Auction morons

Thanks for the replies everyone, but not many of you are answering my question. I know how supply and demand works, I know how price fluctuation works, I know how people use the auction.

I just want to know if other people are getting particularly frustrated at the moment, like I am, by people drastically undercutting by greater-than-usual amounts.
Simply said, yes Iam frustrated.

oh and thank you for the jarhead armor i bought on auc if it was you that sold:scratch2:
No wasn't me matey :rolleyes:.

I always sell at a price I think is ok and I'm satisfied with, no matter what MU has been.
And remember, a lower MU isn't a loss, it's a lower profit. You still profit.

To answer your question - No I'm not frustrated by people undercutting my prices...it just means your prices are too high for the current demand...there's that word again "demand"

We need more players. Simple.

Is it just me, or is it becoming increasingly difficult to sell anything on auction due to idiots constantly undercutting at as much as 5% below the weekly/daily?

You can fight them, Oleg: When you buy from auction, do not buy the cheapest items, buy the ones which cost 5% more.

You can fight them, Oleg: When you buy from auction, do not buy the cheapest items, buy the ones which cost 5% more.
or just add +1k to top price on each and every thing you buy on auction that has no buyout. ;)

That way the sellers can profit and start buying more of those new deeds so MA gets the 6 million faster. ;)

Funny thing is that a LOT of people complain that cost to play is too high.
MU is included in the cost to play, so we can't really complain at MA for
bad loot only, community has a part in it too, when they set prices that
are too high. Question is, what is too high? ;)

Now is a great time to advertise to people about the game and how great it is....Game needs new players to help build the economy back up again after all the buying of deeds drained it....I post frequently on my facebook, links to advertise entropia universe to ppl I have added for all different reasons...

Is it just me, or is it becoming increasingly difficult to sell anything on auction due to idiots constantly undercutting at as much as 5% below the weekly/daily?

I'm not talking about low-volume items here, I'm talking about oils, ores, L guns, L armour etc.

I really don't see anything wrong with this, if someone is willing to sell for a lot lower then anyone else just so they can move their product faster that is totally ok. Sure they may loose some PED but some people just want to dump their stuff without standing for days at Twin Peak or waiting week or two for it to sell at a higher markup. This is the way things work in real life also ever heard of store sales. Stores just want to get rid of the product even if it is only fraction of profit form it. They just want to sell under everyone else to move it.

just my 2 pecs worth.

Are you all mad?

The only entity to blame here is MA.

They want players to buy 60000 deeds at 1000 ped each and expect them to deposit 6 million dollars, it's retarded.

There's hardly one tenth that in liquid ped in the game, where do you thing the "investors" are gonna get the rest ? First they'll auction everything they want to convert into deeds. Then, when their competition does the same they will undercut. Then, when their competition does the same again and the crap will expire from the auction they'll TT.

Untill that happens, the market has gone to shit. I expect at least a month till people start buying again and a year till the market recovers.

as a side note: MA was expecting to bring fresh ped into the game with this, all they managed was to force people to consume their holdings and for your information ... there is NO money backing these holdings up. Instead of injecting 6 million fresh dollars in the game, MA has managed to impoverish calypso with the future pay outs they will have to pay while getting the "debt" they had to the players for their holdings nulled.

This is madness.

Are you all mad?

The only entity to blame here is MA.

They want players to buy 60000 deeds at 1000 ped each and expect them to deposit 6 million dollars, it's retarded.

There's hardly one tenth that in liquid ped in the game, where do you thing the "investors" are gonna get the rest ? First they'll auction everything they want to convert into deeds. Then, when their competition does the same they will undercut. Then, when their competition does the same again and the crap will expire from the auction they'll TT.

Untill that happens, the market has gone to shit. I expect at least a month till people start buying again and a year till the market recovers.

as a side note: MA was expecting to bring fresh ped into the game with this, all they managed was to force people to consume their holdings and for your information ... there is NO money backing these holdings up. Instead of injecting 6 million fresh dollars in the game, MA has managed to impoverish calypso with the future pay outs they will have to pay while getting the "debt" they had to the players for their holdings nulled.

