Axe 1x0 Change?

Status
vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
Sorry can't agree here. It's a MAJOR change to the game, not a minor one. More, I will say it's the most important change in the whole VU because it changes the weapon of choice for a lot of people that chose Swordsman as a primary thing they want to do ingame.

OK, so from your perspective this relatively small change is indeed huge... which was what I alluded to in my post... if it's such a huge change then consider quitting now b4 you lose money as you are predicting.

Btw- I'm not trying to be a bitch- I'm just trying to save you from the inevitable :girl:

gurkha said:
Heard of Hyperion? :rolleyes:

There are 200,000+ avatars ingame. Give me names of 20 people that became rich on 1x0s and i will step back and close my mouth.

vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
There are 200,000+ avatars ingame. Give me names of 20 people that became rich on 1x0s and i will step back and close my mouth.

I don't think we're discussing one's ability to become "rich" as you put it.

We are talking about one's ability to never deposit or deposit very small amounts rarely by using the axe 1x0.... to which I say I personally know so many ppl that put in $30 at one time and have continued to axe on that one deposit for, oh, 6-9 months... that's the problem.

Look, sure it's about MA making money so that this game can continue.

If it costs you $50 to go buy another mmorpg off the shelf, and $20 a month to play, then PE must have a similar depositing factor (event though it's heralded to be free but we all know the truth ;) ). So if ppl are essentially able to skill and actively hunt off of $5 a month or less on the axe1x0 which MANY ppl could do, then it needed a revamp obviously.

Svetlana said:
OK, so from your perspective this relatively small change is indeed huge... which was what I alluded to in my post... if it's such a huge change then consider quitting now b4 you lose money as you are predicting.

Btw- I'm not trying to be a bitch- I'm just trying to save you from the inevitable :girl:

Thank You for the advice. Yet I am not afraid of losing money because I do deposit, you might not caught the point. The point is MindArk's lowering the game's integrity. Such thing (planned bug fix, because it's stated as a bug) should have been announced before, that's how i feel about the point.

- MA changed it for a reason.
- The reason obviously has to due with the item being unbalanced.
- Removal of an unbalanced item is good for the game.

You can dance around the subject all you want but it still boils down to these points.

DD
:evilking:

Do we even know 100% that the axe is doing 5 less damage they said that they fixed the shock not the over all damage maby they moved it to say...cut :wise:

i think we need to stop riping each other new asses and find out in game if it is true or not.

Well, we will certainly do not come to agreement whether the axe was balanced or not. Let's skip that or it will come to next 10 pages :)

One more thing I want you people to speak on is whether the existing bug and it's planned fix should be announced in the clientloader before it is applied. My answer is yes.

Svetlana said:
If it costs you (event though it's heralded to be free but we all know the truth ;) ).

??? very disturbing - you except the fact that it is a missrepresentation and align with it, but on the other hand with a straight face saying that taking advantage of something ingame is not good?

i am not looking for debate on liberalism. just give a little more thought - is that what you mean (in quote)

Karde said:
Do we even know 100% that the axe is doing 5 less damage they said that they fixed the shock not the over all damage maby they moved it to say...cut :wise:

i think we need to stop riping each other new asses and find out in game if it is true or not.

It does 24 total damage.

fresco said:
??? very disturbing - you except the fact that it is a missrepresentation and align with it, but on the with a straight face saying that taking advantage of something ingame is not good?

i am not looking for debate on liberalism. just give a little more thought - is that what you mean (in quote)

I accept the fact that this game money.... you do not? :confused:
Wow~ I never mislead a newbie in game when they inquire whether or not this game is really free. Sure it's free in that there is no upfront cost, but I always explain to them (as every1 on this forum and others also do) that the game is best played when depositing... SO ya Fresco, I stand behind that :silly2: To debate whether or not MA misrepresents/distorts the truth is silly, but, if you must drag me into it I will give you the answer that most ppl would give you: You pay nothing upfront to play, and there is no requirement to ever play. So in that sense it is free... take that as you will.

