Armor Changes....

I think the comment about rate of armour decay not being related to TT just means that the armor decays at a linear rate from max TT to broken, not that the TT of armor no longer counts when considering decay.

Just did an argo hunt in rascal, repair costs was 19 ped, same sort of hunmt pre VU was 8 ped. But, mobs are doing me less damage so I have less fapping time and decay.

Need to test if mobs are doing less damage when not wearing armor too. If armor is "absorbing" more damage then it makes sense that decay would be higher but how much more is another question.

schnups said:
Argo Young in Rascal

8 Hits with 1 damage

Decay:
Harness 9 PEC
Arms 13 PEC
Tighs 11 PEC
Face,gloves, shins no decay
sum: 33 PEC decay

so one hit by an argo young = 4 PEC decay on Rascal

good some real stats for those of us stuck at work.. anyone care to try the same thing with nemesis or jag?

means a ek2600 is now as eficcient as a rascal :eek:

Armor vs plates decay?

Does this mean that if your plates have electric protection, but your armor doesn't, only the plates will decay against mobs that do electric damage?? This is how it should be, I think. :wise:

kygon said:
good some real stats for those of us stuck at work.. anyone care to try the same thing with nemesis or jag?

anyone can try the same thing unarmoured? i think we don;t take in consideration the hitting rate.

Silver said:
I think the comment about rate of armour decay not being related to TT just means that the armor decays at a linear rate from max TT to broken, not that the TT of armor no longer counts when considering decay.

but "The armors TT value does not influence its decay rate" contradicts your comment

kygon said:
but "The armors TT value does not influence its decay rate" contradicts your comment

Before VU decay was proportional with protection offered by that armor.
Ex .. Rascal on Argo Y ... 1 dmg point at full TT ...x decay
3 dmg points at less TT .... y decay (less than x becouse it's protect u less)
This VU 1 dmg point at full TT ... x decay
3 dmg points at less TT .. x decay (same decay as at full TT = The armors TT value does not influence its decay rate)

Dmg protection depends on TT value of the armor (less dmg protection when armor is not repaired) but decay is the same either if your armor is fully repaired or not.

Morosanu' said:
Before VU decay was proportional with protection offered by that armor.
Ex .. Rascal on Argo Y ... 1 dmg point at full TT ...x decay
3 dmg points at less TT .... y decay (less than x becouse it's protect u less)
This VU 1 dmg point at full TT ... x decay
3 dmg points at less TT .. x decay (same decay as at full TT = The armors TT value does not influence its decay rate)

Dmg protection depends on TT value of the armor (less dmg protection when armor is not repaired) but decay is the same either if your armor is fully repaired or not.

hmm the content list is not too clear is it lol I was just at twin someone kindly ran out to test some Ghost to compare to Rascal :)

Yea it's not too clear..
I think i understand that decay rate and TT value right but this is another problem :
The amount of decay is based on attack type and the amount of damage dealt

Decay used to be based on amount of dmg ... but now depends on attack type too. This could mean that x armor protects u from impact at x decay cost and from stub at y decay cost. And if this is true we should test all armor on diff mob again

kygon said:

10 Hits on each armor from an Argo Young:

Total decay on Nemesis: .40

Helmet: .08
Harness: .14
Thighs: .05
Shins: .03
Gloves: None
Arms: .10

Total decay on Vigilante: .23

Helmet: .04
Harness: .07
Thighs: .02
Shins: .03
Gloves: None
Arms: .07

Total decay on Pixie: .29

Face Mask: .08
Harness: .06
Thighs: .06
Shins: None
Gloves: .06
Arms: .03

Last edited:
hmm so vigi is decaying less than pixie?

ok, i decided to startet to do some "scientific"-exploration on new armor-decay.

everyone who wants to dosame is really welcomed, cause so it´ll be much easier and the statistical error-rate will be decreased.

How i want to test:
At first we need one-type damage mobs.
The test will only work if mobs do still the same damage-type as before, and only the range of damage is changed.
To detect the exact damage we need mobs that would deal even in worst case more than 1dmg through the armor.
If a critical hit is done through a mob the complete testrun has to be dismissed.

It is also absolut necessary to detect if only the damage that is absorbed through a mob will decay the armor or the complete damage.

For rascal and impact damage i´ll berycled provider.
They do only impact and i hope they do even in worst cause more than 15 damage (protection of rascal)
For cut damage ill take sabakuma old (only 5 cut protection in rascal)

If i get 10 hits in row by one mob without any critcal hit i will repair my armor.

When you get for example 150 damage total and 100 absorbed and the repair cost will be 1 PED i can start math ;)

150damage/ 100 PEC would mean that i have to pay 1.5 PEC per damage
if only absorbed damage would lead to decay it would mean that i have to pay 1 PEC per Damage.

After that we have to clear how this would belong to durability:
So 1 Ped decay would also mean that my armor decayed 1.88% or 30.6 points in durability.

This should be enough to make new charts.

So any critics or infos to this test?

It will be difficult to determin decay rate now, becouse mobs have dmg interval too. So 10 hits means nothing now ...even 100 hits will make a poor avarage decay aproximation .
And will have to start with mobs that make just one type of dmg.

Supremacy should be the least decaying now with 5200 Durability(not that I belive for a second that it decays little).

I killed like ten cornundacauda mature and a bunch of snables in goblin armor and it decayed more then six PED (I would have expected at the most one and a half, maybe two PED before the VU)...

