Auction of Items from Banned Avatar

Status
With that logic, I would suggest to sell some other guys stuff as well. Skalman, Neomaven, yourself.

As you nicely put it, the stuff is bought for PED, those PED are immedately fully for MA, and itsn't hurting anyone ingame (since two of them barely play and the third is making unlogical statements in forum rather than spending peds ingame) :)

But they havent been perma banned and accounts locked for illegal activies :scratch2:

Rgds

Ace

But they havent been perma banned and accounts locked for illegal activies :scratch2:

Rgds

Ace

Ya seems odd to sit here reading about these "poor" banned cheaters by a few people. :scratch2:
...I hope they didn't get a penny back. ;)

Yes I left out some context (and ofc. I was being cynical not really suggesting it). But so did Wollongong, and that was exactly my point. The context which he left out - MA is selling the items twice (they were looted/bought once and again, the auction). The the ones suffering of the "illegal activities" were the other players, shouldn't they (we) get the compensation? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Ya seems odd to sit here reading about these "poor" banned cheaters by a few people. :scratch2:
...I hope they didn't get a penny back. ;)

I don't there there is a single scenario where a bot will have advantage over a human player no doubt they were successful but definitly not because of using third party programming

clickers are third party programs aswell or they were untill MA added that function so given the extensive use of all kinds of third party programs at that time I don't think they concidered it "wrong" or did it in aim of profit more like testing the program or using it as many currently are using afk sweating to hunt while doing other stuff

EDIT: i hope he cut a deal and got some back and if he did we'll never know as that would probably be a breach in contract

I don't there there is a single scenario where a bot will have advantage over a human player no doubt they were successful but definitly not because of using third party programming

clickers are third party programs aswell or they were untill MA added that function so given the extensive use of all kinds of third party programs at that time I don't think they concidered it "wrong" or did it in aim of profit more like testing the program or using it as many currently are using afk sweating to hunt while doing other stuff

EDIT: i hope he cut a deal and got some back and if he did we'll never know as that would probably be a breach in contract

Really? I must have missed the update where I could set my ava to hunt and loot 24/7 and go to bed and sleep.
Could you tell me how? cause I've looked and don't see anything but auto click... ;)

I know there was profit in using the bots. As they could hunt longer, they gave advantage over the human players. Back then, there used to be TT profit if you were maxed and using good dmg/pec tools.
You are somewhat right about the situation today, a hunting bot would not make sense at least on the same easy killlable mobs. Not sure about mining. It would make a lot of sense and most likely already does happen in reselling (watching the auction and acting as necessary).
TBH I strongly believe the game implements some limitations to prevent extensive profit that don't make any sense today like limit of time spent / turnover spent in the game professions.
And indeed, I think it is most likely MA made a deal with Nostrop and he got/will get something from it.

A difference between these guys and a normal hunter is that these guys probably were hunting using mod faps and imk2's. If the previous developer notes are true, someone who hunts with more eco equipment will have a lesser cost, and seen in the bigger perspective, then someone who's using "above average eco" gear (and have skills for it) will get a better return than someone who's using "below average eco" gear. (As for numbers, think player A who has eco 4.0 using a typical weapon at that time, and player B who has eco 4.6 using A106/A204+imk2). And player A who needs to fap several times (or wear armor) to kill let's say Longu Dominant, and player B who might be able to kill it before it reaches you - and for occasional hits is able to wait with fapping until total damage is 160 and then do a click with mod fap (so say 4 clicks with 2600 or 1 click with mod fap).

If you own the land area you're hunting on, you can set the mob maturity on an (for you) optimal level (matching your gear), and you won't pay tax (well tax will go to yourself or a "friend"). And other people hunting on same landarea will pay tax which might cover the cost for fertilizer.

(Now consider this happening before the first 10k feffoid+non looters.)

Again, let's say a hunter at eco 4.0 could get 90% return. Someone with calculator might be able to figure out the average return in % for someone who hunts with eco 4.6.

There was also a difference in the loot algorithm back then.

Since several years ago loots have been random and unpredictable, with a higher proportion of return coming as larger loot spikes such as globals.

When I first started, and for a few years afterwards, loot often came in waves of good periods and bad periods. Players would move areas to try to find the areas where the loot was good at that time. High loots were rarer, but medium loots would come more often for a certain time.

If these bots had some intelligence in measuring the loot they were getting after say 10 kills, they might have been able to either stop and go to sleep for an hour, or kill faster.

Even I had profitable hunts back then more than 50% of the time, nowadays it's about 10%.

Anyone who could have judged the good loot periods would have had a significant advantage.

Now if you owned a LA you might have also been able to recognise a pattern in the loot wave, if there was one.

So i read in the Highlights that someone.....was banned. I would like to ask: who is he????
i really hope that asking is not against any FPC forum rule. In case my apologies.

Moreover gz to MA to have taken move against the exploiter. I hope MA will continue in this way......

There was a bug with tt machine, he was getting 1000 peds per every single sweat bottle he tt'd. He argued it was a fair price for the labour time and sweating effort, MA were having none of it and demanded the peds back, but he had already spent it on 15 vice girls and and bottle of icrecream stawberry sauce. When questioned he didn't say what he was doing with strawberry sauce, but there was no evidence of an icecream tub anywhere.

even said so on the first page :D

i really hope that asking is not against any FPC forum rule. In case my apologies.

Moreover gz to MA to have taken move against the exploiter. I hope MA will continue in this way......

Not sure why you felt that creating a separate thread to ask that question was necessary.
Merged with original thread (where your question is actually answered several times).

I didn't read this whole thread so sorry if it's been asked:

Since this dude cheated the players why don't they just put these items back into the loot pool so the game benefits as a whole?

