Are your Keys special?

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
I read this thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6708

And it made me wonder how many people use the default keys and just get used to it? How many people have there own special setup that has always worked for them for all computer games?

I know myself i have a very different setup thenthe default keys for movment
and i find i can move better with them. So I wonder mabey others have a different way that may even be better or my way may help someone else even. So share how you setup your keys.

Rex's Keys

Movment:
Jump-Numpad 8
Slide Left - Numpad 4
Slide Right - Numpad 6
Run - numpad Enter
Walk - numpad +
backwards - numpad del/.
"auto run" - always F12 on all quickbars ;-)
the rest i use standard pretty much

You're probably left handed Rex ? I'd find it difficult to use the num pad and mouse, all on the same side of my keyboard, and use the function keys for short cut bar... too far apart.

I fully have the default layout. That way I can move around using my left hand, and operate the function keys at the same time ( so no hand switching or whatever ), since they're close enough together for me to reach them, while I aim / shoot / loot with the mouse ( right hand ).

So to answer your question, no my keys are far from special, they are however very practical ( for me ;) ). My short cut bar is for some items the same for each bar ( same as your autorun ), my FAPS / autorun / relax item and so on are under the same keys... ;)

Jeroen3219 said:
You're probably left handed Rex ? ....

Nope Move with left hand on keyboard aim and fire with right hand on mouse.

I actualy was shown this way a long long time ago was realy handy playing descent because there are so many different directions of movment.

RexDameon said:
I actualy was shown this way a long long time ago was realy handy playing descent because there are so many different directions of movment.
mmmm.... Descent.. ;) love it! actualy for all the keys are as default.. what special - on all bars I have '2' my FAP, '3' is autorun and 4 is unequip tool. all the rest is configured: one bar for hunt, second for hunt/mining, etc

Yup :yup: I have used my own default keys since I began PE and never switched them :girl: I do believe some of them are the same that MA provides, and some I have added:
Jump- Enter key
Right/Left- Arrows
Run- 0 on number pad
Walk- forward arrow
Back- Back arrow ;)
Autorun- F1

I think mostly the big difference is my run and jump. I like using the number pad together with the arrows for all mov't just b/c they are next to one another on my keyboard and my mouse is right there too... so I can easily access it

Svetlana said:
Yup :yup: I have used my own default keys since I began PE and never switched them :girl: I do believe some of them are the same that MA provides, and some I have added:
Jump- Enter key
Right/Left- Arrows
Run- 0 on number pad
Walk- forward arrow
Back- Back arrow ;)
Autorun- F1

I think mostly the big difference is my run and jump. I like using the number pad together with the arrows for all mov't just b/c they are next to one another on my keyboard and my mouse is right there too... so I can easily access it

Pfft. Yours are only that way because that is how I set them up when you started. n00b. ;)

And one could guess, mine are set up the same as Sveta's aside from autorun. F3 for me. :D

DD
:evilking:

Back