Auction Sale not updating PED Card

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
I logged in this morning and received two messages from the auction that two items had sold, for 12 PED and 48 PED. But my PED card balance is 36.42, which is what I thought it was when I logged out 8 hours before.

I checked with the auctioneer, and the items were not returned to me, so I had not misread the messages. I relogged, and relogged again after 1/2 an hour. Still the wrong blance.

I confess I forgot to reread the messages via the message centre before I relogged, but I'm used to getting these messages, and the items are no longer on the auction or in my inventory.

I've submitted a support case to Mindark.

I've just had another sale, which did update the PED card, so I can only wait until Mindark follow their audit trail.

No response from Mindark after 24 hours.

It occurred to me that there is one possible innocent explanation - that the sales were from before I logged off the previous evening, that I used the proceeds to repair my weapons, but I did not clear the auction messages. However, I always click on the blue squares when they come.

This should be easy for Mindark to check from their logs, the content of the auction messages I saw, the times the auctions expired, and my PED balances at those times.

I've read Lukan's thread, and it is obviously worrying if Mindark's audit trail is unable to follow the changes on a PED card.

Two things to add:

Check your list of items on the MA website, and if you already have done this, make sure MA are aware.

This is a fairly old bug which I thought had been fixed, but maybe not...

Mindark have responded that the 48 PED referred to a sale at 20:00 the previous evening. I was logged in for 3 hours beyond that, and they do not explain why I did not receive the message at that time, or if I did, why it reoccurred. I had several items on the auction for 48 PED, and they cannot actually link the message with a particular transaction.

Whilst not absolutely watertight I have to accept that my PED amount is correct, and any problem lies solely in the message handling.

Sorry for raising false alarm, I would recommend that this thread be deleted to avoid further doubt that there is a bug here.

Back