Argonaut Hunting Log/V-Log by Fat Fóck Adam

Nice going, ure return is atm close to the expected return rate, try to keep in mind to not have to many mobs on u, preferred even a 1 on 1 situation constant.. altho I understand that will be hard with these.

Also as a small sidenote, ure vid's are good to see, i have no problem with the speed it actually makes it more pleasant to look at.

Maybe you could try the "Hide loot window" function in your next video so we can see the TT loot values through out your run.

This feature shows no loot windows but instead lists the items looted and each items TT value in a text message in the upper left of your HUD.

Nice log!

JEHU

Nice going, ure return is atm close to the expected return rate, try to keep in mind to not have to many mobs on u, preferred even a 1 on 1 situation constant.. altho I understand that will be hard with these.

Also as a small sidenote, ure vid's are good to see, i have no problem with the speed it actually makes it more pleasant to look at.

Aye thank you for your feedback, I bought an opalo to use as tagger so it will be done in the next run.

Maybe you could try the "Hide loot window" function in your next video so we can see the TT loot values through out your run.

This feature shows no loot windows but instead lists the items looted and each items TT value in a text message in the upper left of your HUD.

Nice log!

JEHU

Thanks mate, I know about this feature, didn't work until a day or two ago, so the upcoming videos will be with the non loot window mode on.

Round 8

Round 8:

Ammo: 500 PED
Repair/Decay: 254,70 PED
Total Cost: 754,70 PED

TT Value of loot: 639,79 PED
Value of loot with MU: 659,20 PED (Based on Daily MU of Iron Ingot)

TT Profit/Loss: -114,91 PED
Profit/Loss with MU: -95,50 PED
TT Return: 84,99%
Return with MU: 87,35%

Globals: 0
Globals Value: 0
Globals Item/s: -

HoF: 0
HoF Value: 0
HoF Item/s: -

Notable Loot: Iron Stone (TT value: 177,32 PED)

Special Note: During this round I wanted to try out BLP to compare, I used a CB19 (L) with Beast amp and used a T5 as finisher, the results were ok, but due to lack of weapons on auc and the MU I have decided to stick with my basic setup which is: Opalo as tagger, P4a+a104 amp as main weapon and scratcher II as finisher. Armor is still Adjusted Pixie.

Last edited:
As I've said already said to you before, you could get better eco on armor using Musca L+5A plates instead. But both armor's are pretty much identical, only plus in using Musca is no equip decay. Yeah use the opalo at least ur shooting it based on TT (or get a UL2 L), you can add an A101 if you like but not 100% necessary. Finisher is fine since u prefer to skill melee.

As I've said already said to you before, you could get better eco on armor using Musca L+5A plates instead. But both armor's are pretty much identical, only plus in using Musca is no equip decay. Yeah use the opalo at least ur shooting it based on TT (or get a UL2 L), you can add an A101 if you like but not 100% necessary. Finisher is fine since u prefer to skill melee.

If you actually look at it from a dmg/pec standpoint the MU on musca completely ruins any chance it has to be more efficient than adj pixie/pixie + 5a. Also the time and effort of putting together L suits can make them much less efficient financially if you make more than 10c an hour in the real world.

Musca (L) (114%) Armor Plating Mark.5A 1.03 15.54 14.00 24.00

so 15.54 dmg/pec, 14 average damage, 24 max damage

Pixie Armor Plating Mark.5A 1.55 14.51 7.55 17.00 10117.62

14.51 dmg/pec, 7.55 average damage, 17 max damage

So what are you paying markup for? Greater risk of death and effectively less dmg/pec. If you could get musca for less than 105% it could be ok, anything higher is actually less eco in terms of dmg/pec.

I hunt lots of argos and am similarly skilled. My armor costs are <2 ped for every 100 ped ammo burned so I don't really worry that the armor defense decay will affect it in one small run. Very easy to repair in the middle anyway.

Even pixie adjusted

Pixie Adjusted Armor Plating Mark.5A 2.06 12.95 3.27 10.00 10141.69

12.95 dmg/pec. Average damage 10. If you die in a dense spawn it can be a bitch to find the creature you were killing. If you don't all the ammo you pumped into it is wasted. So I would be willing to argue adj pixie is far better than musca, especially in an area that you get constantly mobbed in.

Calculations based on guardian maturity cause anything smaller should die before it gets more than a hit or two in. And if you're mobbed and don't feel like dying it's best to be over protected.

Last edited:
I'm on Arkadia so I get it for TT & since its a low lvl armor the crafters who make it just TT it which means you can buy it at TT on calypso also just don't buy from Auction simple. Only downside is he has to invest in some 5A's which I'm sure he could buy but doesn't need to. Don't forget that Adj Pixi is UL so its overall protection will lower with each hit & it's fairly low TT doesn't help either. I don't see any problem in him sticking with it, carry on.

