ATTN - Calypso Official needed at Camp Icarus now!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Calypso team, the NPC for the Enigma event at Camp Icarus is swamped by 50 odd players and pets, the NPC is not visible to anyone. Please login and provide some order to this event.

Cheers
Bjorn

It was visible to me all right. And after the servers went down it loaded even before other avatars.

It was visible to me all right. And after the servers went down it loaded even before other avatars.

i nipped in and grabbed the mission fairly quickly, just used the select target method to get the status bar

but you should note, ive seen someone luring the cornacaudas away to a different area near camp phoenix. so it might slow you down finding them

i nipped in and grabbed the mission fairly quickly, just used the select target method to get the status bar

That didn't help me at the start of the event unfortunately. Came to Icarus at 9:55, spammed next target like crazy, no Karona, not even "?". Then she finally appeared at 10:07 :)

As for cornundacaudas, they are everywhere for kilometers east from Phoenix, just teleport east and you are deep in them.

I found turning down graphics settings from Very High to Medium on Avatar Quality & Objects Quality within Options / Advanced increased the speed in which Karona appears.

Of course, you could turn all graphics temporarily whilst at Camp Icarus, but I didn't need to do that.

works for me

however, balanced over multiple servers would help so much
we have many events like mayhem and all, where it is done with multiple servers

However there is 2 kinds of lag:
- server lag
- client lag

Client lag is due to the need of rendering 100's of avatars and their movements. So be sure it is not on your side first!

Last edited:
Once again incompetence raises from the developers. They know a single server can't handle a lot of concurrent players, we know this since years ago they decided to put only one entrance for mayhem event.

But, again, they put only one NPC for everyone and only in one location. This has nothing to do with being quick, the server is barely alive.

I got there for my 2/8 mission. I talked to her, no response for ~5 minutes and then I got disconnected. When I logged back in I saw the "server is down, join a new one" message... and spawned god knows where alongside 50 other people.

It's just a disgusting experience.

This is a total mess, and it was so predictable... :cheer:

I sent a support case to MA few weeks ago, told them to add the mission on mission terminals, for peoples to be able to get it from anywhere.
But as always they don't listen to players...

I came at Icarus 10 minutes before the start of this "silly race", for the NPC to load.
Started to click it at 09.59.59 for every seconds, then it took about 45 seconds for the mission logs to appears...

Coming for second stage, the NPC didn't want to give the mission... wait... click... wait... wtf, relog, and oh miracle it works again.
I've heard alot of peoples had to relog in order to be able to get the next stages, or even for the counter to works during the task.
Some peoples droped alot of probes, didn't get the fragment, relog, and instantly got it.

I don't even talk about all the crashes around... I crashed many times myself, and see all peoples in my FL logout/login so much times.

And what about the funny message "please logout as soon as possible"... They set a race and then ask peoples to logout... :lam:

Even if I would want to create a mess like this on purpose, I could not do better... Gratz. :tiphat:

works for me

however, balanced over multiple servers would help so much
we have many events like mayhem and all, where it is done with multiple servers

However there is 2 kinds of lag:
- server lag
- client lag

Client lag is due to the need of rendering 100's of avatars and their movements. So be sure it is not on your side first!

sure the client doesn't cause server crashes you mean?

This is a total mess, and it was so predictable... :cheer:

A post I made in 2006 in regards to the land grab and lag:

I can't believe you people still buy into all MA's hype. Did you really believe that they could do this without lag? What have they done in the past to give you evidence that they have the ability to run this type of event.​

Calypso team, the NPC for the Enigma event at Camp Icarus is swamped by 50 odd players and pets, the NPC is not visible to anyone. Please login and provide some order to this event.

And adding one more avatar to the 50+ already there will fix it exactly how? :scratch2:

I'm not on Caly atm but in the first two stages next target worked fine. (make sure your hands are empty)

And adding one more avatar to the 50+ already there will fix it exactly how? :scratch2:

I'm not on Caly atm but in the first two stages next target worked fine. (make sure your hands are empty)

it does still work, but its far busier now so takes a little more searching for her. the server crashing is a pain tho

Back