When did I say to take advantage of something is not good? :dunce:

It's true...axes have been decreased 5 damage points. I don't remember them ever being OFFICIALLY referred to as "bugged" so I agree with some of the comments I've read about being disappointed. This was likely something caused by feedback from bitter players who have always resented people using them because of how costly range fighting can be.

And try not to get too bent out of shape by the forum Trakkur and Voice, you are just getting the hazing from the usual forum bullies who react to posts by cursing and calling names.

The ironic thing about these hateful people is, if they ever got their way and forced everyone else to shut up and go away, they would be the only people left on the forum.

Azrael said:
So when are they going to "Fix" my MF chips. They must surely be bugged. Talk about unbalanced ! But ...wait...that favors MA...so guess It'll be some time ...or never :(

Az :D

Well they already changed the stats of some itens before the axe change.

I got very upset because I didn't saw the announcement in fact nobody complained about it.

The item to which the stats was changed was the Lesser Teleport Chip, in this one I have absulute certain that they changed the chance of sucess a few months ago.

What I didn't like about this change was:
"that was a bug and it is fixed"

Certainly that I could accept something like:
"due to some studies we decided to change and update the stats of this item this new stats"
they didn't even needed to justify what those studies shown,
I've played CCG for a long time
once in a while a far too powerfull combination appears and the developers of the game must change either the way it works or even the possibility to use it.
I was used to this so no big news in this fact
Only surprise the way they handle it.

The rest that I think is just speculation.

Bye bye axe hunting grounds.

Svetlana said:
When did I say to take advantage of something is not good? :dunce:

here:

Svetlana said:
So if ppl are essentially able to skill and actively hunt off of $5 a month or less on the axe1x0 which MANY ppl could do, then it needed a revamp obviously.

and yes, you are right about the "free" (no subscription), but i was not talking about that at all.

so it is 24 damage :mad:

but at the same time this is mindarks game not the players game. we dont have a democratic vote on every change it would be stupid. Also i dont think that any one or even 2-3 hundred people will get MA to change there mind :wise:

Yeah i dont like it but will i live with it? yes the game still rocks its cool the comunity is ausome.

i will simply find another way to profit/break even in the game

if any one wants to sell there axe 1x0 i will gladly buy it :)

Epictetus said:
And try not to get too bent out of shape by the forum Trakkur and Voice, you are just getting the hazing from the usual forum bullies who react to posts by cursing and calling names.

The ironic thing about these hateful people is, if they ever got their way and forced everyone else to shut up and go away, they would be the only people left on the forum.

The funniest thing is the arguments are plain and simple: awesome dmg/pec, low dmg/sec, low range, no attachments, so all i see "axe was cheap and effective = broken, quit or stfu". Price isn't the stat of the weapon, it's created by community!

I'd still like to see comments on my previous post:

"The point is MindArk's lowering the game's integrity. Such thing (planned bug fix, because it's stated as a bug) should have been announced before, that's how i feel about the point."

vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
Price isn't the stat of the weapon, it's created by community!

There must be a communication gap here. I don't recall the conversation having anything to do with price.

DD

fresco said:
and yes, you are right about the "free" (no subscription), but i was not talking about that at all.

Yes, I pointed out that these changes are presumably about the bottom line for MA Fresco. If MA has discovered that ppl were able to very effectively, and in large numbers, utilize a particular weapon for skills and hunting without much depositing (and btw I used the 1x0 and most ppl i know used it!) then my best guess is that MA needed to revamp it. I'm not taking sides with MA on it, I'm simply saying that everything comes down to the bottom line and c'est la vie.

