ATI Card owners, any problems in V10??

Chris Enzo

Old Alpha
As the title says, how is ATI cards working in the new VU?
My Nvidia card don't work, so I might buy ATI if that is better.

I have a ATI and it works nicelly
I saw a thread somewhere saying that there were probs with GeForce's

256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO I just have a black screen for login. All drivers up to date. Can hear music though :D

A friend of mine has some issues with Radeon Xpress 1250

My Nvidia 8800GT is "OK"

LAGG is imense...

It's all about the pixel shader... and most low level cards don't have it. The myth that we can play this if we could play 9.4 is proven false already. I knew it would happen, was a standing problem with CE2 already, but I'm fucking amazed that they didn't tell us.

ati radeon x800 GTO - i can get in and walk around but all avatars/buildings look like ghosts and there is tremendous lag, i've set every graphics setting to low and logged out... about to try again

Radeon X1600Pro
Core clock @ 500 MHz, 256MB RAM @ 405 MHz, AGP interface.

I can login and Tussi is visible in the avatar recreation screen.

Tussi has aged some decades, else it looks ok (except the shadows no difference for which i would have put any € onto the table for though).

BUT: The Interface is totally unuseable since there is ~3 seconds lag between any input and a reaction to it.

So i logged out.

Please someone send me a mail as soon as MA figured out something which enables me to set detail level to low so i hopefully have control in the meaning of the word.

Thanks,

Tussi

PS: a hint on how to access graphics settings while in the avatar recreation phase would also help... havn't found a way.

I have this exact same problem....

256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO I just have a black screen for login. All drivers up to date. Can hear music though :D

Intel Quad Core
Windows Vista
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon 2400 XT

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION???????

i had a couple crashes but it seems to run ok. not that impressed so far but i am planning on getting a new rig in the future so it will probs be ok by then.

besides its clear ma have some more work to be done.

it does seem funny how the nvidia cards are having worse problems tho.

Bla :mad: running NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, 8ggb of ram, dual core intel cpu and everything looks like plain old shit, avatar is black or looks like a ghost depending how i change the press O graphics settings, the rest of the world honestly looks a bit crappy too. No combination of any options, settings changes anything, ooh yeah i get a completely blue world if i run highest settings, but thats about as exciting as it gets. Drivers are installed 2 days ago so that is not the pb. But...:yay: i can see the control panel, chat etc...

Your computer meets the system requirements listed above :scratch2:

Interesting way to recreate my avatar.....

ATI Radeon X1950 - crash/reboot

Im using an ATI Radeon X1950.

I see login screen - then the PC crashes.

I installed latest directX and card driver (Windows XP).

That 10.0 is kinda crap so far....

Buck.

X1950Pro 256meg PCIe. Can get ingame and move around a little but lag is insane. Graphics suck but more importantly it crashes evey few minutes. Not sure if it is vid card related or not as the crash message doesn't say anything specific.

Catalyst 9.3.

DirectX 9.0c as that is all the card supports as does WinXP.

I have a HD4850 coming. Hope it helps...

Last edited:
Have Intel quad core, 4gbram and ATI 4850. Entropia runs great on max details.

i have 2gb ram ATI radion x1650 512mb (AGP Card)and it seems to run ok on medium.

Same card, no problems logging in, though. Tried low and medium settings, a bit laggy - and uber ugly.

EDIT: Chose windowed mode from the beginning.

ATI Radeon 3850, works like a charm. :)

I have the Same problem, NVidia 8500
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core 2.20ghz
4gig ram
32bit operations system,

PLEASE someone tell me how to fix it lol i'm dieing to get on,

As the title says, how is ATI cards working in the new VU?
My Nvidia card don't work, so I might buy ATI if that is better.

x1600 256ram, runs ok at medium with no graphic glitches, starts to suck on high/very high

OK, managed to get something done by selecting window mode in client launcher options - at least i had something worth the name framerate so i could recreate tussi (since the options are not available in avatar reconstruction screen).

Tussi

PS: didn't help though since the performance is a sick joke.

Last edited:
Using Radeon X1950 Pro 512Mb appears to be running fine with XP and 9.3 catalyst.

Did have problems seeing avatar in the creation screen. Checked the connection speed in the options screen on the clientloader and found it had defaulted to 128kbit. Increased option speed and all was fine.

Had crahes but not sure if releated to game/connection/graphics ... too early to say

Typhoon

Tested on two setups, with ATI 3870X2 and ATI 2900XT, both run very smoothly on high settings:)

ATI HD3850 - no problems

Tried two pcs now, one with a Nvidia 8800 GTX and the other with a Nvidia 9600 GT and both are crashing as much as eachother even on Low settings

Back