Are you sick of this?

I think what he is saying is he is happy with the results, but hates the system for the way it gave him loot that should have been spread more evenly. (Same way many feel about the American government, it seems. ;))

EU is portrayed as a chance system (see loot window near you), which should over the long run benefit those patient and skilled/knowledgeable enough to utilise explicit mechanics to improve nett return (eg gun stats)...explicit is equable. If however there is an unknown mechanism which subverts this then the 'gaming' premise is corrupted.

I bolded the part in which you are lacking.

Playtime

I bolded the part in which you are lacking.

Dion, Dion, Dion...
..why so resentful? The neg rep for my opinions and now childish insults.:rolleyes:

Go chase a story where all you have to do is state facts...theory and abstract thought seem to be beyond you.

I do have to say this much.... anyone that knows a little about SLI knows that the 9800GT is not capable of running at Quad-SLI or even TRI-SLI. Certainly it was not th eintentions of MA to have one player w/ 3 of them!

We ALL know that the game is a risk, yet we still play, that's the fun in the whole thing. Crying and whining about who got what or what you didn't get is of little concern to MA and to most players. We are here to have fun and enjoy the game, be it with a return or not.

The only reason I am sour is because I have been misled. As you quoted the specific reference which I used to dismiss this allegation initially, there is little point reiterating it as you choose not to see the wider implications.

The only person that misled you was yourself. Shame on you!! :cussing:

Reminds me of a quote from the Bible -" There are none so blind as those who will not see"-...never seen the Lion King and would be embarressed to quote it outside the playground.

Funny, I've seen the Disney films with my children and found many parts for more than just the young audience. I've also seen it live (as the musical) and found it entertaining. Maybe you should broaden your horizons and you might see the correlation. :rolleyes:

Bring the Mod EF members back out to play :wtg:, at least there is some sport in their objections. I only want to stimulate a topic which effects all of us. I am untouchable - I have chipped out enough skills today to cover my deposits and I reckon I can do another 2-3 times, before I calculate items & bp's. I do not regret taking more than I put in and I am certainly not bitter about the return I have gained through entertaining myself.

So, I guess you were doing well with your Eco Hunting then.. Glad to hear that you got yours in the end. :deal:

Dion, Dion, Dion...
..why so resentful? The neg rep for my opinions and now childish insults.:rolleyes:

Go chase a story where all you have to do is state facts...theory and abstract thought seem to be beyond you.

Again, I bolded the part, but you are still lacking in knowledge. Reread what you have said. You think you know how it works. You bitch, because it doesn't work how you think it works. If you knew how it worked, you'd either leave, because you didn't like how it works, or you'd stay, and take advantage of that knowledge. You wouldn't be complaining that it isn't working how it's supposed to work, because you'd know it was working perfectly fine.

But, because of your lack of knowledge, you bitch and whine like someone owes you something. The neg rep was exactly because of this attitude. No one owes you anything. Not Mindark, not Matt, not me, not your government, not your mother. You make your life what you wish. Sometimes things go your way, other times they do not.

But don't, for one minute, think that because you think you know how things work that you can make a qualified statement saying how things are not working properly. That's just plain dumb.

~D

Walt teh Hellboy

The only person that misled you was yourself. Shame on you!! :cussing:

Funny, I've seen the Disney films with my children and found many parts for more than just the young audience. I've also seen it live (as the musical) and found it entertaining. Maybe you should broaden your horizons and you might see the correlation. :rolleyes:

So, I guess you were doing well with your Eco Hunting then.. Glad to hear that you got yours in the end. :deal:

Shame on me indeed...although I am trying to prevent others like me doing the same so I reckon my karma won't suffer.

I'm sure you have found some value in your Disney perusals. Whether they are relevant to this discussion was your call, but no I won't 'broaden my horizons' via this mode (especially not musical versions), it would be a regression.

The statements regarding my return were simply to illustrate that I have some grasp of the game mechanics and am not being subversive due to 'sour grapes'.

Is anyone able to comment without taking my statements out of context?

Thanks Mandrake...I notice your not a Mod Member so pls don't put yourself at risk when the 'powers at be' go 'lockdown' :cool:

Dib Dab Dob

Again, I bolded the part, but you are still lacking in knowledge. Reread what you have said. You think you know how it works. You bitch, because it doesn't work how you think it works. If you knew how it worked, you'd either leave, because you didn't like how it works, or you'd stay, and take advantage of that knowledge. You wouldn't be complaining that it isn't working how it's supposed to work, because you'd know it was working perfectly fine.

But, because of your lack of knowledge, you bitch and whine like someone owes you something. The neg rep was exactly because of this attitude. No one owes you anything. Not Mindark, not Matt, not me, not your government, not your mother. You make your life what you wish. Sometimes things go your way, other times they do not.

But don't, for one minute, think that because you think you know how things work that you can make a qualified statement saying how things are not working properly. That's just plain dumb.

~D

There you go again. Pls read my last few posts and go to bed you are obviously tired and unable to understand what is being discussed.

I suppose it was a long post for you so you might have typed this during my responses...I forgive you...night night:D

but if I have a screenie of a Snable Global tomorrow night it's got to mean something (Hopefully primed for an ESI for added drama :eek:)

lmao dream on!

