Balance and rewards

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
My feedback of the current compet version:

- manual fights need to have higher rewards then autofights since they take much longer and much more strategy to win
- negative ranking points for winning an arena battle need to be removed, this is highly demotivating to players and one of the main reasons why active players stop playing once they are well positioned to have a chance at the season reward
- the amount of ranking points that is given out needs to be rebalanced, it is good that it reduces itself when fighting many times against the same players, on the other hand it becomes way to good if you fight someone for the first time who is nowhere close to you with his own ranking points -> example: 2 days ago i had a fight against another player in which i lost instantly 280ish ranking points and the other player gained over 600 ranking points from a single fight

- the arena fights need to have more human skills involved as it is near impossible to win against the pet of another player if that player has already the next higher spell levels - at all times there should be a balance allowing strategy and spellselection to overcome raw power
- make the timer influence how effective a spell can be -> the faster you choose the more powerfull the spell will be
- make initiative a 'pool' like health/mana/etc. and make ferocity decide the regeneration rate for this pool
- allow players to 'save up' initiative in their pool to unleash a chain of attacks - like 2,3,4,... in a row
- add a 'swap' spell which players can use to choose an ability which they didnt take into combat but which then gets swapped into the place of the swap spell for future use - this will allow more adjustable playstyles
- add a spell which steals endurance from your opponents pet and adds it to your own
- add a spell which steals initiative from your opponents pet and adds it to your own
- add obstacles to the arena and allows players to sent their pets for 'cover' adding 'move' as an alternate option to casting a spell

- there is still a bug which leads to pets getting stuck in a manual battle even though both players have tried to find a autobattle match, this is usually detected when the search gets stuck or when you get a 'fileserver' error message - if you are quick enough and end the compet game and restart it you will get reconnected into the manual fight and can take over control
- the success rate in quests is still higher then displayed

- pet classes are still not balanced - atm high health wins over everything else - which makes the defence pet class the one with the highest success rate to win especially during the first 10 levels when going full offensive.
- there should be different play styles for different pets:
- like a shield for attuned classes that allows mana to be used as health
- add offensive abilities which drain from your endurance/health instead of mana
- ferocity should have an higher impact in initiative and crits
- make pet types more different from one another when it comes to combat:
- a flying pet could be harder to hit but drain its endurance faster
- a dragon could have a bonus on fire based spells and a higher resistance towards fire
- a dog could have an attack bonus on cats and rabbits
- a cat could have an attack bonus on chicken/rooster style pets or flying pets in general
- a edgehog could have a short term hide ability in which he couldnt be attacked but also could not attack without breaking hide
- a rabbit could have a dodge ability
- a kismet could have a bonus on claw attack
- a horse could have an attack bonus on dogs
- a furlog could have an attack bonus on horses
- etc.

- there should be an arena building in which you can place pets to search for auto fights
- there should be an option to see the opponent before the fight and choose to take over manual in an autofight
- there should be city walls to add further defences to your village, which would aid as an endurance/health bonus during an attack
- shields should not be rewarded when getting raided and only obtainable for diamonds

and fix wintrading please, one possible solution is this
-> https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?286090-Wintrading

Last edited:
Who is queueing for what? I'm searching for 100 gold and 5 ped battles but finding nothing. Would be nice if we can stay in queue longer or queue with multiple pets at once.

Who is queueing for what? I'm searching for 100 gold and 5 ped battles but finding nothing. Would be nice if we can stay in queue longer or queue with multiple pets at once.

I also keep coming up dry. That is what I try with is the 100 gold. Started trying when my panda was lvl 4, kept trying when he reached lvl 5, also now he is lvl 6 still searching. lol

Well, he is currently on a quest. Gotta get that xp somehow. But the quests are already starting to out level my pet.

Having to refresh the queue every ~36 seconds is annoying. In the more popular MOBAs I am used to having 10-15 minute queues. So it would be nice if we can queue for longer times, and with multiple pets.

Back