armor decay V protection values V other items

Should the TT and decay of any Unlimited item change its effectiveness

• Total voters

FunkyFishy

Dominant
funkyfishy bangfap lootswirlie
hey id like to ask why it is that only UL armor when not at full repaird gives lower protection as it decays, and to why things like UL weapons and amps dont give lower damage as they decay , finders dont find at full depth as they decay , extractors dont extract full % as they decay and faps dont give lower heals as they decay ,

to me this is a big concern and unfair ,, make the system the same for everything , to me an item should do what it says it will do and not have a changing rate at what it does it for because its tt value changes untill at a time when its at its lowest TT value and cannot be used untill repaird

Last edited:
hey id like to ask why it is that only UL armor when not at full repaird gives lower protection as it decays, and to why things like UL weapons and amps dont give lower damage as they decay , finders dont find at full depth as they decay , extractors dont extract full % as they decay and faps dont give lower heals as they decay ,

to me this is a big concern and unfair ,, make the system the same for everything , to me an item should do what it says it will do and not have a changing rate at what it does it for because its tt value changes untill at a time when its at its lowest TT value and cannot be used untill repaird

I agree. The benefit of owning an UL armor should be the same as owning an UL version of a gun or fap. You get the same item but it is repairable..

for those voting yes they should affect the item and its affectivness please post here and tell us why it should as to why L items shouldnt also id like to see people adding there opinions to why all ul items shouldnt be the same as armor

I agree this is very unfair.
A guy that buys a Supremacy L for 2k, after 30 minutes of hunt has more protection that the guy that spent 90K on his UL set!

back in the day....

we never had to worry about L stuff :( good ol' PE

Why things like UL weapons and amps dont give lower damage as they decay , finders dont find at full depth as they decay , extractors dont extract full % as they decay and faps dont give lower heals as they decay ,

Really Fishy, really?

why things like UL weapons and amps dont give lower damage as they decay , finders dont find at full depth as they decay , extractors dont extract full % as they decay and faps dont give lower heals as they decay

When it happens, we'll know who to blame :D

ummm no thank you.

When it happens, we'll know who to blame :D

well if it happens MA will find that alot of there devoted members be leaving the game as all ul stuff be worthless
i for one dont want it to go that way i think all items should be equal and not loose effectivness becausse its decayed part of its tt

The economy of the armor isn't adversely affected by the decreasing protection. It's actually increased because armor has higher protection / pec with lower protection levels. If e.g. UL weapons did less damage when not at full condition, you'd either have to make them use proportionately less ammo and take less decay (which makes no sense at all) or it would indeed be a REALLY unbalanced system compared to UL armor, which again doesn't lose economy when it decays.

They recently changed the old 50% minimum condition on items that are (for example) 7k ped TT when full. (Emik T10 = 7724 full TT)

You really want a system where those weapons now have to be not just 55%, but always kept at 100% in order to be worth it?

This is NOT a good idea. :(

The economy of the armor isn't adversely affected by the decreasing protection. It's actually increased because armor has higher protection / pec with lower protection levels. If e.g. UL weapons did less damage when not at full condition, you'd either have to make them use proportionately less ammo and take less decay (which makes no sense at all) or it would indeed be a REALLY unbalanced system compared to UL armor, which again doesn't lose economy when it decays.

this is where your wrong david ,, the armour decays at the same rate meaning as it decays the protection decreases so in actual fact it cost you more the lower the tt becomes as its efficency is greatly reduced costing more in fapping and reviving from deaths incurred by this and a few other means , so as per your statment of weapons needing to use less ammo as they gave less damgage is incorrect as its cost would remain the same but u have to shoot more to get the same effectivness get my meaning ?

They recently changed the old 50% minimum condition on items that are (for example) 7k ped TT when full. (Emik T10 = 7724 full TT)

You really want a system where those weapons now have to be not just 55%, but always kept at 100% in order to be worth it?

This is NOT a good idea. :(

this is exactly my piont john ,,, they have lowered the usable tt on UL L items why is armor different to any other item tho they have recently put across that they are making this game more eco for all players by reducing that but yet armor is still set differently then any other item we can use , my exact piont is that all items weather L ,UL or a UL version of L should be Uniform across the board meaning in short armor should not change its protection values as it decays and remain the same untill it hits the 3 % of its tt where it stops being effective instantly and needs to be repaired .

armor different to any other item tho ...