This is madness.

That's the most assumptions with no fact to back it up stated as if it were fact that I've seen in quite a while.

Grats.

That's the most assumptions with no fact to back it up stated as if it were fact that I've seen in quite a while.

Grats.

To be honest i have been pondering the affect of deeds eating up (removing) fluid ped within the economy, but hopefully people depositing to buy them will offset that.

Whatever the truth of active ped within the system the premise does have some vaidity, but yes there were some rather huge leaps of logic with current statistical information.

It should be noted that the start of this thread, and the auction 'issues,' started well before any announcement regarding deeds.

So the idea of blaming the issues referenced by the OP on deeds is... silly.:dunce:

Agree with ya here ... this is the real reason behind what's happening. Who wants "facts" just open the caly AH and there u have it ... almost 1300 pages now - most than I ever seen - packed with tons of stuff including high end gear that u rarely see in AH. Some sell out to buy deeds, others sell out for good ...

Why had this started 1-2 weeks before the deed announcement ?? idk, personnally I think some had inside info and started gathering liquid peds in advance - that would explain how stacks of 100s were sold within minutes while now are rusting in AH for days - but that's just conspiracy theory :rolleyes:

Future might be bright but the path to it leads through a big economic downside for caly, an almost TT like economy is here to stay for a while ...

Grats.
But, are they, really? Think about what he's saying for a minute. Imagine you want a deed and you have 10K PED worth of muscle oil sitting in storage that isn't serving any purpose. You know that if you sink just 1K PED worth into a deed that you would be making PED on it, so wouldn't you just sell some muscle oil rather than depositing?

Now of course that muscle oil wasn't any benefit to anyone while sitting in storage, but now it means that 1K PED can't possibly be injected into the Entropia economy for the next few years. And it also doesn't help MA since they had already received the real money that was used to acquire that muscle oil somewhere along the line.

The above is a likely scenario and several deeds have probably already been acquired in such a way.

Also yes as you said...that was off-topic with respect to the OP. I should have thought about that before making this post as well.

It should be noted that the start of this thread, and the auction 'issues,' started well before any announcement regarding deeds.

So the idea of blaming the issues referenced by the OP on deeds is... silly.:dunce:

Unless......a group of people predicted that land deeds were going to appear and started to ‘prepare’... nah, would never happen. :laugh:

While I'm on the subject of ridiculous conspiracy theories, the Calypso mark-ups are being purposely lowered to highlight “greener pastures” elsewhere for mark-up. It would not take much of a cost hit and the effect is quite long lasting if timed with an event that soaks up Ped. :lolup:

There seems to be some confusion here.

You guys are assuming that MA would not have warned their partners and high rollers about the deed sale. Why would MA not have done this :) they want the deeds sold. When money is involved morality goes out the window.

So people with large stocks that are in good favor with MA had a week or so notice and started unloading early, at least that's what I observed.

In my case this whole land-deed-citizenship-thing bit me really hard, I have a tower and a plethora of various other ores and enmatter that have lost 5-10-25% markup in one ... one week.

And now, from a different point of view, do you guys think that people that have never played entropia would consider "investing" in these deeds? Who buys them?

There are several types, the smallest piece of the pie goes to the "curious" types who buy one "to see how it goes"

Next up is the small time scammer, the flea market trader, the guy that tries to do small time deals with massive profit margins ( time wise or % wise ) ... the guy that buys a batch of ores from a newbie miner in Twin Peaks with less ped then the TT value of the ores, the guy that tries to sell these deeds just a bit higher then MA's buyout :)

Next up is the casual gamer that thinks he'll buy several of these and then play entropia "for free" with the weekly revenue he'll get. He can't depo for them the though, that divorce lawyer is costing him soo much already, then there's the gas bill and the mortgage ... nah, he'll just sell some skills, maybe he'll just take out some of the funny stuff in storage that he has not used in ages. Ooooh! Special edition S.Opallo nice , i bet this sells well and hmm , i have not used my BLP skill in a long time, better sell this too. And my 102 amp collection, was rotting there anyway, that should go as well.

