Asteriod walk

humanwoman

Old Alpha
If you never been to Asteroid after CE overhaul - it's definitely worth seeing. Biodomes are very nicely designed, especially those with the thick fog, mining in foggy areas is actually fun, at least for a change. Also the rooms with storage terminals are worth mentioning with their Mad Max rusty designs.

All in all everything looks good... just a little bit claustrophobic, so after some time you really feel like a gulp of fresh air.. or fresh vacuum for that matter.

A small stroll just outside a biodome already feels a lot better:

The never setting sun beckons you to go further and you should follow:

The terrain is pretty rugged with a few mountain ranges ruining across it, as expected from an asteroid.
A race dome and control rooms look pretty cool from outside:

The Edge of the World:

But the most spectacular sight is of course biodomes, a small isle of cherished life surrounded by dark dead plains:

On the other hand, the plains are not exactly dead, but to see that one need to get much closer to it.
What can be a better hands on experience than a jeep ride:

Some strange moss, lichen and small purple hairy glands that start moving when you pass by... you don't really want to know what they feed on...

Outside walls of biodomes:

Minutes are passing quickly and it's already the time to crawl back into the metal bowels of the Space Station...

... until next time?

Wow, I didn't know you could get that close! I thought you died on the surface?

If you go out of the vehicle you will die on the surface... with a text message saying
"You have entered space without protection and died instantly."

Which makes me think that we gonna have spacesuits for outdoor mining on asteroids in Space.

If you go out of the vehicle you will die on the surface... with a text message saying

Which makes me think that we gonna have spacesuits for outdoor mining on asteroids in Space.

You got that message before vu10 aswell

Everybody wish this to happen,

but will it happen is another story i think....

Cool pics anyway :)

Excellent work as usual!

very nice pictures. I come and take a look!

Oh, we can use vehicles there! don't knowing that.:cool:

Here is an old picture I have of this place:

If I recall right, the apartment buldings were almost invisible from outside - all you could see was the room where the TP was.
Control room I didn't see a trace of.

Back