Edit: Pixi Adj unplated is what he's using. DPP = 13.52 vs Adult Mat/ Avg dmg = 4.73 & Max dmg = 11. Musca L 100% + 5A DPP = 15.88 vs Adult Mat/ Avg dmg = 6.73 & Max dmg = 14.

~Mark~

Last edited:
I'm on Arkadia so I get it for TT & since its a low lvl armor the crafters who make it just TT it which means you can buy it at TT on calypso also just don't buy from Auction simple. Only downside is he has to invest in some 5A's which I'm sure he could buy but doesn't need to. Don't forget that Adj Pixi is UL so its overall protection will lower with each hit & it's fairly low TT doesn't help either. I don't see any problem in him sticking with it, carry on.

Edit: Pixi Adj unplated is what he's using. DPP = 13.52 vs Adult Mat/ Avg dmg = 4.73 & Max dmg = 11. Musca L 100% + 5A DPP = 15.88 vs Adult Mat/ Avg dmg = 6.73 & Max dmg = 14.

~Mark~

Ok, you get it for tt on a completely different planet. Want to factor in the actual cost for HIM? And I addressed the UL vs L issue.

Oh and if we're going to talk about adults -

Musca (L) (114%) Armor Plating Mark.5A 1.03 15.32 6.73 14.00 10096.73

Pixie (No plate) 0.82 14.60 10.50 18.00 9981.18

UNPLATED pixie is almost as good as musca + 5a. I'd rather tell a newb to stick with pixie than mess with a L set + plates + mu.

Sometimes it seems people on this forum intentionally spread mis/dis information.

uWok7.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqIDpD-2WO8qdGZic3U3c2dRWndKQ0tvR1hFU0Y0cWc

If you anyone can't see the sheet, let me know, sometimes the links are wonky...

Sometimes it seems people on this forum intentionally spread mis/dis information.
I beg your pardon? I'm no stranger to armor stats thank you prism & no I'm not spreading any misconceptions or misinformation. L armor which ever way you look at it is more eco or efficient. But you don't need to preach to me honestly I prefer UL armor, just that Musca is an exception in my books.

If you anyone can't see the sheet, let me know, sometimes the links are wonky...
Yeah thank you mrproper, last time it said I need to get permission to access the file :(.
It's fixed now thank goodness. Overall progress seems fine 90% RR achieved.

I beg your pardon? I'm no stranger to armor stats thank you prism & no I'm not spreading any misconceptions or misinformation. L armor which ever way you look at it is more eco or efficient. But you don't need to preach to me honestly I prefer UL armor, just that Musca is an exception in my books.

Honestly it seems like your intentions are good but there isn't much going on inside. And you are one of the most active posters here. Between you and magix I'm not sure who pushes more bad information.

Well the sensible person would use the setup I mentioned: Opalo tagger, p4a+a104 amp main weapon and opalo/knife finisher... I tried it, and it was so boring I actually feel a sleep during the hunt, seriously no kidding, I have the recording and will upload it, after like 20-30 min of hunting u will notice that I am slow to react and takes time to get next mob.

So I decided to do it my way, I know you all are knowledgeable and so, but I don't actually play for the peds, I play for fun, and while it might be more eco to tag one mob and kill it, it is more fun to just shoot the bastards and dun care to much about how many there are. Obviously I don't purposly pull more than one, but 2-3 mobs at once isn't that terrible. I believe that Tagging and bagging is more vital when hunting bigger mobs with more expensive armor used, I use Adjusted pixie without any plates, and my crazy Rambo style hunting costs me an average 5 ped in armor repair on 250 ped ammo, so not really much saving to be done, we are probably talking about 1 ped each round at best.

Anyways after the 500 ped round with blp and this last round with laser, I have decided that I'll stick with BLP after all, more fun tbh and better combinations of ranged and closeup weapons.

