Suggestion: Auction house

ProActive Mango

Stalker
The current auction house is preventing poor ppl to craft in this game. Sence ppl dont list small amounts for cheap markup on the auction house leads to ppl who want to craft have to buy big stacks of materials in order to craft small amount of gear and too much ped gets tied up into materials.
If you want the economy of the game to flourish let ppl place smaller amount on auctionhouse for cheaper fee... the auctionhouse fee is killing the crafting potential of 99,5% of the player base cuz none wants to have so much ped stuck into materials or simply cant cuz they dont have the peds for it.

EITHER you change th fee system of the auction house or you change how the crafting works so ppl with smaller wallets can craft in this game aswell.....please, for the love of the economy of this game.

Selling small overpriced stacks funds my bad decisions. I like it this way. Every profession needs bankroll to become more profitable.
Anyway when I want smaller stacks at low markup I buy at caly trade pretty easily, as long as you advertise current lowest auction price.

@Katie Chalmers not every can have big stacks of cash and if you want a vibrant universe thsi should not be needed. Game should allow players of dirrent amounts of peds to craft.

My suggestion would be in a new thread....

I think that players should have to aim for some things - and there should be ladders that don't reach right down to the ground.
This is why, for example, players wanting to craft are often advised to wait a while, or at least train themselves to get BPC unlocked, which can be done faster via repairing on motherships, for example.

I like that Mango has offered two sides to approach from - either change the AH fees or change crafting to some extent. I'd like to see both changed, tbh, although I am long past needing to patiently and painfully stack what I don't need and then sell it in a larger quantity that a starter crafter has a liquidity problem buying (if the mats list for a bp is long).

MA could easily introduce a different fee structure for the trickier materials, as they already have that for CLD sales, that uses a different equation.
Please consider dropping the fee to 10 pecs on some mats and more basic item drops that most people simply tt, MA.

not every can have big stacks of cash and if you want a vibrant universe thsi should not be needed. Game should allow players of dirrent amounts of peds to craft.

My suggestion would be in a new thread....

People who can't have at least the ability to 'invest' and spend a 5-6 digit amount of US Dollars pr month, are not welcome to play Entropia. Go play something else you poor fuck this game isnt for you, clearly.. Imagine suggestion something to allow a more diverse playerbase to enjoy the game without spending a metric fucktonne lmao. Get rich to enjoy the game if not stop crying and enjoy your mini pec counting activities... poor trash players.... yikes!

/S

However it is not that bad BUT definately could see some changes, in general the auctionhouse fee, is about as lucrative as a credit card loans return interest fee tends to be irl... I personally try to just avoid the auction house at all and any cost regardless of big or small amounts with how backwards it feels.

People who can't have at least the ability to 'invest' and spend a 5-6 digit amount of US Dollars pr month, are not welcome to play Entropia. Go play something else you poor fuck this game isnt for you, clearly.. Imagine suggestion something to allow a more diverse playerbase to enjoy the game without spending a metric fucktonne lmao. Get rich to enjoy the game if not stop crying and enjoy your mini pec counting activities... poor trash players.... yikes!

/S

However it is not that bad BUT definately could see some changes, in general the auctionhouse fee, is about as lucrative as a credit card loans return interest fee tends to be irl... I personally try to just avoid the auction house at all and any cost regardless of big or small amounts with how backwards it feels.
I agree, todays auction house fees are like a SMS loan in sweden...

It is how it is tbh. Just avoid the massively overpriced stacks and it's their loss if it doesn't sell. Iv seen it so many times on cald and mag. Most likely reason why ma introduced the ep prints people jacking up prices and other unorthodox methods.

People who can't have at least the ability to 'invest' and spend a 5-6 digit amount of US Dollars pr month, are not welcome to play Entropia. Go play something else you poor fuck this game isnt for you, clearly..

This!

No, not really...

Like shops the AH has min tax this so MA get paid. If people don't want use AH there is Player to player trades.

The auction is already filled with garbage, your idea will make it way worse, and when those players enter into competition with each other prices are going to drop even more.

Besides, who are they going to sell to? When you're looking for a small amount of basic comps you can craft that quickly yourself. If it's a large amount you'll just buy a large cheaper stack, or craft it yourself.

And what are they going to craft with to begin with and what for? Have you seen the MU on basic comps and what it takes to make them? I'm sorry but it looks like you're pushing an idea without actually understanding the basics.

The auction fee house sucks, especially for new players. When someone start the game, he deposits maybe 100-500ped. With that and some low lvl gun, he cant use the auction at all. It would maybe take him a week or so to build stack of something that he can actually sell on the auction (maybe). Not to mention, that a lot of low lvl stuff just end up in tt, because its just not worth to put on auction with the fee. I have a lot of stuff in storage, mostly some extractors, paints, components and other trash. They all have markup, but I dont think I will be able make a stack that is worth to actually put it on auction, so they will rot there forever. I am sure this does not matter at all to people who cycle 1000s ped daily, but to low-mid lvl players this is game breaking. Instead of playing the game for a day and then putting stuff you crafted, mined or looted to auction, you spend entire next day trying to sell your stuff to other player for few hours or you just put it to tt, because the result is probably almost same or even better than putting your few items on auction.