Ok, folks...can we get STOP the flame wars and :topic: NO ONE knows with any kind of certainty how MA, in their most infinite wisdom, decide what goes where so STOP IT!!! Concentrate your energies, instead, on getting the message across to MA to revise and improve their methods of distribution...especially for these "special" items.

in other words...peace...yes?

'nuff said

NO ONE knows with any kind of certainty how MA, in their most infinite wisdom, decide what goes where

I wonder if MA is actually aware of what goes where? :scratch2: with a lot of things ive seen in EU the last couple years, it really has become one of the things that make you think.

Not seeing the issue here, whats the value of a card like this, 1500-2000sek ? lets say 2k peds, so total loot is like 6k peds.
Anyone looting 2k peds can take out the peds and buy themselfes a card if thats something they want. The item in itself is seems a bit irrelevant in a game that is rce, a whole thread dedicated to a total 6k loot spells jealousy to me....:rolleyes:
Well, inspired by you I withdrew 6k peds, not to buy three cards but to vote with my money.
Would think that the more people vote this way the faster MA gets a clue about pissed off customers. :scratch2:

I assume MA won't comment on the issue.
Anyone mailed NVIDIA yet?

MA says:

29 Sep 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We will forward your feedback to the balancing teem for their information.

In the process of improving Entropia Universe we always welcome feedback from participants. When problems or suggestions are reported, we forward these issues to the responsible team and they are ranked and fixed or evaluated according to their priority. The only way to report such issues is via support.We again thank you for your patience and participation in the Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

so, there ya go :rolleyes:

Yup, I got much the same response :)

26 Sep 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions! Feedback from participants is always appreciated. We will forward your suggestions to our design team for evaluation.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

I really can't understand why this guy should not have looted 3 Graphic Cards, and why some people consider it as a defect and send Support Case.

Don't we all know for years that loot is random (or pseudo-random)?

My advice for everybody to appreciate EU:
- Turn off the Global Chat.
- Do not read the HoF messages.
- Do not open the Hof Window.
-> Rule 1: Ignore that other loot better than you
- Plan your business with a crappy 50% return.
- Go to hunt (or other activity) and hope for a 66% return.
-> Rule 2: Do not expect good loot.

Result:
- You will be happy when you break even.
- You will dance when you have a Global.
- I don't know what to do when a Hof comes, I never got one after 2 years and I don't care. ;)

(Apply this in RL and you will smile more.)

Second that! Sometimes in life your lucky, most the time your not.. do what you need to do to get by and smiling makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Cool that the guy got the cards...

but seriously, shit like this in this game is just... well, lets just say the game isnt what it used to be...

I only log on every now and then now just to see how things have changed in the hopes that things will actually improve.

I like everything about the game, EXCEPT, the dynamic loot bullshit.

Heres hoping when there will be a day when this game isnt for the rich.

Interesting reading :)

I particularly like the photo of the balance manager, but alas, it is a fake, it is a chimp working there, not a child.

Grats to Matt getting 3, thumbs down to MA for incompetance, in fact, the chimp would do a better job of balancing loot, the more I think about it.

I'd also say cut down on these high ath's that happen every other day, and spread the loot out over a broader range of mobs, so that next time I shoot 7 Armax Bull guardians, I dont get 7 on the trot that carry the big golden letter's of MA's incompentent chimp's no loot message.

Edit..
Support assures me, these high ath's do not influence my own, or anyboby elses loot possibilities, yer right. Look, there's Liz flying by my window ontop of a flying pink and purple pig, throwing pound coins to everyone, because she is printed on them.

1 ath a week is fine, 10 a week is not, when everyone else's loot is non existant, or tt crap.

I'm seriously close to selling my skills (what little they mean, dont do bugger all for me (lvl16 miner already, and only 1 global using various amps, sib finders etc as an example)) and cashing out, and looking for a new mmo to make the cold winters nights pass by quicker.

Last edited:
29 Sep 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We will forward your feedback to the balancing teem for their information.

In the process of improving Entropia Universe we always welcome feedback from participants. When problems or suggestions are reported, we forward these issues to the responsible team and they are ranked and fixed or evaluated according to their priority. The only way to report such issues is via support.We again thank you for your patience and participation in the Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

This sound is so familiar to me....
Everytime I go to the toilets, I push the button, and I hear it.

:(

Wow I've been playing off and on for the past few months and it seems like the hight rollers are upset they didn't get one of these items. How balanced would the game be if only the high rollers got all the rare items and land? What incentive would weaker characters have to keep playing if people who deposit the most keep getting 99% of everything(rare items, land, etc.)?

yeah agreed MA really needs to rethink some things sometimes...and ya gratz Matt on looting 3 cards but geeeez and 33 prospecting never had a tower either...Hurts :(

1 ath a week is fine, 10 a week is not, when everyone else's loot is non existant, or tt crap.

I presume MA know what they are doing, but if they notice withdrawals > deposits, then they'll realise they got it wrong.

They dont get it BECAUSE they deposit, they deposit SO they can afford to get the gear necessary to take down the mobs that drop the cool stuff.

And as for LA, there is no issue there and no luck involved: pay the money, own a land:)

Back