Attention - Non Approved PED Transfers

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
19 Aug 2008

The purchase of PED outside official Mindark approved channels is a high risk venture, that - in some cases - may lead to a permanent ban from the Entropia Universe.

Please note that PED offered via other websites often originate from fraud. If you purchase PED this way and your account is identified as an end-receiver of fraud associated PED, you will be treated as complicit in the fraud and your account will be banned.

We therefore highly recommend you DO NOT use any non-approved channels for PED transfers. For participants without credit cards, there are several other safe and guaranteed options available to transfer funds into the Entropia Universe (see the Deposit section of our website). The "cost" for using non-approved channels can turn out to be extremely high if your account is permanently banned. Please note that this is for your own protection!

Originally Posted Here

PayPal would be nice.

Bones

yeah they are correct.
and imagine.. they could make a hack attempt on you aswell.

listen to the creators/managers of the game..
and keep it fun.

Hey for once, good advice :D

Well it is for your own good.

If you are to buy money that is later to be found being fraudulent, you can lose the money -and get banned.

Of course MindArk need to look after themself aswell, they cant have black money circulating. That wouldnt be good for any of us, either.

I would love list of chanel aloed by MA...
I mean , there is a deposit page , fine...
But anshe chung , and her bank things , is she alowed ?
Who else can sell me ped , and be diferent than the deposit system ?

Ahh, the egg....

Oh, wasn't that the topic?
I thought i heard the word "fraud"...

I still dont understand how you would obtain peds that way. Like you pay on a site and you get the ped later from a person ingame? If it would be transferred to you ingame account through that fraud site, then they would know your account information wouldnt they?

But what if you obtain ped from a person in trade, for selling an item and without knowing it turns out that he had "bad-ped" do you still get banned?

I still dont understand how you would obtain peds that way. Like you pay on a site and you get the ped later from a person ingame? If it would be transferred to you ingame account through that fraud site, then they would know your account information wouldnt they?

But what if you obtain ped from a person in trade, for selling an item and without knowing it turns out that he had "bad-ped" do you still get banned?

Doesnt have to be through websites,

Before it was 'outlawed' there used to be alot of people selling peds over paypal and such via the forums (was while entropiaforum was still quite young tho, so not much history of it here). Buying and Selling peds threads were common.
Problem was of course you never knew if the money they payed for the peds with, was stolen or not. Or if the peds were obtained by using for example stolen creditcards (then later, you get the peds, MA have gotten a call from a bank somewhere, and there you are - locked and pedless.)

How exactly the website system works Im not quite sure. I assume that Anshe bank system somehow delivers peds via a avatar they can trade. Never tried (never will).

There have been innocent third parts who have been locked for periods of time because they have been in contact with 'bad ped' as you put it. But investigation often clears them.

Theory & Mechanics..

There's not only official, MA channel
to get some PED for RL cash, but let's
see, how works other convertion schemes:

(u can't get more, than 10 PED for 1 USD (10:1)
without a crime. The only option to lower transfer
costs would be 2 find a sure way make it cheaper)

IGXE.com:
Some :money: carders :whip: gets hold of n CC from
theft, trojans, phishing, etc. activities and creates
a site, "providing ingame money from developers",

without explicitly naming that particular game. Then,
posting of threads for "selling PED's cheaply" begins
in various EU-related forums & sites. Some of users

(ahh.. it's so natural :ahh:) are realy interested in such
a generous offer :yay: 5k PED for 345 bucks only.. :deal:
then clicks on "purchase" link, makes their order & gets

a smart trojan :censored: via site's Flash banners.. after it,
part of noobs gets their PED's ingame from <random>
named avatar in crappy OJ's in PA and in this case,

both of parties are satisfied, but each in it's own way -
noob got his/her PED (even involuntarily involving him/her
in a fraudulent scheme, because those PED for sure was

from stolen money). Now IGXE got a new account details
and complete (in case of weak security software) control
of computer as well.. without a MA's GC protection, now

access to ingame inventory & skills is widely open.. Had
U anything of value here? :naughty: and if it's so, then why IGXE
can't be sooo generous? :loco: Must I tell % of Uber items..?

P.S.: if U haven't done it yet, then time 2 get your own GC

Last edited:

IGXE.com:

I dont think those "cheap ped sellers" are after your account, they want quick cash for their stolen money so offer ped cheaper than the fixed 1:10 dollar price. Ok they lose a bit more than what they could have gotten, but they at least get it sooner that way.

IGXE.com:

That must have taken an hour to write. Excellent use of smilies.

IGXE.com:

Wow I must compare your use of smilies and colors towards a 5 year old drawing a sun on a piece of paper.

Gosh ive heard of people accualy making profit this way. Buying for 7 peds and getting 10 back... 33% profit from every ped you got.

The Risk/Reward is on 1:3 now thats really high

19 Aug 2008

The purchase of PED outside official Mindark approved channels is a high risk venture, that - in some cases - may lead to a permanent ban from the Entropia Universe.

Please note that PED offered via other websites often originate from fraud. If you purchase PED this way and your account is identified as an end-receiver of fraud associated PED, you will be treated as complicit in the fraud and your account will be banned.

