Armor series?

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Below is a list of how different armor series are composed (UL armors only, at least for now). If you know something that I do not, please tell me ;) and sry if something seems strange, as English is not my first language :D

Also, anyone have any suggestions on what MA should put as names on the next installation in any of the series? ;) or can come up with a new series? :)

EDIT: Should perhaps explain that the reason for this thread is to give MA/FPC some inspiration on names for new armors, because we don't want the old companies to just kinda die out, right? :D
Because the series names are cool :)
/END EDIT

Thanks Rayne Jade for helping me with the undead series thing :)

So we have the series (red are those I am uncertain of):
Animal series:
Bear
Boar
Jaguar
Tiger

Knight
Paladin

Fantasy named:
Pixie
Gnome

Goblin
Gremlin
Kobold

Undead series:
Vampire
Zombie
Ghost
Phantom
Ghoul
Spectre
Lich
Necromancer

We have the ones ingame companies have copied from eachother:
Original:
Shadow
Copy:
Angel

Original:
Dragon
Copy:
Warrior

We have the ones with names that fit together that I don't know if it is just coincidence, or supposed to be series:
Asian-related:
Shogun
Samurai

"Barbarian" related:
Berserker
Viking

"Protection" related:
Guardian
BodyGuard
Sentinel (?)
Vindicator (?)

Fighter related:
Trooper
Warrior

Time-related:
Chronicle
Eon

Explorer related:
Pathfinder
Expedition
Explorer
Settler (?)
Pioneer (?)

Vigilante (?)
Vindicator (?)
Hunter (?)

Nemesis
Renegade

Space-related:
Aurora
Polaris
Solis
Luna

And other that I am not sure how to place:
Salamander
Thunderbird
Supremacy
Vain
Valiant
Rascal
Paradox

Last edited:
Reserved for suggestions :D

Suggested (non-existant) armors shown in green.

My suggestions for expanding current series:
Pixie
Gnome

Goblin
Gremlin
Kobold
Fairy
Ogre
Elf
Imp
Hobgoblin (same as goblin but a bit stronger or something?)
Nymph

Vampire
Zombie
Ghost
Phantom
Ghoul
Spectre
Lich
Necromancer
Werewolf (Rayne Jade suggests Lycan instead)
Revenant
Wraith
Mummy

Trooper
Warrior
Fighter
Soldier
Combatant

Also, for the animal series (Boar, Bear, Jaguar, Tiger) they could add an armor called Elephant, which would be VERY strong, especially against stab, cut, impact, penetration... :D

And my suggestions for new series (defence against elemental damage mainly?):
Mage
Magican
Witch
Warlock
Sorcerer
Wizard
Enchanter
Magus
Shaman

Last edited:
hunter 9 9 4.5 9 9

vigi 14 14 7 14 14

that fits pretty good as a family

shogun 10 10 10 5 10
nemi 15 15 15 7.5 15
angel 30 30 30 15 15

those fit well together aswell, though angel lost 15 burn somewhere down
the family tree, =\

Arf

that fits pretty good as a family

those fit well together aswell, though angel lost 15 burn somewhere down
the family tree, =\

I mean more like with names and such :D heh

Also, some armors are fit into series already by MA :)

JohnCapital just made a thread about this same thing too. :laugh:

I think that kobold goes firmly in the family of pixie, gnome, goblin, gremlin because a kobold is a little demi-human in similar fantasy settings. They are kind of like little dog-men in D&D.

Whether you look at it in terms of raw numbers or by the names of them, it's clear that there are some relations between different armors.

I wonder if it has anything to do with how the system assigns them to loot or a progression for choosing appropriate mobs...

Nice ideas here. Elf armor :laugh:

ahh, ok..

then hunter and vigilante are really close since vigilante hunt bad guys, and
hunters hunt.

so that could still apply, but could be debatable

Arf

JohnCapital just made a thread about this same thing too.

no, his thread is more about armor STAT pair ups? right? :) I have been thinking about doing this for a long time so it is just coincidence that it happened at the same time :laugh:

Nice ideas here. Elf armor :laugh:

Imagine the fear inflicted in someone being attacked by a guy in fairy armor then! :eek:

b-u-m-p! :D

no one have any ideas? :silly2:

JohnCapital just made a thread about this same thing too. :laugh:...

True. :D But as Nighthawk mentioned, while my thread grouped by protection, as MaxArfPower hints at:

hunter 9 9 4.5 9 9

vigi 14 14 7 14 14

that fits pretty good as a family...

Nighthawk is talking specifically about the names.

Question: Doesn't Salamander fit in with the animal series? Why leave it out? Hunter can be combined with Vigilante, and other "warrior" names.

Question: Doesn't Salamander fit in with the animal series? Why leave it out? Hunter can be combined with Vigilante, and other "warrior" names.

While I agree that Salamander would fit well with the animal series, it is not OFFICIALLY part of that series (according to Entropedia).

Info for Salamander on Entropedia:
This armor is created using an active thermo-deflecting alloy and heat-resistant padding, which gives it exceptionally good protection against heat and fire.

Info for the four animal series armors:
An old research project called "Animal Series Project" resulted in a fine line of effective and well used armors. Based on semi alloyed plates, the series are an efficient protection against both robots and common animals.

Goblin
Gremlin

are these 2 the same?

and pixie goblin gnome and hunter should be grouped as in impact.

thought we were doin stats lol

i think knight is 2 kolbold

VU 5.4 - 17 DEC 2003
More Armor
Almost a dozen new armor sets added, including the new “Undead”-series.

