ATH Kill Spree

Yikes, I wouldnt dare do this today, I heard there was a dangerous grasshopper roaming pvp 4 who has warned us all :laugh:

g-damn bump! here i thought neo had some sort of ATH kill spree on the new island like the akoz ATH killing after the boat. akoz got 260+ and this one is only 99. so i was like why are crowing? then i see the date. why'd this get brought up again?

Where's the necro smiley?

Do it again neo!

Congratulations :yay:

Keep it up :wtg:

You deserve it :)

Claire

g-damn bump! here i thought neo had some sort of ATH kill spree on the new island like the akoz ATH killing after the boat. akoz got 260+ and this one is only 99. so i was like why are crowing? then i see the date. why'd this get brought up again?

This PK spree was the same day Akoz got his :)

Main difference was I was running around naked most of the time, while Akoz was quietly killing noobs with his axe and avoiding any people who could ruin his streak (like Mercury, me, Skalman, etc.) by running into the green safe zone area. I didn't realize he was on such a big spree, or would have certainly taken him out. :D

Main difference was I was running around naked most of the time, while Akoz was quietly killing noobs with his axe and avoiding any people who could ruin his streak (like Mercury, me, Skalman, etc.) by running into the green safe zone area. I didn't realize he was on such a big spree, or would have certainly taken him out. :D

While some of that is true it gives a bit of an unfair impression from the parts I witnessed. Akoz only had vigi and his streak was only ended because he accepted a challenge from Star that he knew he would probably lose. As for killing noobs... how else do you get a streak that big ;)

As for killing noobs... how else do you get a streak that big ;)

Good point, everywhere I go that is pvp it always just a subset of the same group of Pk loving players. Even if you had the axe and killed every one of these players you'd still only be somewhere between 40-80 kills.

Maybe people don't realise kills are counted in avatars, not in actual kills.

Wasn't he at the New Oxford ship fragging players in a not so common armor for him (angel) while displaying the name "Power"?

While some of that is true it gives a bit of an unfair impression from the parts I witnessed. Akoz only had vigi and his streak was only ended because he accepted a challenge from Star that he knew he would probably lose. As for killing noobs... how else do you get a streak that big ;)

I challenged him many times as well when we both were on very long streaks, and he declined.

Also, I dueled Star 3 times right around the same time you mention, and kept my streak alive.

I guess my point (if I had one) was that he got his streak in a very "sneaky" manner (nothing wrong with that), I just wish I had noticed the odd behavior sooner and intervened. It would have made the day a bit more exciting ;)

Ah well, was pretty fun that day anyway. In fact the new PVP area is somewhat reminiscent of the vibe.

Wasn't he at the New Oxford ship fragging players in a not so common armor for him (angel) while displaying the name "Power"?

He was wearing his usual Vigilante (which btw in pvp is exactly the same as Angel) and sometimes was even without it.

Regarding the fact that he was avoiding risky confrontation, this is most likely true and to be honest I believe it's the only way you can get a 200+ kill spree these days. Especially with Eon armored, modfapped, 300+ HP avatars out there :( . However I saw him picking up fights with good players on fair terms, and at times he was constantly under attack by multiple avatars.

I think the most amazing feat was however that he was able to stay on for 8 hours without CTDing or being disconnected :)

Now back on topic, as this thread is for Neo's own ATH. Uber gratz for that, as I told you yesterday evening I will take revenge in 10-20 years ;)

Take care,
BB

I think the most amazing feat was however that he was able to stay on for 8 hours without CTDing or being disconnected :)

Take care,
BB

This was the problem for me as well, since we had the very annoying "sliding bug" during this VU, which normally required a relog every 60-90 mins. I think I went about 6 hours, and 4 or 5 sliding bugs, before giving up and staging the kill with Stryker in PVP3.

Pvp

You heard it here first, neomaven is the #1 pK now. I'm not going into details, but I got assraped by the terminator 4-0 yesterday. I think I could kill him about 20% of the time and 40% on a very good day, but I can say honestly that 1 vs. 1 no one will win in a 10 round match with him now. Too many hp, equipment, and he's not so bad at aiming either :) . When we fight, I equate it to Ali vs Foreman. I'm fast and nimble trying to take chunks out of him and he just delivers knockout punches. I won't give in quite yet, but I say he'd get ATH #1 even if he dueled skalman, me, and angel (individually ofc). I have no idea what would happen on level playing field, but it isn't a level playing field so for now he's the man (HATE TO SAY IT!).

I'm not going into details, but I got assraped by the terminator 4-0 yesterday.