After a thorough investigation and extended correspondence with the participant, it has been decided that the account will remain permanently suspended. The participant has accepted MindArk’s decision in this case.

From this it sounds like there was some kind of settlement.

Best tread in a loopng time :)
Way to go!

Since this dude cheated the players why don't they just put these items back into the loot pool so the game benefits as a whole?

Too much money to part with? The last semi-annual financial report (linked in the post above yours) displays huge negative values.

Too much money to part with? The last semi-annual financial report (linked in the post above yours) displays huge negative values.

I would think that actually putting stuff in loots would make people happier and more willing to depo and play which would cause more money to flow to MA - i.e. everybody wins.
But hey what do I know...

I would think that actually putting stuff in loots would make people happier and more willing to depo and play which would cause more money to flow to MA - i.e. everybody wins.
But hey what do I know...

This,

Putting them on auctions pretty much means only certain people have a chance at obtaining the items unless they make a serious investment.

I can see how that benefits MA but it puts a sour taste in many players mouths that we are forced to depo a significant amount just for the chance of getting an item.(Not that I will be)

Having the knowledge that there was a chance for the gear to drop from hunting again would make me depo again, having to try and outbid the others in auction.... forget about it.

Hopefully they accidentally put everything with a BUYOUT of 1 ped.

All trades are final remember :)

not sure why everyone always jumps to conclusions... no one knows where the full story is and no one knows what MA has to do or is going to do with all that ped...

perhaps send a support asking?

That's the story of MA, perfect.
no one knows where the full story is and no one knows what MA has to do or is going to do with all that ped...

Having the knowledge that there was a chance for the gear to drop from hunting again would make me depo again, having to try and outbid the others in auction.... forget about it.

Though, nothing that we really would want to loot, like mod merc or mod fap, is on that list (as far as I can see). It's mainly three categories:

a) Land deeds (and other estate deeds like apartments)
b) Hangar parts (like electro matrix) :confused: (They'll squeeze it in auction anyway?)
c) Normal stuff, like atrox bone and bodyguard armor BP and goblin armor set
d) A very few "nice to have" things, like A106 and dante amp. No "top-10 wanted" item though.

(So, I wonder to "why no uber-items". I just have same guesses like everyone else; like they're be put back into loot pool silently, the former owner did get help from fort argus bankier to embezzle them/give them to a newly created alt, or they can in the hands of an other avatar that's next to be liquified after this auction has been finished.)

Someone said we're effectively paying twice for the land areas; well when the land areas were first implemented I think that they were way cheaper than today, and well below the startbid. More like 10k ped than 50k ped. Though, I weren't ingame by then or at least I didn't know about those things back when I started. Maybe the 50k ped startbid on LAs is to keep the sale that high, in case Qetesh has put a 42 ped bid on them lol (we all know that when someone like Qetesh bids on a land there is "enough" beds behind the bid so it's not worth fighting if Qetesh wants it).

As for sheds being sold separately; well historically land areas sold by MA I think the shed was sent to the winner of the land area (they weren't auctioned separately).
Though, with the possibility to put terminals and outposts on landareas, the sheds are less important for a land owner. Maybe it would be enough if a landowner got a small "lot" near fert station for shopkeepers and adscreens (as there is on TI Castle for instance).

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone is fussing about MA getting additional profit for auctioning off the locked LA's. The way I see it:

1) We could NEVER get them back, and the LA's could lay to waste.
2) MA could permanently control them, greatly taking out of the player side of the economy for each of these land areas.
3) MA can auction them off so we can make use of them again.

The players in auction violated terms of use, they were banned. For years this went unresolved. MA has finally made a declaration about the resolution and has decided to allow us access to the lost items. Obviously the uber items that were loss will somehow make it back to us (probably through the loot system, which is fair).

Deeds have always been auctioned off, minus CLDs (which are worth a fraction of LA Deeds btw). For all we know MA made some sort of settlement with Nostrop and the others, and they definitely have lost a lot of money in legal fees. We need MA to NOT go broke, so let them auction off LA's. There WILL be plenty of players willing to pay for and properly run these properties. If MA doesn't look out for itself AND us, we will be doomed to fail and lose the years of play time and money we have spent on the game.

Logical enough?

Personally, I think it was a harsh move. From what I heard all he was doing was running a program to keep himself running into mobs and kept dying for skills?

I mean if thats all he did, than why not just take skills away, why take away like 75k USD.

Wondering how bad MA is in need of the cash this will generate.
(dunno if thats why he was banned, was just told that, sorry if im wrong)

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
very smart

I think they found a new way to make some $, instead of putting everything back in loot pool, (which is how I think it should be), they get the people to pay for them a second time! Genius! I hate cheaters as much as anyone else does, but if this becomes lucrative for them, we might see the rules start to narrow for everyone, and before we know it, have many levels of "disobedience". In this scenario they win for people being bad, so they'll want more "bad doers". Just some food for thought:wise:

Personally, I think it was a harsh move. From what I heard all he was doing was running a program to keep himself running into mobs and kept dying for skills?

I mean if thats all he did, than why not just take skills away, why take away like 75k USD.

Wondering how bad MA is in need of the cash this will generate.
(dunno if thats why he was banned, was just told that, sorry if im wrong)

{removed}

no,he ran an autohunt program..i used to hunt in the same area as he did,and he indeed never responded
he always hunted at longus,back thne,im talking maybe 5-6 years if not longer ago longus were most hunted mob,they dropped loads of esis
also,skill sold for way higher,and i mean insane prices,i remember blp tech selling for 10.000 %
so he was skillfarming with impmk2 on hieronymes la,thortonia

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to see these land areas and items back in game. Some really nice land areas too...good luck bidders.

Status
Back