ATI HD 3870 good enough??

Mooncazz

Provider
Society
Delta Force Elite
Kiara Moon Kindred
Hi guys
As the title asks, Is the ati hd 3870 (512) ( seems a fairly uncommon card !!)gonna be able to run EU until i can get a better card??
Thanx

I'm running fine on medium (shading on high) with hd3850, so you should be ok. (Not to mention that main bottleneck in my system is actually cpu, which is old p4 at 3ghz)

Crowded areas could be problematic though, but as long as you stay away from twin peaks and such, it will be ok.

:)

a bit old, but it will do fine I think, unless the rest of the system is even older that that videocard :d

I managed to run EU (VU10) on my backup crusty 2004-ish comp with 500mb ram, so anything better than that should run fine (and you don't have to comprosmise on textures, just lighting,shading). My current setup is from 2007(hd3450), and runs relatively well, gets a bit laggy in crowded areas, and has an issue with resetting the gpu on bloom effects sometimes but aside from that runs pretty darn well.

you can do it with much older cards/Onboard cards with safe mode, if you call that playing is up to you

so it depends

hi guys
thanx for the info - I WAS in the process of building an old P IV pc around my old AGP hd 3850 while saving up for a new computer but i have managed to get a nice quad core (Q6600) with 4 gb ram, which i think is very good for EU and it comes WITH an HD 3870 so i was hoping this will do fine until i save soime pennies for a nice 4870 :)
thanx

hi guys
thanx for the info - I WAS in the process of building an old P IV pc around my old AGP hd 3850 while saving up for a new computer but i have managed to get a nice quad core (Q6600) with 4 gb ram, which i think is very good for EU and it comes WITH an HD 3870 so i was hoping this will do fine until i save soime pennies for a nice 4870 :)
thanx

Guess what, I'm running a Q6600 which I built 2 years ago, and originally had a 3850 512meg in it - ran medium fine.

Upgraded last year to a 4870 and now play on high.

Keep saving those pennies, the upgrade is worth it. :)

................:)

keep saving cos the view gets better..........

Back