Basic Fruit, Stone, Dung Walking Guide

Status
poop,poop,poop thats all i can find now, cant resist the urge to pick it up still. Butt its still just HEAVY poop,poop,poop:drool:

2k dung and 150 paplon in the last days, btw papplon is the only fruit I can find now. No stones, this sucks.

Lets hope that things will go back to normal with tomorow's update. After all, it was the last VU that messed the stones up...

have done about 2 hours plus with only dung finds past several days

poop,poop,poop thats all i can find now, cant resist the urge to pick it up still. Butt its still just HEAVY poop,poop,poop:drool:

something has changed there seems to be alot more dung and a few people reporting some fruit. while mining i have seen only dung since the next island debut.

something has changed there seems to be alot more dung and a few people reporting some fruit. while mining i have seen only dung since the next island debut.

Agree with you, same here..

me and some friends got the same feeling that something is bugged here. dung dung everywhere... and very rare we could find some fruits....
i wrote a support case. awaiting answer...

Yesterday I was talking with an employee of First Planet. He told me that this was a bug that we can't find any stones and he told me that this now is probably fixed. But as I understand nothing changed.

Yesterday I was talking with an employee of First Planet. He told me that this was a bug that we can't find any stones and he told me that this now is probably fixed. But as I understand nothing changed.

Thanks for this. But as you said no change yet :(

bunch of dung found last night at my usual hunting spot. I suspect balancing manager may have something to do with this so that there's enough fertilizer to go around for the new LAs when some participant actually gets their hands on Medusa's deed.

i got an answer from support. developers are aware that there is a problem and are working to fix it. until then lets collect some dung! ;)

this dung only thing is a set back but in a way its good, because i notice some stone prices have gone up compared to what they were 3 weeks ago.

i got an answer from support. developers are aware that there is a problem and are working to fix it. until then lets collect some dung! ;)

Let's be realistic - nothing appears or disappears in the game without the action of Mindark. It can't be a bug because it would be already fixed. MA took out stones because of their own reasons. Maybe they want to increase it's price but I think they want to eliminate ability to play the game without depositing. They did this successfully with sweating by making sweat so cheap that you will loose any wish to play the game without depositing. I hope that stones will be brought back in game but I understand that there is possibility that there will be no stones at all or gathering them will be not profitable.

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that maybe those thing's aren't MA's choices at all, but simply the demands of it's business partners, AKA planet partners? If indeed FPC has been acquired by SEE, maybe as MA's biggest partner (with 2 planets already announced, and plans for 2+ each year) they decided they didn't want "freeloaders", hoping to take advantage of the micro payment games mentality?

Because that would really suck...

Let's be realistic - nothing appears or disappears in the game without the action of Mindark. It can't be a bug because it would be already fixed. MA took out stones because of their own reasons. Maybe they want to increase it's price but I think they want to eliminate ability to play the game without depositing. They did this successfully with sweating by making sweat so cheap that you will loose any wish to play the game without depositing. I hope that stones will be brought back in game but I understand that there is possibility that there will be no stones at all or gathering them will be not profitable.

ok, to go more into details this is what support told me:

Our developers told me that they are indeed looking into this. They do not have an ETA for the solution but they are hoping to have this fixed as soon as possible.

there have been enough bugs that came without reason, like radar bug, storage bug etc... that took some time until they have been fixed. so i wouldn`t be that pessismistic that the this "bug" will be fixed.

Our developers told me that they are indeed looking into this.

you could give them a hint, as if you have noticed, this "bug" begins since over-the-shoulder view when in third person view implementations, and middle-mouse camera movement adjustments, it looks like side-effects of that feature - like natural stone appearance related to camera object - has not been verified and tested properly prior 11.5.0 release

Good and Bad!

Good news is that prices for stones are going up...but really i hope that its a bug that will be fixed soon for findings. I had several suppliers that quit as they could not find stones lol.

Good news is that prices for stones are going up...but really i hope that its a bug that will be fixed soon for findings. I had several suppliers that quit as they could not find stones lol.