I'm off this subject atm- I'm so pissed that when some1 neg repped me for my comments (which is silly b/c I have not said any personal insults like that particular person has done) I gave them a positive rep in response :dunce: :laugh: Ah well, as I said to them in pm, it's my karma... it's saying "Sveta- get off this thread... it's not worth it.... we all will agree to disagree"

*Svet~ who is a grown woman with a child and is fully aware of when to let things just drop

Epictetus said:
It's true...axes have been decreased 5 damage points. I don't remember them ever being OFFICIALLY referred to as "bugged" so I agree with some of the comments I've read about being disappointed. This was likely something caused by feedback from bitter players who have always resented people using them because of how costly range fighting can be.

Thanks Epictetus, but this is my last post on these forums.

Sadly it's apparent to me that a few folks simply can't have a discussion without cursing at folks and calling them names. I don't imagine anything will be done by the administration here since this behaviour started long ago and simply continues by a few core people.

You can disagree with me, but do not curse at me or call me names. It's not called for, nor is it mature.

I find myself unable to have a discussion here without someone getting all huffy and full of themselves and deciding to turn it into a bashing session.

Sure I might have gone overboard, but I would have thought my opinion might actually count for something...or at least be respected. I guess not.

Bye EF, what a shame...this forum was so much better then the other one in many ways, but sadly the same garbage has finally taken root here.

Fare well.

I think what most are concerned about here isnt so much the axe changing, but how it was done.

We've all been told that some non-decaying scopes and things are bugged. We've been told in no uncertain terms by MA they intend to change/fix them. We can purchase them or not, but the risk is known.

This was the first I heard about the axes, and I've been playing since April 05. Yes I have some (7) in storage. No, I dont really use them anymore. Overnight these have become less valuable to the point I will probably need to TT them.

I think the percieved problem is the "Slippery Slope" or "Domino" theory. First the axe, then what's next. I dont think MA will arbitrarily change alot of items, but who is to say for certain ?

I do enjoy this game...ooops..."Virtual Universe" :) and will continue to do so, until I feel MA has crossed that line of no RETURNS (pun).

May Lootius Bless your endevours

Az

Last edited:
Trakkur said:
Sure I might have gone overboard, but I would have thought my opinion might actually count for something...or at least be respected. I guess not.

Bye EF, what a shame...this forum was so much better then the other one in many ways, but sadly the same garbage has finally taken root here.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that me calling Voice of Night a n00b hasn't anything to do with your decision. I have always respected everyone opinion even if I do not agree.

If it effects you so you probably are making the right choice.

DD

Devil Doll said:
There must be a communication gap here. I don't recall the conversation having anything to do with price.

DD

Quotes for you:

gurkha said:
Axe was unbalanced; TT+2 gets you the best efficiency in the game, no!

imk2 is balanced; is rare and expensive, not bugged, no problems...

Devil Doll said:
IMK2 is worth a ton of ped creating a huge economic boom everytime one changes hands. Axes are worth dirt.

DD

That was in respose to you asking why IMK2 stats should not change. The answer is they are not draining the economy.

DD

Svetlana said:
I'm off this subject atm- I'm so pissed that when some1 neg repped me for my comments (which is silly b/c I have not said any personal insults like that particular person has done) I gave them a positive rep in response :dunce: :laugh: Ah well, as I said to them in pm, it's my karma... it's saying "Sveta- get off this thread... it's not worth it.... we all will agree to disagree"

I never insulted anyone in this thread Svetlana. And your negative rep is well deserved since you joined immature bashing of Trakkur.

vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
I never insulted anyone in this thread Svetlana. And your negative rep is well deserved since you joined immature bashing of Trakkur.

Is it possible to stay on topic or are you trying to get your own thread locked?

DD

Svetlana said:
I'm off this subject atm- I'm so pissed that when some1 neg repped me for my comments

I feel the same way. Like when DD just neg repped me and sent me a PM for a post where I didn't even mention his name.

MB you gotta clean up the trash or more people will leave.

Devil Doll said:
That was in respose to you asking why IMK2 stats should not change. The answer is they are not draining the economy.