The crafting ladder can be approached in a number of ways. I started crafting by keeping basic loot materials such as oils. I literally crafted simple 1 plastic springs for a year. Then I moved onto conductors and ruds. Then I moved onto simple 2 and simple 3 items. By this point I had started mining and I used the ores and enmatters in crafting as well. Eventually I was able to start making plates. These days if I do need to be an item i cant loot or mine, I generally buy from the AH but in larger amounts. This was my approach. If you want to get into crafting - craft the loot you would usually TT

I think the issue is not just about crafting, but also hunting and mining. If you mine on lower lvl with like 100-200ped budget, unless you get hof, you will get 30-50 ped of some random 2-6 materials. Selling that on auction does not make much sense. You could maybe craft something from your oils or the stuff you mined, but you end with even less items that you can sell on AH and some residue and shrapnel. This does not help at all to players, who dont deposit here thousands of ped.
I think there is great disconnect, between the old playerbase and people who buy or look into new games. Normal games cost 50-100 dollars or mmos cost like 20 dollars/month. People who are new to this game dont deposit here 1000 dollars in first week or two, just to try it out. They maybe deposit something and then they leave, because they cant work at all in this market.

Last edited:
I want auction split in two parts.

First part is for consumables, resources and material (and similar). Stuff sold here should not have the
fixed charge in fee, only percentual part.
Imo this part should not be an auction, more like a marketplace becuse if that would happen they could
open up for use of pec and that way allow us to get a way more steady MU since there will only be buyouts.

Second part are more for items, and could be as auction today.

Another thing to do to increase trades is to use add ons on Shopkeepers so they can buy stuff also.
Both selling and buying should be possible to be done per unit, similar to ammo in TT.

The auction fee house sucks, especially for new players. When someone start the game, he deposits maybe 100-500ped. With that and some low lvl gun, he cant use the auction at all. It would maybe take him a week or so to build stack of something that he can actually sell on the auction (maybe). Not to mention, that a lot of low lvl stuff just end up in tt, because its just not worth to put on auction with the fee. I have a lot of stuff in storage, mostly some extractors, paints, components and other trash. They all have markup, but I dont think I will be able make a stack that is worth to actually put it on auction, so they will rot there forever. I am sure this does not matter at all to people who cycle 1000s ped daily, but to low-mid lvl players this is game breaking. Instead of playing the game for a day and then putting stuff you crafted, mined or looted to auction, you spend entire next day trying to sell your stuff to other player for few hours or you just put it to tt, because the result is probably almost same or even better than putting your few items on auction.
Yea, but this game is catered to yber skilled and ppl with 500.000+ ped cards... the mere mortals are just a dust in the wind to be discarded and replaced.

Auction fee should just be a standard percentage with no additional base charges, then all stacks have the same value.

I want auction split in two parts.

First part is for consumables, resources and material (and similar). Stuff sold here should not have the
fixed charge in fee, only percentual part.
Imo this part should not be an auction, more like a marketplace becuse if that would happen they could
open up for use of pec and that way allow us to get a way more steady MU since there will only be buyouts.

Second part are more for items, and could be as auction today.

Another thing to do to increase trades is to use add ons on Shopkeepers so they can buy stuff also.
Both selling and buying should be possible to be done per unit, similar to ammo in TT.
Damn, shopkeepers that can buy up stuff. Thats insane. Now make the auction to adjust your stack to MU and simplify the game, so that it can be played without calculator. OR add one into the game, these are some insane ideas. Why is there like 1 ped range in the auction anyway, there are pec. But the auction where people trade, its greyed out. Who thought its good idea. I think its beyond stupid and I am very kind with my words here.

Last edited:
So much fear. If you have 15 ped of muscle oil, you can successfully profit from the auction, it doesn’t take weeks to accumulate. And we are arguing over a base fee of 5 bloody cents.

Auction fee should just be a standard percentage with no additional base charges, then all stacks have the same value.
I think this is very sensible. Why would you add 0.5 ped fee on item that does not even have 0.1 ped value. Also there are items with 999999% value where you dont really know what the value is, that just screams of extremely bad design. Also really, please add some ingame calculator that can work with prices, adjust stack sizes and markup, before putitng things on auction. To make it, is so easy, the game is very old, why is it not there? People are playing this game and making spreadsheets to actually play this game and to know what is going on, they do all of this, because the game is so stupid. How could anybody think, that this is good? Its workable, you can do math on stuff yourself on anything, but this "game" takes it to next level, everything is more anoying than it needs to be. Its stuck in the ways that were maybe alright 20 years ago, not much changed here really, just the graphics. If the devs acutally tried to play any other mmo, it would blow up their mind. I think this game, while it has new engine, its mostly still running on the old code from 20 years ago, it works and nobody can touch it, but everything has changed so much since this was released. Also I am really pissed about many missions that you can do just to spend your time on and your money and you get nothing out of it, why is it even here? But thats completely different topic.

802.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I maybe mentioned that some of the actions that midark makes are not reasonable. Not sure what was wrong in there, you cant say a word here I guess. This is not forum where people can discuss things, they can, as long as it fit some narative. Very nice.

Back