Beacon blues...

Chimp

Prowler
Nathan Chimp Second
I have been on the second beacon that died part way through because of server issues and frankly I am annoyed about it...

...sure, MA will replace the beacon after Cat gets her support case in; but what about our decay and ammo.

Last failed beacon I went on, MA politely ignored my request for 16 PED compensation...not good enough guys...failed baecons are happening too often.

Our Soc has had 3 fail through server or other issues before this...the fourth, non-Soc one has me riled.

Got to be easy 300 PED MA has raked back from this with absolutely no gain available to the players...where is our compensation??? :mad:

I would also like failed beacons posted here...

And no, I don't mean those you can't do properly...I mean the ones that are bugged or a server crashes on you.

Last edited:
Chimp said:
I have been on the second beacon that died part way through because of server issues and frankly I am annoyed about it...

...sure, MA will replace the beacon after Cat gets her support case in; but what about our decay and ammo.

Last failed beacon I went on, MA politely ignored my request for 16 PED compensation...not good enough guys...failed baecons are happening too often.

Our Soc has had 3 fail through server or other issues before this...the fourth, non-Soc one has me riled.

Got to be easy 300 PED MA has raked back from this with absolutely no gain available to the players...where is our compensation???

I know MA reads this stuff...I would like an answer in some form, some time :mad:

I would also like ALL failed beacons posted here...

And no, I don't mean those you can't do properly...I mean the ones that are bugged or a server crashes on you.

This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. MA needs to not only safe-guard beacon runs, they should compensate the team members of a failed mission.

I was on this beacon run when the server simply crashed, conveniently shortly after the boss was killed. Loot has been bad enough lately, now I feel like I am blatantly being robbed.

I agree that it sux big time and its happened to me also in the past. Compensation would be the best case scenario but if MA compensate in one area then compensation will be expected in other areas aswell which im sure MA would not want to happen, even though its right. Ive lost the number of peds ive lost during laggy servers, mining claims etc and im sure many others would expect compensation for these also ;)

Lets hope something can/will be done, as I dont think I will be going on any more in the near future ;)

Sorry to hear that, we (society) went on a beacon mission today but we had no problems at all...

Hope Ma compensates your losses :(

as i post this im listening to the dissapointed voices of my TS freinds who are trying desperately to debug the mission they are on.

c'mon MA how many of these bugged missions are you going to let happen?
300 + peds and noones got anything to show for it? Shame on you.:bs:

Beacon Bugged

Yeah we had two 29 PED beacons bugged in the last few days.

Both were missing bots. We shot all the bots on the floors....and then meticulously searched for any we missed....there were none...and the TP up did not unlock. It has happened twice.....no word from MA yet......which frankly is unacceptable. There needs to be in game support for these types of cases...or some sort of support chat to resolve these issues. Further....we are out the ammo and the money we spent at auction. THIS IS NOT FAKE MONEY>>>>>>ITS ALL REAL!!!!

MA is taking its time in responding.

I will accept the 'odd' ctd loss or 'occasional' bugged mob...but this thread is about other matters...MA deliberately raking in profit from missions that are obviously flawed due to technical fault; be it stuck bots or server crash.

MA can track expenditure and should compensate those who lose because of these errors...in beacons, you are dealing with teams, not individuals...MA suddenly upped loot after the PhysX disaster (sorry, VU problems)...how about either giving us our ammo and decay back or upping beacon loot?

Honestly, I'm still annoyed...not for myself, but for those whose first introduction to beacons is a loss of PED and a spoiled adventure :mad:

Yeah it sucks.:(

Im sure MA will replace the becon, but i dont expect any compensation for decay or ammo.

That will bring alot of people beggin for other stuff in other areas too.

But, on beacon missions, I agree with u guys. MA should make the loot better on those and make a more stable server for those kind of missions.

Hope everything works for u guys.

