Question: Attributes

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Does attributes go up faster using high damage weapons than small dmg weapons the same way skills does?

Does attributes go up faster using high damage weapons than small dmg weapons the same way skills does?

Yes, economy of scale effects skill rate naturally.

Attributes still have a % contribution in the makeup of profession level in what is produced to skill the attribute by the weapon/tool/recipe/challenge of choice.

Yes, economy of scale effects skill rate naturally.

Attributes still have a % contribution in the makeup of profession level in what is produced to skill the attribute by the weapon/tool/recipe/challenge of choice.

It does add to prof. standing, but have anyone actually tested that attributes increase faster with higher damage weapons?

well on higher level there is really no way to tell the difference

it feels for myself that there is no difference

only way to tell is to test with a new avatar on very low level i guess..

well on higher level there is really no way to tell the difference

it feels for myself that there is no difference

only way to tell is to test with a new avatar on very low level i guess..

Aye agreed, they move sooooo slow at the higher levels.

Hi Akoz,

Not that I am aware of as far as rate of gain vs economy of scale.

Certain weapons do add to attribute gain faster though such as fists & whips for agility over firearms as one example.

Maybe chipping a newcomer up to using the smacker 3 vs the TT fist on another newcomer avatar would be a sufficient test.

Time vs gain.

ie. Different PED burned per hour, both for a set period of time vs gain.

Certain weapons do add to attribute gain faster though such as fists & whips for agility over firearms as one example.
That's because you gain agility when hit as well as when attacking. Therefor melee fighting can give more agility.

That's because you gain agility when hit as well as when attacking. Therefor melee fighting can give more agility.

Agreed - Agility is a bad attribute to setup for a controlled test.

You could also do the test with STR using those fists.
Or a TT sword or knife vs a higher one.

Yeah.. I thought of thought some1 had tested this ages ago though. It's quite a basic thing.

Id say quite impossible to test...
Sure you can see how many Agility gain messages you get, but they might not always be worth the same.

Im pretty sure tho that its only about dmg/sec.. same as skillgains.

Sidenote:
97.7-98.6 agility ~2000 globals

:D

...to 1st look, without algorithm math, seem it; i compare Katsuchi H with Killian sw

in 5 midfull repair session of Katsuchi longsword attrib rise-up to stars...

Id say quite impossible to test...
Sure you can see how many Agility gain messages you get, but they might not always be worth the same.

Im pretty sure tho that its only about dmg/sec.. same as skillgains.

Sidenote:
97.7-98.6 agility ~2000 globals

:D

Outdated info, i heard you screaming about you hitting 100 agi ! :p

If it was N_hits, all those people using powerfist would be uber by now.

Wastelanders have 2k attributes. This may be so they can use all those fancy weapons without actually having to get skill added to their avatars, or at least, not add as much.

I've never noticed a difference other than when using SIB versus non-SIB weapons. Otherwise the skill gains appear to be about the same. I've switched around between several different weapons as well.

I'd been p5a hunting on Allo for ages and changed to HL14 on Proteron and my Agility went up much faster.

I'd been p5a hunting on Allo for ages and changed to HL14 on Proteron and my Agility went up much faster.

That is because Hl14 is a much bigger weapon. All of your skills will go up faster like this :)

That answer was the entire point of the OP, no?

I think not.

I think the question is whether using a high DMG weapon gives faster attributes than using a low dmg one. not which one has more dmg/sec.

Imagen if you had a gun with 20 dmg that had 0.1 seconds reload. That would be 200 dmg/sec. Very low damage but high dps.
And then another weapon with 150 dmg but 1 second reload.
Thats 150/sec.

Which one gives the most attributes?
Could ofcourse be the one with very high dmg...
But id definately say the one with 10 dmg but fast reload.