That might be good news for those who piled up stones before (aka resellers), but not for those who "lived" out of picking up some stones.

Also I have not been able to find buyers for Rutol since this change... except for a few pec/piece from pilers.

that's insane for me.

freebies = no value (no risk for MA/FPC), its attractive for newbies who are potential depositors and those who don't want to pay won't pay, then quit the game (so, no profit anyway and a smaller comunity)

if they wanted to delete any form of freeplay they would have deleted the rig, which permits some experienced players to pay some nice sessions instead of depositing

this is clear they will never be able to delete no deposit players (because of trading for example) and this is clear they must especially not reduce them

Its nice to have fruit and stone back. Has anyone noticed if they spawn in the same vicinity anymore? I know of places where I found 5-6 clumps of fruit in a 200x200 m area- go back the next day, 2 days, week later and now nothing in the block. Do some places respawn in the same area and do some respawn but in different areas?

i have my special areas that produce more than the average amount, its always there but in a different spot in the same place:eyecrazy:

Perhaps now there are vehicles, people are not walking as much :/ I know for one that when I am playing, I will notice stuff pop up as I am stopped shooting a mob, or drilling. I don't think it is a bug as much as being able to notice them... On another note, the game owners are sitting behind a desk right now, and all laughing at us cause we can't figure out the pattern to their madness with the drops. Hahahaha

Perhaps now there are vehicles, people are not walking as much :/ I know for one that when I am playing, I will notice stuff pop up as I am stopped shooting a mob, or drilling. I don't think it is a bug as much as being able to notice them... On another note, the game owners are sitting behind a desk right now, and all laughing at us cause we can't figure out the pattern to their madness with the drops. Hahahaha

Some times the patterns were to easy as reinforced by Tikki and lonerstoner's statements. The placement and randomization of fruit in the future may just be less frequent or hard to analysis. A simple random ping to User's graphical settings might actually fix the problem of bot walkers finding fruits easier by just lower the graphical setting to near zero.

hay, thought everyone should know, seems that they speeded up walking backwards by pushing (Q) key AND you can find fruits and stones waaaaay faster by walking backwards everywhere. tried it out on amethera and found, 689 brukite, 305 truton , 238 bombardo, 735 papplon, 67 hairmois, 35nissit, still looking for rutol since last update. BTW i walked about , mining and hunting about 7 hours WOO HOO!!!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

hay, thought everyone should know, seems that they speeded up walking backwards by pushing (Q) key AND you can find fruits and stones waaaaay faster by walking backwards everywhere. tried it out on amethera and found, 689 brukite, 305 truton , 238 bombardo, 735 papplon, 67 hairmois, 35nissit, still looking for rutol since last update. BTW i walked about , mining and hunting about 7 hours WOO HOO!!!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

That's good to know.. I guess ill try that when I can get online again :)

~Danimal

So these stones are still in the game after the cryengine update?? And they're anywhere in the game for anyone to pick up? Can somebody elaborate?

And the way to find them is to press Q and just walk instead of run?

Can they be found at port atlantis as well for instance?

I have seen some stones and fruit around PA but the spawn density around there are low compared to some other places I have been looking for fruit. It can be that the ammount of newbies around there is what makes it apear lower, we will nether know.

I have seen some stones and fruit around PA but the spawn density around there are low compared to some other places I have been looking for fruit. It can be that the ammount of newbies around there is what makes it apear lower, we will nether know.

but i'd have to walk and not run correct?

I've been walking for fruits for a while now. I was mapping them for a bit but stopped.

The spawns seem random, but spawns seem to gather in areas where less people travel. That makes sense really.

There seems to be more spawns on flat ground, or close to the edge of a water body.

Amethera seems to have bigger individual spawns than Eudoria, but lately I found less in Amethera.

You used to be able to see them while driving in cars, I found hundreds like that but I think they changed that.

If you want a little advantage, put your gfx settings to low, so grass and stuff won't spawn, it makes fruits easier to see.

Those are just a few things that I observed.

Status
Back