With the new pvp dynamics it is much easier then before to hit from far away. In this respect the Terminator is now the ultimate weapon for pking, there's very little chance to survive within its range: I had a couple of encounters with it (and its proud owner as well :) ) yesterday and I was dead in no time. 4-5 hits in 6 secs, each for 50+ damage, are more then enough for me as well as for many other players I guess. Star, were you wearing Sentinel during the fight?

Only hope would be to crit him from far away with a Tango, PSG or Firestorm, or to sneak close to him with the Axe. Anything else would be useless. :(

Take care,
BB

In this respect the Terminator is now the ultimate weapon for pking

What was the ultimate PK weapon before the new VU?

I agree that the new dynamics improve the effectiveness of the Term at longer ranges, but then again, I found it easier to hit people from far away in previous VUs than up close anyway.

The new PVP dynamics seem more 'natural' now, allowing you to lead an opponent who is running perpendicular or in a circle. It was very annoying last VU that it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to hit someone from the side, no matter your avatar skills, mouse skills, HA or whatever.

PVP is back with a vengeance, and a nice new playground to boot ;)

I just hope this means that LG is coming soon... :vampire:

With the new pvp dynamics it is much easier then before to hit from far away. In this respect the Terminator is now the ultimate weapon for pking, there's very little chance to survive within its range: I had a couple of encounters with it (and its proud owner as well :) ) yesterday and I was dead in no time. 4-5 hits in 6 secs, each for 50+ damage, are more then enough for me as well as for many other players I guess. Star, were you wearing Sentinel during the fight?

Only hope would be to crit him from far away with a Tango, PSG or Firestorm, or to sneak close to him with the Axe. Anything else would be useless. :(

Take care,
BB

Star was wearing Sentinel for some duels today, and Full EON+6A for the 4 yesterday.

Just for fun:

Max Critical Hit possible by the Terminator+Dante vs. various armor setups:

Shadow+6A: 246

Supremacy+6A: 239

Eon+6A: 237

Sentinel+6A: 209.5

Yes you're right, but as you mention in the past few VUs hitting was so difficult that you had a good chance to close in on a Terminator-equipped opponent (i.e. you) in reasonable health conditions. And at close range many weapons are comparable to Terminator (Axe, Purifier, DOAs or even the relatively inexpensive X5) in terms of damage.

Now you can more easily kill us noobs from far away, before we can use the short range/high damsec weapons. Or ,if we manage to survive and close in, we're already so desperatly fapping that we become much easier preys (especially those of us who are not modfap equipped, but I guess even modfap doesn't help much in this scenario).

BB

I agree that the new dynamics improve the effectiveness of the Term at longer ranges, but then again, I found it easier to hit people from far away in previous VUs than up close anyway.

The new PVP dynamics seem more 'natural' now, allowing you to lead an opponent who is running perpendicular or in a circle. It was very annoying last VU that it was virtually IMPOSSIBLE to hit someone from the side, no matter your avatar skills, mouse skills, HA or whatever.

PVP is back with a vengeance, and a nice new playground to boot ;)

I just hope this means that LG is coming soon... :vampire:

i killed various people who where running/jumping a long time back (vu 8.x) and quit easely aswell. however that might have to do with the fact that i rarely lag when humans around.

also, i have had times of staying around for 12-24 hours back when you could stay online forever if you wanted too....(6.4-7.x)

He was wearing his usual Vigilante (which btw in pvp is exactly the same as Angel) and sometimes was even without it.

This is a common misconception. Most BLP guns do a fair bit of Impact damage, allowing Angel to protect a fair bit more than Vigi in quite a few cases.

I hope pe-wiki is correct for the following, since I'm too lazy to do the calcs myself at the moment. The following is max dam with a few popular pk weapons.

Foeripper+Evil: 98 v Angel+6A and 105 v Vigi+6A (+7 protection)
Imp DOA+Evil: 101 v Angel+6A and 108 v Vigi+6A (+7 protection)
Swine+Evil: 118 v Angel+6A and 127 v Vigi+6A (+9 protection)
Terminator+Evil: 119 v Angel+6A and 134 v Vigi+6A (+15 protection)

This is a common misconception. Most BLP guns do a fair bit of Impact damage, allowing Angel to protect a fair bit more than Vigi in quite a few cases.

Yes, my fault. 'Exactly' is not the right word, though in practice the difference would be fairly small on a target with 250 HP and modfap :)

BB

Armor

I was wearing sentinel for the next day when battle ensued, I was however not wearing 6a's, but rather 8a's for hunting. Not sure how it would go in 6a, but in the end, I'm sure similar outcome. Maybe a bit better chance, but not sure.

Back