Cuga

Old Alpha
Plaque Cuga Noir
I know this has probably been discussed and said before but I just need to get it of my chest.

New avatar looks are childish and retarted. Manga like crap. I preffered my avatar with wrinkles and old. Now my avatar looks like he is about to pull a Yu-Gi-Oh card out of his sleeve and shout "GOLD DRAGON ATTACKS FOR 2000" or something like that.

And all that beautification crap they introduced, make up and textures... OMG can you get any more greedier MA?!?

There, I said it:ahh: I feel better now, forgive my rant.

Now I'll get back to burning peds.:cool:

Ok, i wasn't entirely satisfied with the new avatars either (what the heck is up with the thighs on males), but manga, what? It doesn't look like manga at all.... Fortunately.

Overall, i think they look pretty nice.

Them look moronic. Customization, paint, textures, make-up etc. bring them on.

But I'd like to be able to reproduce on the new avatar the expression of the old avatar. I can't get my mind around the idea that a new engine can do less than an old engine.

wtf are you talking about? I'm frikkin gourgious! :D

dont think it matters much atm as cryengine update should be coming this year some time so everything is going to change at that point i would imagine, hopefully the look of avatars will be satisfactory at that point because it will be more permanent then, i would imagine.

saint

While I am fairly pleased with my ava, I agree that there are some pieces that were removed with this engine that "needs" to be put back in. I quoted needs because without it they have lost a lot.

We used to have expressions in our faces. You could even see the smile in the eyes! Now we got dead-pan faces that we're supposed to be happier about because we can put masks and make-up on? Not me. I'd rather be able to see those expressions again.

Mind you, I like the tattoo's and such, but even THEY are an "incomplete" implementation -- without being able to create an asymetrical look, you've only done a half-assed job. Do it right, and if you must, find programmers that take pride in their work!

Bring the expressions back to our faces, and THEN add all those new features like make up and costumes. But do it right, for crying out loud! Don't give us a half-assed implementation and call it "good enough" -- it's insulting to us users, and especially insulting to programmers that take pride in their work and don't just do the bare minimum and call it done.

This rant is not about the new features so much as it's about the apparent willingness to hide the obvious flaws behind them rather than fix them (or at least announce that they will fix them). The missing facial expressions are a symptom of this. We have more uniqueness, but we all look like expressionless maniquins. There are other symptoms, but I think I've made my point so I'll shut up now.

Facial expressions would be good, but I think the new avatar looks are way better then pre VU 9. Manga:confused:?? Don't think so... All this was just implemented a couple of months ago, I am sure MA will be adding in more and fixing some of the features. By the way I am sure there are some makeup artists that can make you look old and tired.

I think it's a bit of an odd thread seeing that avatar looks/customization is probably the one thing that shouldn't be complained about with all the new upgrades to make your ava the way you want it, and the fact that there is plenty of other things ingame that needs work.

Emery

Back