Attempt of scam

Serica,

Just a suggestion...but would it be possible to remove just the names involved but keep the chat log intact so people know how the scam was done? (Unless it was too much work to edit that is...)

Better to be alerted to the methods than the names I suppose.

Thanks.

Serica,

Just a suggestion...but would it be possible to remove just the names involved but keep the chat log intact so people know how the scam was done? (Unless it was too much work to edit that is...)

Better to be alerted to the methods than the names I suppose.

Thanks.

/mod note/

I think you're mistakenly conflating the issue of privacy (ie not posting private communications) with that of 'naming-and-shaming' (ie not posting the names of scammers).

Being alerted to the method of a scam doesn't require posting of the text of the private conversation.

There is nothing to prevent the 'victim' from giving a full description of the transaction that occurred - and indeed, I'd encourage them to do so, as changes to the game can unfortunately provide the potential for new methods to arise, and for old ones to come back into vogue.

Pm name plz. Thanks!

/mod note/

I think you're mistakenly conflating the issue of privacy (ie not posting private communications) with that of 'naming-and-shaming' (ie not posting the names of scammers).

Being alerted to the method of a scam doesn't require posting of the text of the private conversation.

There is nothing to prevent the 'victim' from giving a full description of the transaction that occurred - and indeed, I'd encourage them to do so, as changes to the game can unfortunately provide the potential for new methods to arise, and for old ones to come back into vogue.

Hahaha...my bad...my bad.

Just for your record,

Our sensitivity to privacy and what's considered private or not are different I guess. Hence the mistake. (Didn't think it would matter much to reveal the chat logs and thought you were enforcing the naming thingy only.)

In my society, if something's meant to be private, it will at least have to be established beforehand.

Privacy of what is communicated lies with the speaker apparently. As in...whatever that you've said out is typically deemed to be "public". Hence only say what you allow people to make use of against you.

Last edited:
Back