoring or the missing mobs but there are plenty that are. If for example 30 people who voted "No" due to the above voted "Yes" next year then that'd give a much healthier bar graph. At least all the complaints would be back to being about bad loot and bugs. :)

It's all in the strategy. Throw them a bone they already had and they forget about their everyday frustrations... :cool:

Back