DD

I know, yet you guys state that weapon that is worth TT+1-3 can't have highest dmg/pec ingame. I am just not agreeing with that because low dmg/sec and being a close combat weapon was a balancing factor IMO. And the price, whether it is IMK2 or 1x0 is made by the community. The problem could have been solved much better with decreasing axes droprate and leaving it the way it is.

Devil Doll said:
Is it possible to stay on topic or are you trying to get your own thread locked?

DD

No Devil Doll. You, Svetlana and Gurkha are trying to get it locked instead of posting your arguments. You are the ones that say "don't like it? quit" or "trakkur stop whining".

vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
And the price, whether it is IMK2 or 1x0 is made by the community. The problem could have been solved much better with decreasing axes droprate and leaving it the way it is.

Yes, they could have changed the droprate. But, that would not solve the problem of all the axes in circulation.

DD

Last edited:
:D Okay!

I see two points of view with good arguments on either side.

Firstly I have risen through the ranks through melee and pretty much axes alone - they have done me well. However I have often wondered what effect axes have on the economy as a whole.

Firstly, for anyone to benefit from an economy there have to be losers - now this may sound harsh, but it is a fact of life. In real life people become rich largely by ignoring the misfortunes of others. This is not an attack on the wealthy it is just expressing a law of the jungle.

The problem with the PE economy as I see it, is that not enough has been done by Mindark to introduce newcomers into the game - people who might even be prepared to "lose" some cash in the process of acquiring skills with a "golden carrot" dangling before them. The 1x0 axes, offered the newcomer a far too straight forward learning curve in to the game. Any serious minded new individual could simply log on to this forum, do a quick search and find that nearly everyone is using axes! Now if every body used axes with their old stats several things happen to the PE universe.

1) There is no strong incentive to use other weapons because of the clear advantage they yield.

2) There is no demand for the other weapons - hence crafters and traders lose out

3) The experience for a newcomer skilling with axes is quite frankly boring!

4) Without newcomers making deposits and making mistakes there is no money for the loot pool - (or whatever you want to call it!).

Hence to experience any positive ROI with 90% of weapon use being 1x0 axes you have to keep skilling ever higher, and that can feel like marching up a slippery slope!

Now that axes are on a par with other weapons I can only see good things happening in all other areas of the game - crafting becomes a more attractive option. Also all the other changes in the game lead to a far more rounded experience which can attract newcomers.

The changes to the PvP areas mean that I and perhaps many others will now contemplate purchasing an apartment and not have to put up with immature PKers stalking the revival terminals looking for orange jumpsuits.

Throw your axes away and look at other ways of enjoying the game - events will be coming shortly and the economic system will be more rounded as well. Your hard earned skills will always give you an edge over newcomers, but PE needs to evolve continuously through new professions and new incentives.

The worst experience from my point of view is to be stuck in a rut - and that is what axes were encouraging

I looked, but didn't see this posted. The axes dropped from 5.18 dmg/pec to 4.28 dmg/pec... still pretty good by all means. I'd say anything over 4 is pretty good actually. Still the 2x0 might become the new 1x0... it's hasn't changed stats, still readilly available, and does 4.42 dmg/pec. Ranking in as the THIRD most efficient weap in game. Being beat by imk2 and mff4400m...

It's not going to change. Let's figure out the next step...

mazzy187 said:
I looked, but didn't see this posted. The axes dropped from 5.18 dmg/pec to 4.28 dmg/pec... still pretty good by all means. I'd say anything over 4 is pretty good actually. Still the 2x0 might become the new 1x0... it's hasn't changed stats, still readilly available and does 4.42 dmg/pec and ranks in as #3 for most efficient weaps in game. Being beat by imk2 and mff4400m...

It's not going to change. Let's figure out the next step...

I think Mod FAP is bugged. It only decays 1 pec. Better change decay to 10 pec so MA gets some more income. It is only 9 pec and 9 pec doesn't mean anything for a player. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More loot in lootpool in a "famous" person conclusions.

/Kjetil :cool:

Status
Back