Because as armor decays, it may protect less, but it also takes less decay each successive hit.

This would mean that guns/amps/etc would have to decay less with each use as well.

Suddenly guaranteed TT profit would be ubers blasting away puny/small mobs with mostly decayed IMK.IIs.

Game over.

in short armor should not change its protection values as it decays and remain the same untill it hits the 3 % of its tt where it stops being effective instantly and needs to be repaired .

this seems opposite of the sentiment of your OP

this seems opposite of the sentiment of your OP

not really the sentiment of my origanal op was why is armor different from weapons faps and other usable UL items in this way and to why its not all uniform

Because as armor decays, it may protect less, but it also takes less decay each successive hit.

This would mean that guns/amps/etc would have to decay less with each use as well.

Suddenly guaranteed TT profit would be ubers blasting away puny/small mobs with mostly decayed IMK.IIs.

Game over.

how does it decay less as the tt drops ???? it decays the same with every hit taken there is no change

No that's not right.
The formula is here: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=Armor+Decay#_The_decay_formula

Basically, the decay on UL armor is a function of the damage absorbed.
So, as the damage absorbed on UL armor becomes less as the TT of the armor goes down, the decay also goes down.

thanks for the info Serica i stand corrected ,,, how ever i think id rather the items decay at the same rate but continued to offer the same lvl of protection untill it has reached its decay limit

thanks for the info Serica i stand corrected ,,, how ever i think id rather the items decay at the same rate but continued to offer the same lvl of protection untill it has reached its decay limit

That would reduce the usefulness of limited armor while not really making a big positive difference in the world of portable repair terminals.

how ever i think id rather the items decay at the same rate but continued to offer the same lvl of protection untill it has reached its decay limit

So, you want an ML-35 to cost 0.1955/shot whether it's 100% or 5% repaired, but the damage to go from max 81 per shot down to 4?

Wow, and you think loot sucks with today's eco? :eyecrazy:

So, you want an ML-35 to cost 0.1955/shot whether it's 100% or 5% repaired, but the damage to go from max 81 per shot down to 4?

Wow, and you think loot sucks with today's eco? :eyecrazy:

no quite the opposite john and your missing my piont i would rather all items do what they said they should do untill there broken then repair not the other way around ,,,, i jsut dont see why armor is different froma fap tool or anything else for that matter it should all work the same .......

That would reduce the usefulness of limited armor while not really making a big positive difference in the world of portable repair terminals.

if thats the case it would give back the meaning of having skills instead of noobs useing uber L shit to do the same hunts i can with good gear and skills , when i started ther was stuff all L meaning you couldnt hunt hogglo arenatrox or dasp unless u were in a team or had a fapper helping you and even then it was a hard slog , and it cant reduce the usefullness of L armor it would remain as it is today

hey id like to ask why it is that only UL armor when not at full repaird gives lower protection as it decays, and to why things like UL weapons and amps dont give lower damage as they decay , finders dont find at full depth as they decay , extractors dont extract full % as they decay and faps dont give lower heals as they decay

your opening paragraph is confusing as to your intention

no quite the opposite john and your missing my piont i would rather all items do what they said they should do untill there broken then repair not the other way around

:confused: How is that different from what they are now?

Please give an example. Say an ML-35.

The max dmg is 81 and cost 0.1955 when 100% repaired.

What should the dmg and decay be when it's, say 5%?

your opening paragraph is confusing as to your intention

whats so hard to understand ?? im asking why is it that only armor changes its effectivenes when all other tools faps and weapons dont ,,,,

:confused: How is that different from what they are now?

Please give an example. Say an ML-35.

The max dmg is 81 and cost 0.1955 when 100% repaired.

What should the dmg and decay be when it's, say 5%?

omg man go back and read the origanal post ,,, im asking why armour changes its effectivenss and all other items like tools weapons and faps dont as they decay

hey id like to ask why it is that only UL armor when not at full repaird gives lower protection as it decays, and to why things like UL weapons and amps dont give lower damage as they decay , finders dont find at full depth as they decay , extractors dont extract full % as they decay and faps dont give lower heals as they decay

it REALLY sounds like you want all UL to have 'effectiveness decay'

Back