And snables make acid dmg so hunting them in Angel is quite useless :laugh:

Konve said:
And snables make acid dmg so hunting them in Angel is quite useless :laugh:

yeah but u don't need to remove your angel if a snable atacks you ... it will not decay your armour ...
so i don't yet understood how the new decay works ( i think all armours will decay more ) so probably we all gonna hunt w/o armours ( better if u think if u can get a surprise and die from a critical hit )

I was testing Angel and Rascal on Falx:

Before VU angel would decay 19 pec for 1 hit by falx on the harness. Now I take 30 pec decay on harness, 28 pec on helmet, 21 pec on thigh. Falx used to do 150 dmg and now do 148.9 to angel.

I tested with Rascal and each hit on harness and face was 4 pec. 161.9 dmg on rascal.

I also took 3 hits by a falx: 72, 68 and 72 and died. So seems like they do variable dmg amounts also :S

I am not keen on the new Angel decay. This is a fundemental change to PE and not due to a bug like axe1. This is not cool.

hmm... looks like my fap5 will be getting alot more of a workout now. *tosses armor into storage to accumulate dust*

:spam: :dunce:

Jove said:
I was testing Angel and Rascal on Falx:

Before VU angel would decay 19 pec for 1 hit by falx on the harness. Now I take 30 pec decay on harness, 28 pec on helmet, 21 pec on thigh. Falx used to do 150 dmg and now do 148.9 to angel.

I tested with Rascal and each hit on harness and face was 4 pec. 161.9 dmg on rascal.

I also took 3 hits by a falx: 72, 68 and 72 and died. So seems like they do variable dmg amounts also :S

I am not keen on the new Angel decay. This is a fundemental change to PE and not due to a bug like axe1. This is not cool.

I hope they have not screwed the decay on angel, kygon starts runing towards the sellout door faster than anyone can say "MA said they'd never change items stats..." :rolleyes: it seems that the only things left so nerf is the imk2's.....

but then again we have 'wood skills' :rolleyes: is MA telling us that hunting is a dying profession? that we should simply stop? who knows

..end of rant, end of post VU excitment .... loosing the faith VU by VU ...

I finally worked out a correct translation

Changes to armor system = MORE DECAY ON ALL TYPES AMOUR

Last edited:
Hmmmm if angel decays more now I will have to change my tactics and hunt without armor. I guess prices on the faps and skills will go up. I will have to make a test run today after work and see what kind of decay results I get on my set. The critical hit thing seems cool it will just make me rethink what I hunt and how I hunt. In a weird way it will keep me from jumping into groups of mobs and hunt/mine without armor more. I am not sure how these changes will affect me yet so I cannot say for sure what I will do. Although hunting in the space domes will be different now. hmmmmm :dunno:

kygon said:
kygon starts runing towards the sellout door faster than anyone can say "MA said they'd never change items stats..." :rolleyes: it seems that the only things left so nerf is the imk2's.....

And the high end, adj/imp/mod- FastAidPacks :wise:

*sigh* :rolleyes:

Konve said:
And the high end, adj/imp/mod- FastAidPacks :wise:

*sigh* :rolleyes:

shhhhhh dont let the 7.8 VU update secrets out "we have corrected the decay on previously economic *cough* I mean bugged FAP items" :rolleyes:

...I'm gonna become a carpenter lol

I jsut tested salamander decay on warrior4. I took 1 hit and had 28 pec decay on arms. As I figure the decay may be more on harness etc.

So I do some mental math:

Tank warrior4 with mk5 and take 4 hits wearing salamander. That is 1 ped decay on armor. It did 10.3 damage but they used to do 20 on 6A Sala :S.

It seems to be cheaper to actually wear rascal with 12 burn protection and take 70 dmg, use fap90/ek2600 and mk5. I would come out cheaper in armor decay + fap decay. Maybe hold onto that rascal a little longer.

On another note: Since mob damage is varied now, it seems like ubers with 200+ HP and mod fap can hunt uber mobs without armor. Falx do 200 max and with mod fap they can hunt naked. My soc m8 is hunting them now and said after 300 ped ammo on mod merc one finally critical hit him for 370. He has 240 HP.

We were gonna test on some spiders but he can kill them naked becasue they dont do max dmg. Now he is off hunting and not testing... I am glad someone is enjoying :p We need some serious testing in a coordinated way.

omg :eek:
my bro is running mad looking for jaguar now :laugh:
and the pixie decay is really terrible now so non depositing noobs will rip their hair off :D
Well but its good news for the ubers :silly2:

wrong figures must have forgotten to repair rascal be4 hunt...

still decay on argos/drones with rascal seemed higher...

Last edited:
Manhunt said:
omg :eek:
my bro is running mad looking for jaguar now :laugh:
and the pixie decay is really terrible now so non depositing noobs will rip their hair off :D
Well but its good news for the ubers :silly2:

LOL im so glad Im not online right now to witness the buying and selling of armours. :D pixie/goblin/rascal out the door.

Angel/suprem/shadow here we come.

(edit)oh darn it i had a set of goblin in storage >.<

Last edited:
I did a quick test (before leaving work) my boar theoretically should be better than rascal , on a 10 hit buli test it was worse, only about 0.4 ped more decay BUT it feels like rascal has become much worse rather than Boar getting better, my advice dont go buying or selling any armour until more stats are in.

Im still very interested to see some stats on JAG post VU

my rascal didnt decay much on a 300 ped ammo run on small trox. strange

Moser said:
my rascal didnt decay much on a 300 ped ammo run on small trox. strange

That's because they can't hit you with your high evade skills :p

Maconu said:
That's because they can't hit you with your high evade skills :p
hehe they did hit. seems to me something is bugged here. rascal of a friend barely decayed on 700 ped ammo ambu. something fishy is goin on..

I always liked jaguar but every1 said it stinks :girl:
And now theres no jaguar on the market and soon its tt+ will be close to shadow or something like that :(

Back