If this sort of series is what you mean, I would call these armors the undead series:

Vampire
Zombie
Ghost
Phantom
Ghoul
Spectre
Lich
Necromancer

Since they were introduced at once, they are all crafted. If another would be added, I would vote for "Lycan" instead of werewolf.

VU 5.4 - 17 DEC 2003
More Armor
Almost a dozen new armor sets added, including the new “Undead”-series.

If this sort of series is what you mean, I would call these armors the undead series:

Vampire
Zombie
Ghost
Phantom
Ghoul
Spectre
Lich
Necromancer

To be fair, i would not call a Necromancer an actual undead entity... They sort of creates them but are not one of them... but i guess that the have some connection ;)

Nice list you got there. :)

Nemesis
Renegade

Sounds like an ok fit to me (a nemesis is nomrally your 'evil' rival and rengade is kinda evil :D)

Also, for the animal series (Boar, Bear, Jaguar, Tiger) they could add an armor called Elephant, which would be VERY strong, especially against stab, cut, impact, penetration... :D

Would we look like a Boorum while wearing it? ;)

i think knight is 2 kolbold

why?

a kobold is a myth fairytale creature, just like goblins, gnomes and pixies :) so that would fit better IMO :)

How cool would be Arch-angel set! :eek: Would be white, but somewhat different design that of normal angel set, and the whiteness could be more of an shining white...

Or another set similar but "evil" twin set, "inquisitor-set"... :dunno:

Animal series:

Jag
Tiger
Boar
Bear

Elemental (not officially named this but it fits) series:

Thunderbird
Salamander
Viking

Gladiator (not officially named this but it fits) series IMO would be these:

Hermes
Rutuba
Spartacus
Chronicle

The older series of looted armors IMO should be broken down into who manufactured the armor or designed the BP to have it manufactured. Just a few examples listed below.

M&J - Angel and Nemsis armor
MarCorp - Eon Armor
Sollomate - Hunter, Shadow, Supremacy
K'Ger - Guardian,Knight, and Paladin
Dura Tekk - Settler

The new Armor series seem to have descriptions based on usage of the armor instead of manufacturers here are just a few examples:

Infiltrator: The Infiltrator armor set was designed for night time operations.

Orca: The Orca armor set was designed for best camouflage in aquatic environments.

Polaris: The Polaris armor set was designed to offer the best camouflage in arctic environments.

Sema and Solir: The Sema armor set offers best protection when hunting or in combat with other colonists.

Predator: The Predator armor set was designed to offer the best camouflage in jungle environments.

We also have contest and give away series of armors like:

Protector of the Empire: The Protector of the Empire armor suit is a rare honorary armor awarded by the Empire to valiant heroes in times of war. With its distinctive look and great protection, this prestigious armor is a coveted item for any warrior. Very few suits have ever made it to Calypso, and haven't been awarded to anyone since the battle of Yadayat in the Baltran system.

Carramone: This unique set of armor was awarded to General
Carramone for service on the Frontier above and beyond the call of
duty, at the Battle of Zychion.

This family heirloom is one of three sets, and the only one known to survive today.

The other two sets, issued to the General's children, have been lost.

Kraster: The Orb whispers to you through the helmet. The voices creep into your mind. They are the voice of Lady Kraster, the many aspects of her and her aspirations to power; to channel the power through the orb to help Lord Kraster uniting mankind and mutantkind under one banner, and then......make that banner hers.

Pathfinder: (could not find a description was awarded to those who helped with the convention booth I think)

This is just the way I break down the armor sets into specific series where we have the information about them. Mindark could do some add-ins on the missing descriptions of other armors to help classify everything.

Gladiator (not officially named this but it fits) series IMO would be these:

Hermes
Rutuba
Spartacus
Chronicle

IMO the names "Chronicle", "Eon" and "Paradox" fit together because they all have something to do with time :)

Definition of Paradox :confused:

I think your statement is a paradox.

lol ok nm :rolleyes: english really isn't my first language ya know :D but they DO have "Time paradoxes" in Star Trek so I should be credited with being partially right :laugh:

also, added this to the front page:
Space-related:
Aurora
Polaris
Solis
Luna

My Grouping

Animal Class
Bear
Boar
Jaguar
Tiger
Salamander

Figher Class
Berserker
BodyGuard
Guardian
Knight
Paladin
Samurai
Shogun
Valiant
Trooper
Warrior

Undead Class
Ghost
Ghoul
Phantom
Vampire
Zombie

Adventurer Class
Expedition
Explorer
Hunter
Pioneer
Settler
Viking

Time Class
Chronicle
Eon
Paradox

Fantasy Class
Gnome
Goblin
Gremlin
Kobold
Pixie

Anti-Hero Class
Rascal
Renegade
Vigilante
Vindicator

Mythology Class
Angel
Dragon
Nemesis
Shadow
Thunderbird

Not Grouped
Supremacy
Vain
Sentinel

Needs a bit of work.

Last edited:
bump up :D I think this is an interesting topic :)

omg me n jeffe was talking about this in SOC chat about a month ago lmao :scratch2:

and BTW Sentinel goes in the Figher Class

Vain is something with no real significance, value or importance aka Powerless

Supremacy shows significance, power or importance

erm cant think of the word to put these two under :scratch2:

Asian-related:
Shogun
Samurai

Shogun armour is also not under Asian related is related to your Fighter list aswell as in Shogun Warrior

Last edited:
OMG you are so naive. All those are armor's name present in other games.;)

I would like to see a "Grouse" - armour...decorated with feathers in the "animal-series"... :)

Back