Fourth is the new player who's backed up by a nice wallet, he'll buy 20-50 of these and see where it goes, how can it go wrong ? Entropia is such an amazing game already ! Maybe he'll get a space vehicle too and start pirating, he also heard that mining in pvp4 is very, very profitable.

The fifth and last type of player who will buy these deeds is loaded, TT wise, he has storages full everywhere, in his apartment, on FOMA, his land area isn't doing as well as he'd hoped and he can't sell it for more then he payed, his animal eye oil ATH he got last year is barely 5% sold and he'll be damned if he depoes again ... untill the ATH sells at least. For this guy , this deed-event-landgrab-thing is the golden opportunity , he'll TT the ATH eventually if he has to , he'll sell that nemesis armor set that was gathering dust in his friends mall shop and maybe even trade out the UL ore amp but he'll be golden, golden I tell you MWAHAHAHAHA!!

To sum it up, the only ones who will deposit to buy deeds are the first and fourth category, the rest will try to make the ped in game and obviously fail unless they TT. But while this happens, the market will crash further.

Last edited:
Sometimes I do not know if it's a matter of stupidity or sabotage. Because, selling at retail to less cost than the average, do not just seem things of idiots. It seems that someone is sabotaging the system.

A year ago I had posted this thread "Market Value is not a Game".

Last edited:
I understand that there are people who wants their peds fast and their selling low.

However, what amazes me are idiots who sell at REALLY low prices.

For example, an item that have stable 180-200 % mu for long time already - people set BO at 140 %.
Come on, why 40-50 % lower then?? 170 % should be pretty ok and item would sell pretty fast.

Lately, I`ve seen bunch of morons selling for that much low and it really pisses me of like OP..

I often sell loot with buyout at market or slightly under.

I do it as an insurance that the stuff sell and that it sells fast. I could sell with BO higher than market but then I have to worry if the stuff sells or not.

I realise that it makes it "increasingly difficult to sell anything on auction" for those that set BO higher than market value but that is their problem. I get my stuff sold. I dont consider myself an idiot for doing it.

More importantly, I have no responsibility to try to keep MU up. What I do is a normal thing to do in a free market.

I think same principles apply for those that sell lower then me. If they want to they are welcome to do so, it makes good opportunities for buyers.

I understand that there are people who wants their peds fast and their selling low.

However, what amazes me are idiots who sell at REALLY low prices.

For example, an item that have stable 180-200 % mu for long time already - people set BO at 140 %.
Come on, why 40-50 % lower then?? 170 % should be pretty ok and item would sell pretty fast.

Lately, I`ve seen bunch of morons selling for that much low and it really pisses me of like OP..

Could it be goods from other planets that are listed lower, RT/Ark have solis for instance and i noticed a big fall in that resource.

Just curious which resource/item you are talking about with the 200% to 140% ish drop.

Could it be goods from other planets that are listed lower, RT/Ark have solis for instance and i noticed a big fall in that resource.

Just curious which resource/item you are talking about with the 200% to 140% ish drop.

Nah, its not from other planet - its caly animal part.

I understand that resources from other planets sometimes sells at lower % due to low demand.

The types of folks that would have heard ahead of time about the deeds being issued are not the types of folks that have to worry about undercutting on auction to make PEDs.

They just go hunt and get another ATH. :smoke:

I understand that resources from other planets sometimes sells at lower % due to low demand.

Exactly, that's why I asked (via support case) for markups based on planets.

I think the way it's now the markups from planets with less demand (less active players) will drag down the markups from calypso. If at least sellers verify the BO of offers available before sell...

Back