So from now on this will be my weapons of choice:

Longrange: CB19/CB13 (Preferably CB19 with the Beast amp on, but I won't by them for more than 105%, so if there are non available I'll buy a CB13 and use as a Tagger/finisher, CB13 goes for 102-103% atm)

Closerange: T5 (If I have no CB19, I'll use T5 with Beast amp and use the CB13 as finisher and tagger. CB13 does 26 in max damage and 53 attacks /min so its a good enough weapon to finish with)

Backup: Knife..whatever knife I am skilled enough to use (that isn't overkill)

I know people may go crazy over this setup and start counting the pecs I lose, but look at it this way, while Entropia is a real cash economy game, it is a game and I want to have fun with my peds, MA is gonna steal all my peds in the end anyway ;)

look at it this way, while Entropia is a real cash economy game, it is a game and I want to have fun with my peds

Too bad so many dont see it that way. If you micromanage every little thing the game becomes a job. +rep

-Bemo-

Round 9

Round 9:

Ammo: 250 PED
Repair/Decay: 135,94 PED
Total Cost: 385,94 PED

TT Value of loot: 385,50 PED
Value of loot with MU: 399,80 PED (Based on Daily MU of Iron Ingot)

TT Profit/Loss: -0,44 PED
Profit/Loss with MU: 13,86 PED
TT Return: 99,89%
Return with MU: 103,59%

Globals: 1
Globals Value: 55 PED
Globals Item/s: Aurora Foot Guards (F,L), Iron Stone

HoF Value: 0

Notable Loot: Iron Stone (TT value: 130,26 PED), Aurora Foot Guards (F,L)

Too bad so many dont see it that way. If you micromanage every little thing the game becomes a job. +rep

-Bemo-

Awww thanks, +rep right back at ya! (Fat Fóck Frank....crazy hunter...sucker for compliments ;))

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fat Fock Adam again." :rolleyes:. Thought I'd ask.
Notable Loot: Iron Stone (TT value: 130,26 PED), Aurora Foot Guards (F,L)
When have argonauts started looted Aurora parts? Don't remember looting any during my quests.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fat Fock Adam again." :rolleyes:. Thought I'd ask. When have argonauts started looted Aurora parts? Don't remember looting any during my quests.

What he said :scratch2:

-Bemo-

Will edit round 9 hunt video and post it tomorrow, and see for yourself.. =)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fat Fock Adam again." :rolleyes:. Thought I'd ask. When have argonauts started looted Aurora parts? Don't remember looting any during my quests.

Lol Mark I have the same message when trying to give u rep

Thought I'd ask. When have argonauts started looted Aurora parts? Don't remember looting any during my quests.

I used to get them occasionally, even a rare Hermes part too.

Good luck with the hunts Adam! :)

kämpa på Adam :wtg:

Round 10

Round 10:

Repair/Decay: 266,72 PED
Total Cost: 766,72 PED

TT Value of loot: 810,42 PED
Value of loot with MU: 851,00 PED (Based on Daily MU of Iron Ingot)

TT Profit/Loss: 43,70 PED
Profit/Loss with MU: 84,28 PED
TT Return: 99,89%
Return with MU: 103,59%

Globals Value: 0 PED

HoF Value: 0 PED

Notable Loot: Iron Stone (TT value: 369,59 PED), Aurora Helmet (M,L) (TT value: 37,05), NeoPsion 20 Mindforce Implant (TT value: 12,11)

secret message is secret. hello there! hmm 10 more runs and I begin to think about serious profitability on Argos, go go make some more smile.jpg

Thought these didn't drop anymore :scratch2:. Well done on Run though.

I dropped one off Traesk recently too. They've lost most of their markup recently, so I guess they've started dropping quite a lot.

Thought these didn't drop anymore :scratch2:. Well done on Run though.

Lol I was surprised myself, thought I had found one of those timeboxes that children put messages in and put in a hole =)

secret message is secret. hello there! hmm 10 more runs and I begin to think about serious profitability on Argos, go go make some more smile.jpg

Argos in my previous experience (based on iron mission) is a pretty stable mob, what it all comes down to is the markup of iron and at the moment I managed to sell roughly 1100 ped of iron ingot for 111%. So since I got a decent enough hunting economy I won't sell it for under 110% and simply wait for price to peak up above 110% if it goes down below it again that is.

I dropped one off Traesk recently too. They've lost most of their markup recently, so I guess they've started dropping quite a lot.

Not much of a markup on them as you say, were 3-4 on auc and they went for +2-4 ped

Video for round 9 and 10 will hopefully be up tonight or tomorrow, got some university studies to tend to, so might not be able to edit it today

Round 11:

Repair/Decay: 269,78 PED
Total Cost: 769,78 PED

TT Value of loot: 816,16 PED
Value of loot with MU: 842,23 PED (Based on Daily MU of Iron Ingot)

TT Profit/Loss: 46,38 PED
Profit/Loss with MU: 72,45 PED
TT Return: 106,03%
Return with MU: 109,41%

Globals Value: 0 PED

HoF Value: 0 PED

Notable Loot: Iron Stone (TT value: 225,51 PED)

Also new video is up round 9, sorry to say I didn't have time to finish editing 10, I'll post it tomorrow.

How did you made it that it only shows messages and not pops up loots? :rolleyes:

Back