• I play about the same

Votes: 43 16.1%
  • I play more

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I play alot more

Votes: 20 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
play alot less, since the loot sucks big time, even if MA supports says " we insure u,,bla bla bla did not change the loot"

still like the game, but the cost of the game atm is way to high..

so, i play less, and deposit almost 0.. bad 4 the game.. what a shame :mad:

In the other one I voted 'I play less', in this one I voted 'I play a lot less' :(

I dont understand what is going on :confused: I love this game and have done for a good few years... But I cant make my old weekly depo last a day now and it makes me so sad :(

I still play all the time I can..

So I guess that's more on the weekends and less during the week?

I play less..

Because im at boarding school :O

i play more... i hade a 4month break and realized I LOVE PE.

well, seems like more and more people start to realise what this game actually is about. want to have fun, progress in skills and equipment? but that is rather easy, just keep depositing more and more, that's all it takes. with your pathetic 50-500 usd a month you'll have it all in 10-20 years, do not worry. =)

by the way, any of you ever made like a rough estimation of how much MA is making from those that stay and continue depositing like there is no tomorrow? 1000 guys like Akas and it's already 30M bucks...

anyhow, I play many times less than before, almost do not play at all. yes, it is not worth tho money it takes - a lot more fun can be bought for this price... but fear not, there are a lot of those who will continue depositing like mad. =) MA will develop it to be better and from some point people will start joining again in masses. you just have to hope it'll happen before there's only 100 top skilled guys left ingame but no one else...

J.

After two years the first "thrill " is gone and looking how slowly the levelling goes now, I stopped playing daily. Deposits are constants, rather use them now to hunt above my level (aka fun) and don't log in once the budget is gone. I am sure that after a few weeks I will get another kick and playe more again, somtimes it is good to take some timeouts or reduce playtime.

Well, after a 3 month break (RL problems), I am coming back now.
Think I will play less than befor break, as I don´t have that much time as befor the break due to RL job.

If I would have the time, I would play a lot more ;)

I don't play anymore cos my FL is empty /cut

I play less for several reasons. Slow skilling, PED draining faster, worse returns, less friends on, the excitement is gone, the hope is there for the future but way less seeing past trends. I still love the concept, the potential, the people that are still on. But after so many years of skilling it just seems more and more things become out of reach when they should seem closer. Stagnation sets in. The only goals become hitting a uber loot to enable inching forward. I`d love the incentive back, the feeling of progress, the feeling of making a difference, of contributing. But pay and grind does not satisfaction make.

a lot less, lost my fun, about the shop stress i had, and about a company like MA is!

also the loot is super bad, and mining a mess! and no make up is back. i think i dont like the new vu10.

i play more, because i finally found my niche in game, i found perfect way to mine for myself, i have fantastic socmates who patiently endure my talkative personality. i balance between profit and break even, and I'm waiting for that tower which is right behind the corner, which will alow me to buy ml-45, skill up to lr66 and reign in pvp4 ;)))

as for empty fl: people come and people go, only memories stay. keep ur memories good and stay positive and open to new ppl and experiences, and eu becomes fun again ))
Posted via Mobile Device

I play less because I chipped out, but I recently started playing some but it became boring. I cant even finish one 104 amp hunting and I already logg out most of the time.

I am playing a lot less but that is more down to RL reasons than anything else.

My ISP at work is dog turd for a start so took my tower home. the new laptop i got does not do VU10. so can only play at weekends but with my work weekends are now a few and far bewteen when i can play. Add to that that CoDMW2 came out as well so playing that as well.

but RL life changes for me in March so should be back playing more.

but who knows. I still enjoy myself in game so will still be about. mainly waiting now for when they bring back Wormholing than anything else

I'm playing quite a lot more since I had a long break, but about the same as before :silly2:

Playing more or less the same (aka most of my wake time in EU :laugh:). As for loot changes that people keep talking about... i'm sorry, but that's just your impression and not facts. I have been keeping spreadsheets for years, and nothing has changed. You still get same old 90% or more in the long run.

However, those of you who play just for fun, don't track such things over long periods of time. And my guess is that your losses is mostly due to not managing your markups. If you're using L equipment, paying too much, or hunting mobs that give no markup loots. Or both. Also consider that most likely MA treats all armor/fap decay as markup, aka, you will never get it back. So the harder the mobs you hunt, the more you're paying for other equipments, and if you happen to also hunt mob that gives poor markup materials... that's your disaster recipe.

Also, people tend to forget that EU is evolving, and we are evolving with it. Think what most of people hunted 3-4 years ago, and what majority of people hunt nowadays. The CND generation are now mostly middle level players, using high dps L guns, hunting big mobs, mining with amps, etc. And if you didn't adapt your gameplay along the way (or it was a loosing gameplay style right from the beginning) and you moved up to a higher stakes activities... of course you're going to loose more, proportionally.

It's a game of survival. If you want to prosper, you have always analyze what you're doing right, what you're doing wrong and look for opportunities. (Just a quick example. Before blazar droprate was changed, clever hunters would have camped small mobs day and night because virtually every run was a profit due to markup on them. That's just an example of opportunities i'm talking about). And if you don't want to do that, for whatever reasons, then you are going to loose most likely.

