Bank in New Oxford

Anshe

Old
I am trying to decide wether I should reopen the bank in New Oxford with a new team or sell it off. I guess this would largely depend on the current value of the license and how much a potential buyer would be willing to offer. Feel free to share your thoughts or send me offers in PM :)

without a lot of serious consideration I have to say:

Drop it like it's hot!!:wtg:

I use a bank fairly often, as it can buy me some time (especially end of month)

You should only open it if you can do these things:

- have a lower % than the others
- Put a loan price on everything, not like some other banks with a lot of items with no price set
- Prices set needs to be high as possible, that makes it more attractive as you dont need to "lock" more items than possible
- I dont know if its a game limitation, but a lot of smaller items it says "item too low value" i see this as ruling out lower level players, that would take a few items in the bank, so they can take a chance on more hunting runs

There is a lot of work in updating the whole items list, but from there on, it should more or less self running. If you can't do atleast a dozen of those i listed above, you better just sell it off, as you go directly in competition with the 2 other banks that are currently running, and as i see it, there is definitly room to undercut them as it is now if so desire

I think only a handful of people can provide you with an informed opinion, most of us have no idea what revenue banks produce and what the potential, therein, could be.

Neverdie has banks used to the full potential.

Banks are BEST used as a free order machine. Set loans that are 1 day, that are meant to fail. Buy items at 1-2% under MU, sell on auction/use/sell to big crafters/whatever the fuck. You MASSIVELY boost the economy by removing the option for lazy people to TT the crap as they can give it to you, they make more ped easily, with no fee, you make ped easily, no fee. Everyone wins. You will earn FAR MORE with this then using it as an actual bank.

Can even take ped from players and set orders for them, make it a service, charge for it.

Neverdie has banks used to the full potential.

Banks are BEST used as a free order machine. Set loans that are 1 day, that are meant to fail. Buy items at 1-2% under MU, sell on auction/use/sell to big crafters/whatever the fuck. You MASSIVELY boost the economy by removing the option for lazy people to TT the crap as they can give it to you, they make more ped easily, with no fee, you make ped easily, no fee. Everyone wins. You will earn FAR MORE with this then using it as an actual bank.

Can even take ped from players and set orders for them, make it a service, charge for it.

I've been thinking that this would be the way to go, too. The only issue is whether you can get the volume to make it worth the hassle.

I am trying to decide wether I should reopen the bank in New Oxford with a new team or sell it off. I guess this would largely depend on the current value of the license and how much a potential buyer would be willing to offer. Feel free to share your thoughts or send me offers in PM :)

I miss shopping there, the shopkeepers were best, outside easy access & wide variety to choose from.
I would be glad to see it up & running again.

Hello Anshe, it is such a pity that you have had to close the bank and now are considering selling the licence... but i understand why. In my humble opinion my thoughts are you should try to sell the licence, loans and setting prices that are based on current mark ups are to volatile.

For example the latest migration, those who farmed samples early made a killing selling melee amps through to one of the banks as the swathe of samples dropped. Upgraded faps, galactic mission chips, changes in drop rate, expl IV, life cloaks, unlimited rings.... etc etc have caused great volatility and so large potential for loss for bankers who loan against "perceived" value.

I think for banks to be workable there needs to be more stability in markets. A pity really as your bank seemed to offer good rates for loans, but i think doing so currently would be to high a risk of your capital for minor gains.

I do hope that you can perhaps find a niche within EU, but sadly i don't think banks are the way (although of course this is just my opinion).

All the best

Dibbler

Last edited:
Alright. If you are interested in buying the bank please send me a private message with an amount you would be willing to offer. If I receive an attractive offer I might decide to sell or set it for auction, if not I will just keep the bank for now :)

See if you can move the bank to arkadia, it's the license that matters, would be better there without competition. If the dev team there was down I think it might be possible.

Back