Answer is most definately yes - attributes go up faster with high damage (high decay weapons) did the test with the kisf and evil compared with maddox and beast, and the skill gain and attribute gain is superb with the kisf , did 2kped ammo on both (2kped ammo is one whole kisf btw) , and 5.5 runs with the maddox, also tried 2kped with svempa X1 , and svempa XT (with dante and evil)

Based on maddox + beast as a base (2k ammo on all) and same mob

With Evil amp on XT (level 73) you get like ~14% more skills and ~8% more attributes

With Evil amp and Bl1600 (level 78) you get like ~18% more skills and ~10% more attributes

With a Kisf and evil (Level 81 not maxed yet) you get like ~20% more Skills and ~12% more attributes

With a X1 and evil you get like ~10% more skills and ~6% more attributes

Whack a dante on each weapon and you get ~6% less skills and around 2% less attributes.

so the ultimate skill gun is kisf and evil
(~163% MU) even XT (~121% MU) and evil is very potent in skill gain as well. Bl1600 at (159%~ MU) is still in the game but ofc with the kisf and bl1600 are hard to get.

I know for sure that is the case.

My experience comes from Merry Mayhem.
2009 Merry Mayhem i was using XT(L)'s with Evil amp and gained 0.4 agility in a week while in normal hunting this takes me 2 to 3 month or so using an imp ep-21 + A105.
The rest of my skills grew in a similar manner.

Basically the growth on average is the percentage it contributes to the professions used in that case. I would presume with the same amount of decay i would get approximately the same amount of skills either on a high DPS or a low DPS weapon. But high DPS weapons will have more decay (real decay and used ammo together) in the same amount of time as a low DPS weapon. (I think economy plays only a minor part in this) So if you want fast skill growth high DPS is the way to go. The question is will your wallet like that. Although in the case of Akoz that is not an issue. He can craft a few Dante amps for that ;)

Cheers
Siam

It does add to prof. standing, but have anyone actually tested that attributes increase faster with higher damage weapons?

It work that way with faps.
I see that on maxed faps ( no sib ). Fap 5 or TT one 1 pec on click vs big ones from 12 to 17 pec per click - do diferrence of amount of gain ( once you are lucky to get that sporadic skill message)
Maybe with weapons too.

I dont get almost any skill with agressio or crusho.
So even if i didnt tessted TT value gain - with biger is better if not for other then for better frequency of skill messages.

If you dont get skill and need several mobs to kill to see one skill message you start to think about to find another game.
Because for some proffesiions higher damage weapon do not exist ( melee and MF )

But oh what some of you are wrong :p

You say that it matters how much DECAY the weapon has.

Well then, explain to me how imk2 is one of the best skilling weapons around when it has almost NO decay? ;)

Im using a weapon with 260 dmg right now but very slow reload.. skills arent going that fast.

Dmg/sec is all that matters.

But oh what some of you are wrong :p

You say that it matters how much DECAY the weapon has.

Well then, explain to me how imk2 is one of the best skilling weapons around when it has almost NO decay? ;)

Im using a weapon with 260 dmg right now but very slow reload.. skills arent going that fast.

Dmg/sec is all that matters.

USE TO BE - NOT ANYMORE ! - Thats old news , Ask Skullseige how slow skilling is compared to other weapons - he owns an imk2

also you must be using support weapon with that dmg - so skill merps then your skills will shoot up lol

USE TO BE - NOT ANYMORE ! - Thats old news , Ask Skullseige how slow skilling is compared to other weapons - he owns an imk2

also you must be using support weapon with that dmg - so skill merps then your skills will shoot up lol

Nah I dont agree.

I am skilling on merps, skills arent moving faster than it would with using a similar dmg/sec weapon... a little bit faster yes, but that is cause I get so many killbonuses.

I think not.

I think the question is whether using a high DMG weapon gives faster attributes than using a low dmg one. not which one has more dmg/sec.

Then the question rises, what is 'faster'? Faster in time, or faster in ped cycled? I would guess Akoz means faster in time.

Bit offtopic, but some time ago i tried testing how mobs avg damage has affect on evade gains you get, but i got stuck as i got so little skillgains when doing base run on small mobs. But i got the feeling, that small dmg = less evade skill gains (Less number of gains, and less bar movement per gain)

Back