Good point Lavawaker :) I'm not against (L) items, not at all. Most of my equipment is L. I just wanted to say that one shouldn't pay too high markups on those. Other than that, nothing wrong with L.

I play alot alot less since i realize there is no future and everything is worse vu per vu.(only gfx is better....pfff)
Is not the same game anymore,and never will be.

But who cares,and there is still many people who enjoy this game now like me enjoy before:)
PE>EU

You forgot to add the poll option:

"I only log in to chat" if any at all :p

I think that mindark or FPC screwed up the game bigtime. I play much much less if any at all now. Cant afford to lose anymore money. And what fun is the game when youre on a 4 month no loot streak because they decided so? I am never ever going to recommend this game to anyone anymore. I am really fed up with the way that mindark and FPC handles their players.

i play more lately too as ive returned to noobdom from a loooong break ;)

C

Less due to real life. Wife, kids, work, life, oy!

Playing more or less the same (aka most of my wake time in EU :laugh:). As for loot changes that people keep talking about... i'm sorry, but that's just your impression and not facts. I have been keeping spreadsheets for years, and nothing has changed. You still get same old 90% or more in the long run.

90% always?:scratch2: Yes... I knew it!.. you are a miner!!! (*):silly2: ... Reality of Hunting is very different from like you said :(

----
(*) PD- Anyone can see it watching your information from Entropia Tracker

90% always?:scratch2: Yes... I knew it!.. you are a miner!!! (*):silly2: ... Reality of Hunting is very different from like you said :(

----
(*) PD- Anyone can see it watching your information Entropia Tracker

Overall 90% even with those ATH's he has been getting :scratch2:

lol.. he is an ExCoins.. for that reason he has many totals skills. However, it is easy to see that he has a big difference between his results from mining and the other professions. I believe him when he said 90% of rate return (in mining), but i am sure that is not his own reality at hunting profession too, because if it would be on this way, his loot in three professions would be better distributed. ;)

I'm have an interest in seeing Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso succeed. That being said I will be playing less just so I can devote more time to getting my real life straightened out.

I just can't continue with the fervor I once had. Partly due to cost and it sapping a lot of my energy away from creative endevours. That's not to say that some of my creative endevours can not be inspired by EU because some of them hinge on how involved MA wants people to be in the Virtual Universe they have created.

Things could change if my real life situation changes but now I just don't see that happening.

I am sure I will check out every new VU but will temper that with a healthy dose of creative outlets besides mind numbing grinding that yields the same ole same.

Posted via Mobile Device

----
(*) PD- Anyone can see it watching your information from Entropia Tracker

Well, yes, obviously i'm a miner. That doesn't mean that i don't know how hunting works or about returns. And i am a miner because i see more potential for profit there, not because of different tt return. As i said earlier, it's all about managing markups, because in the end, tt return always evens out.

Just to indulge you... Here's my results sheet from december on hunting.

Mobs hunted: Ituma, fresco, proterons, some dasp. (Explanation of abbreviations, TT WAA=TT return including Weapons/Ammo/Amps, TT WAAFA=same as TT WAA, but also with fap and armor, Deftotal=Total defence costs (armor, fap, plates and markups).

TT return counting only weapon/ammo/amp around 95%, with armor/fap included around 92%. Most profit is due to angel feet (7.4k) and salamander part (2k). So, as you can see, even with 95% returnn i would have lost due to lack of markup and because i was using very expensive setup mostly.

And that's why i prefer mining, not because of returns, but because of more markup.

Actually the 90% figure that i used, is a safe estimate overall, which can be applied to all avatars and professions in the long run, assuming they don't do stupid things. (Like hunting with oldskool weapons at 3ha, or droping all bombs in one place).

My personal avg retun with that ATH (I ever had only 1 ath), is over 95%. Was having profit overall before it, and continue to do so after it. So it was just a nice additional bonus.

lol.. he is an ExCoins.. for that reason he has many totals skills. However, it is easy to see that he has a big difference between his results from mining and the other professions. I believe him when he said 90% of rate return (in mining), but i am sure that is not his own reality at hunting profession too, because if it would be on this way, his loot in three professions would be better distributed. ;)

I don't honestly know what me being in any soc has to do with this discussion, but i'll answer anyway. I'm no uber, only ~165k total skills. The reason why i'm in ex cons is because there was a merge with midlvl soc, in which i was at the time. Since then i have been working hard to raise my total skills, which is not so easy thing for me, as skills are not my ultimate goal.

And concerning other professions, i believe i answered already. And concerning crafting, i simply don't have enough capital for good BPs and skills needed to craft profitable stuff.

Playing a lot less.

Despite being out of work on disability, and having way too much free time, my budget is way too tight to enjoy myself on Calypso. Certain other games are playable for only $15 a month, and they already got their alcohol shipments.

Am I playing less?

Um, I uninstalled the client yesterday so yeah, I think so. :cdevil:

Back