GL.

hm
i have to admit, i never was on a beacon mission
and i mainly read bad stuff about it
actually, one of my soc members found a beacon, and wanted to invite us, but it seems he should rather sell it with all those problems
i will point him to this thread

went on my third beacon mission this evening. and its my SECOND one to be bugged, so thats a nice 1/3 ive finished,

first one was the drone in the wall problem, couldnt see it half to the time, or shoot it. and someone feel through the floor trying to get to it.

second one, was completed, i noticed we didnt get the maze level.

third one, invisible drone problem again on a different level. not possible to kill something you cant see, and pretty annoying when the teleporter says its locked cos there are still drones around.

so dont think I will be doing beacon missions anymore! expensive waste!

Like Wabbit just said, we just tried a beacon with some soc mates. I agree with the general concensus here that MA needs to do something about the bugs. I think on ours today we had 1 bot that could be seen by about 3 people then after they relogged noone could see it and we were stuck on level 3 or 4. I know I personally went through only 1.5k cells but there were people in our team using high power pistols and blp rifles. There needs to be something done to protect our losses from getting out of control with these bugged beacons. Hope MA will come to it's senses and start reimbursing us for these.

Beacon

The Drone in wall is a common occurance. I am not on my comp with my Screen shots but I have them of the Drone in the wall and then a bug where myself and another member of my team on the beacon fell through the wall and had to T out. These bugs need to be fixed and/or compensated for when they do occur.

:( that is a pain in the lower back.

IMO, you should be compencated for costs due to a technical fault on their behalf

SORT IT OUT MA!!! :kos:

Hmmm.. I've yet to go on a beacon ... I think I will wait ...

me and my soc have scheduled a 29 PED beacon run for November 4th. I'm wondering though if maybe we should wait on that one too. Last thing I want to do is to have 10 people all lined up ready to go and then have a major crash on the beacon server and no one can get anything out of it except a major headache.

FYI, Danielle, since our beacon run is open to non-members by invitation only, consider yourself invited since you have never been on one. I'll send you more information later when we decide if we still want to go ahead on the 4th. (Should be after the next VU, I hope.)

Please don't let this post put anyone who hasn't done a beacon off trying one...yes, there are issues; but they are great fun even if they crash. And in fairness, MA will replace any duff beacons.

My main reason for the thread is a complaint about their actions regarding compensation for ammo and decay. If bots looted on the way up I probably wouldn't even have made this post.

Everyone should try a beacon sometime...I love them myself.

One thing you should do before you go on one is make sure you have an experienced player on the team and have researched how they work on EF and wiki...it is possible to cock them up if you don't work them right ;)

I thought of one solution for this (other than fixing the bugs, since they do happen), but how well it'd work I am unsure.

When you go on the mission, all ammo spent, skills gained, decay and what have you are logged temporarily. Once you complete the mission they are permanently recorded. This means if you fall through the floor or are unable to complete the mission, you'd end up back on the planet with everything as it was before the mission began. So if bugs happen and cause you to get stuck, all you lose is the value of the beacon - not the ammo spent / decay etc.

But then again, this is just an idea off the top of my head. No doubt there's problems with this and such.... *stays quiet now*

Please file support cases, the entire party should. The magic drone head says odds are, they (missions) will be pulled rather then fixed :( They can be a lot of fun but bots sniping you through the walls and cant be killed is never a good thing.
Good luck with support, im guessing you will at least get the beacon back!

they have too pay back the Beacon and the lost peds and fix ther damn things so it works like it shude

btw it is pll real money they play whit is it fair they just rob a team for 100ped+ on a faild beacon trip

u will probably get something in return.. just ask for it in the support massage.. u probably get an en other (2) beacons in return

Rizzet said:
u will probably get something in return.. just ask for it in the support massage.. u probably get an en other (2) beacons in return

You get the beacon (single, uno, one,1) back of same value atm...nothing else, hence the thread :D

...and yeah, returned beacon can still be break-even or lose.

Believe me, I am a vetran of failed beacons :wise:

And yes, I asked...nicely the first time :rolleyes:

Chimp said:
I know MA reads this stuff...I would like an answer in some form, some time :mad:

Sorry about the loss. Anyway, this forum isn't ment for direct questions to MA. I suggest that everyone that experience similar bugs send support cases about it. Therefore the thread get a :locked:
Edit: Thread opened again under condition that the thread-starter edit his post and remove the questions direct to MA. If new posts in this thread break with forum rules, it can again be locked.