Originally Posted Here

:scratch2::scratch2:
What would happen if you were to sell an uber item for a lot of ped, and that ped happen to be "fraudulent"? Would you still be banned for making a trade?

What about MLM sites like MetaRL? The case is somewhat similar there, you are getting paid from a stranger and not from MA. Is that kind of activity is approved by MA or not? :confused:

:scratch2::scratch2:
What would happen if you were to sell an uber item for a lot of ped, and that ped happen to be "fraudulent"? Would you still be banned for making a trade?

1. Bertha doesnt mention anything about this in her statement just that buying peds from other websites is reason for ban.

2. If MA can prove you knew it was fraudulent peds then yes its reason for ban. Like if the other avetar says he got this money somehow that wasn't allowed.

3. MA cant ban you for making a trade where you get fraudulent peds if you didn't know it was fraudulent.

What about MLM sites like MetaRL? The case is somewhat similar there, you are getting paid from a stranger and not from MA. Is that kind of activity is approved by MA or not? :confused:

To add MA can when they bust a avatar that comes from one of theese paysites where you pay on the site and get peds ingame that are not approved by MA, they will check what trades this avatar has done and with who. If they see this person has given 10 000 to one avatar 50 000 to another also if they read chat log on whats said (often you have to give up some sort of passphrase etc to theese paysite avatars). Your pretty much screwed, MA should be able to check it months if not years back in time so thoose who have used this services are not in any "safe heven" even if it goes a couple of months.

Im not saying MA is doing anything with it atm or if they will I'm just saying what they can do.

Lets say i want to sell 1000 PED to my friend. I give the PED to him in a private trade and recive real life cash directly from my friend. Ofc lets assume that I don't have illegal PEDs.

Is this allowed?:scratch2:

EDIT:would i get banned?

19 Aug 2008

We therefore highly recommend you DO NOT use any non-approved channels for PED transfers. For participants without credit cards, there are several other safe and guaranteed options available to transfer funds into the Entropia Universe (see the Deposit section of our website). The "cost" for using non-approved channels can turn out to be extremely high if your account is permanently banned. Please note that this is for your own protection!

Originally Posted Here

Umm, is it ok or not? I was under the impression that you can not sell anything in game outside of the game for RCC. I dont know if this person is defrauding me, thats why its fraud.

A sugestion to you MA. GET PROACTIVE. Go to the site order some ped, get it in game and watch all the av's transactions, once you have abunch of ppl involed in it, move in and shut'em down perm-bans please.

Lets say i want to sell 1000 PED to my friend. I give the PED to him in a private trade and recive real life cash directly from my friend. Ofc lets assume that I don't have illegal PEDs.

And whos gonna check that?

When MA uses couple of days to fix a bug that takes really 10 minuts to fix you think theyve gonna run after you with a gun in their hand...

Cant prove anything here can they? Can only prove you gave 1000 peds to a friend as a gift.

Sorry to say your Not that important yet :silly2:

Put it into this Methaphor, could you get fine for peeing in public when no one sees you?

If your PEDs came from an illegal method you'll both be banned, For example, if your 1000 peds came from a fraudulent credit card, you will both be banned. Then your friend can file a support case and MA will open an investigation, but that could take weeks. Normally, everyone who had contact with the fraudster will be temporarily banned and then an investigation begins to determine who will be unlocked.

If your PEDs came from an illegal method you'll both be banned, For example, if your 1000 peds came from a fraudulent credit card, you will both be banned. Then your friend can file a support case and MA will open an investigation, but that could take weeks. Normally, everyone who had contact with the fraudster will be temporarily banned and then an investigation begins to determine who will be unlocked.

If anyone, normal is that you can just send in your ID and they unban you while they "investigate". To be said, murder investigations with unknown suspect takes shorter time to end in court in Sweden than what MA uses to "investigate" fraudsters...

i remeber there beeing a case of this avatar called "sexy lady for you" that got banned cus of this.
lost the eon it had and peeps had lend uber stuff to the avvi too.

so yeh you risk alot buying potentialy stolen ped

yeah, its important MA lock all the accounts quickly so it doesn't spread to far and the least number of people are effected ect.

when it comes down to things like this MA are very quick and efficient at the task in hand.

I still dont understand why MA would ban you for that, they are not the ones robbed. You just buy PED waht already are ingame but potentionally they are stolen from other persons with CC fraud. The only person harmed by it is the one whos CC was used and he lost the money.

Perhaps MA need to refund the money to the owner of the CC but then why should the receiver of fraudulent ped be banned, they should find out who depositted the ped with that CC so that person is banned.

This makes person to person trade more dangerous, so we should all only use auction.

That brings me to another subject:
If the person with fraudulent ped buys something on auction, are you still in danger of being banned while you dont even know who bought it, and that it were fraud-ped....

All the ped ingame are equal, I dont even understand how they can track the ped, they dont have serial numbers like real money.
They are just bought with stolen money but the ped ingame are just ped ingame that represent a value, and if it is traded the person whol sells something gives items with the value. Its just a number.

Last edited:
Back