Armor durability and decay

Dmatrix

Stalker
Society
Crimson Devils
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
I am trying to understand how to value a piece of armor looking at its durability and max TT value. If i was to compare 2 pieces of armor with the same protection and the same durability, but one had much higher TT value than the other. My question is does the higher TT value piece of armor decay more than the Armor with low TT value if they both have the same durability.

For example armor with max TT value of 50 and durability of 5000 vs armor with max TT value of 200 and durability of 5000. Does the armor with 50ped value decay less than the armor with 200ped value, or do they decay the same if they both have 5000 durability? And if thats the case is that what makes an armor like Angel more valuable vs armors that have high TT values. Thanks for any help!

For example armor with max TT value of 50 and durability of 5000 vs armor with max TT value of 200 and durability of 5000. Does the armor with 50ped value decay less than the armor with 200ped value, or do they decay the same if they both have 5000 durability? And if thats the case is that what makes an armor like Angel more valuable vs armors that have high TT values. Thanks for any help!

Max TT on armor does not affect decay. The reason Angel is so expensive is part defence - it does offer quite high defence and armors of that category are rare - and part past prices as people bought the sets at inflated prices and do not want to lose money on their bets.

Max TT on armor does not affect decay.(...)

This is not directly true...
Do not forget the fact that unlimited armor with not full TT value protect less and less.

So armor with 100ped TT and 3000 durability and armor with 1000ped TT and 3000 durability at first hit will decay exactly the same.
But..
with every next hit first armor will be protecting less = decaying slower than second armor (but also giving less protection).

This is important if you consider the "mininum decay value" which is based on total protection points (at least it used to be - many things have changed and this may be out of date). So first armor will reach this border sooner and from that point it will decay static value even though it will be protecting less and less. So armors with biger TT value are more safe for longer hunts in this case.

Falagor
:bandit:

Thanks guys, that cleared some stuff up for me!

Back