/Kjetil :cool:

Last edited:
I have removed the items that caused the thread to be blocked as per Forum rules...I humbly apologise to those who might have missed posting on this thread because of my error in terminology.

I shall never again place a specific as I did there :rolleyes:

Back on thread tho...

...how are beacon's progressing?

I'm amazed at a few things here....

1. im amazed at forum moderators who are also in game players who are able to moderate this forum as objectively as possible without letting their emotions get in their way, despite how they may be feeling for the threads they are moderating

2. im amazed at the humility of the thread starter who humbly apologised and changed what was deemed offending and yet remained objective about the whole issue

3. im amazed at MA who seem oblivious to such threads about their programming proficeincy despite the number of sell-outers and perpetual growing complaint base, while hiding behind the safety of forum moderators (who are just doing their job by the way).

4. finally im amazed that i came up with this crap. cheers!

Sionkiewicz said:
I want a new set of Angel Armor.. Please!?!?!?!?!?

Not being too greedy, I will settle for full Shadow :D

Rooney said:
finally im amazed that i came up with this crap. cheers!

rofl...I'm not ;)

Can we get back on topic now, please :) . I'd still like some more discussion on beacon's in general...specificly ones that have failed due to circumstances beyond the participants control and ways we think MA might be able to either compensate or ensure we at least feel our overheads are being met :)

yup had a bot stuck in the wall a while back
we all posted a report asking for comp for ammo ect
as it was on the last but 1 level
we got a beacon back but suprise suprise no comp
:cussing:

Chimp said:
I'd still like some more discussion on beacon's in general...specificly ones that have failed due to circumstances beyond the participants control and ways we think MA might be able to either compensate or ensure we at least feel our overheads are being met :)

well since they have already admitted, multiple times, that they keep records of what happenes ingame...so it isnt really a question of "what" they could do, it is a matter of "why" they do not do it. Especially considering the LARGE # of failed beacon missions since DAY1...obviously there are things that are much higher priority to them...if wondering what is more important, then one can judge for themselves by looking at all the things that have been added to the game and/or taken away from us in the last year and half...and by looking at what is about to come along...or about to be taken away, as the case happens to be. I am refering to things that take coders to accomplish...the same coders that can code it so that robots simply do not spawn inside of walls, shoot thru spaceship walls, etc. The spaces that robots spawn within the ships is not that large, nor are these mission anything new, nor are any of these things that hasnt been happening for well over a year now.

The reality is, if you do beacons, chaces are pretty good that you will be on one that fails due to the errors in their uncorrected programming...and you will loose a lot of $ as a result...the only person that may ever see any type of compensation is the original beacon owner (they may get a replacement beacon that may fail as well), all others get nothing but a loss.

if they gave back ped

If they gave back ped for everytime you lost ammo for example trying to shoot a exo that is not even showing up on radar. They would go broke there are so many glitches in the game if they where able to pay each person back for the errors that occur they would go broke lol

Just my 2 cents :)

ShadowLurker said:
They would go broke there are so many glitches in the game if they where able to pay each person back for the errors that occur they would go broke lol

I dont know of any examples where they have compensated people out of their own pockets...as far as I know, it has always come at the expense of the players...ie; the people who are having the money taken from them in the first place.

Rooney said:
I'm amazed at a few things here....

1. im amazed at forum moderators who are also in game players who are able to moderate this forum as objectively as possible without letting their emotions get in their way, despite how they may be feeling for the threads they are moderating

2. im amazed at the humility of the thread starter who humbly apologised and changed what was deemed offending and yet remained objective about the whole issue

Hopefully this thread will not go offtopic. If it does, it only shows the act of certain forum members. Reason for that the thread was locked at first place was because of the first post had direct questions to MA in it, and that break with the forum rules for pretty obvious reasons. It was again unlocked on a condition that the first post was edited so it did not break with the forum rules.

About moderating in combination with usual forum posting, it is important to wear 2 different hats. When I wear my "moderation-hat" I focus only on the moderation and when I wear my regular hat, I post my opinions as any regular forumuser.

Offtopic posts in this thread has now been deleted and the thread will be monitored.

Now back to topic.

/Kjetil :cool:

Back