Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

both 500 stacks added yesterday sold , seems there are some peds ingame after all :)

Its more interesting that there doesn't seem to be a sudden influx of rare, high-markup items on market as a result of this sale...

..I really thing EU is now entering a new phase of it's development.... and potentially have a bright future..

well, hopefully, may be in a future we'll see full scale financial market here with trading companies, spread betting and all that, why not allow other types of shares representing mobs, societies etc ?

Did i miss something? what steady investment?

Check the farmville posts in here.

I can already SEE how the powerfull resellers will vote for your gameplay, because THEY will have the power then.

gothenburg.jpg

Ever heard of the dictatorship ? ,-)​

well, hopefully, may be in a future we'll see full scale financial market here with trading companies, spread betting and all that...

Yes yes, the ingame companies are on their way...since 2003.

Im not against individuals here. I dont care for annual reports or money. (as long as there are no castles mentioned)
I enjoy(ed) "Project Entropia" as a whole. Not this bling bling universe. But PE is not dead yet. Else I would be gone long ago.
Im anti-MA for now but I cant leave PE behind the way it is. See my blog and youll know why. ^^

The idea as such is great. For example I loved the stock market idea in hadesheim in 2005.
Introducing th IPO-Idea via acres is the wrong way in my opinion. Its the MA way.

We will talk again in 2013. When we all come together on the forum again, discussing the "amazing new" news, while we already forgot about the cashcard, taming, the bank, the factories, the old port atlantis, the acres...

Sure you can brag about your 5 PED per month as an acres-owner and put a fat smiley behind your phrase.
And within 4 years you will already have made your 100$ back. A hourly wage of 0,003 $.

But dont forget about the steady investment you need to do to your OLA. :)

I think you are a response-bot that is programmed to automatically revile any innovation with the specific purpose of inspiring nostalgia in old-time players whilst encouraging a defensive posture from those newer players that know no better. Therefore encouraging discussion/controversy on subjects that will eventually lead to greater exposure and promoting MA's objectives. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Awesome movies though dude, love ya work :D

I can already SEE how the powerfull resellers will vote for your gameplay, because THEY will have the power then.

They will do the same regardless if I buy any deeds[1] or not. This is not a valid argument for buying the deeds or not buying the deeds. Ultimately we can play on other planets if any unfavorable aspects get voted in for Calypso.

[1] not planning to, at the moment

I think you are a response-bot that is programmed to automatically revile any innovation with the specific purpose of inspiring nostalgia in old-time players whilst encouraging a defensive posture from those newer players that know no better. Therefore encouraging discussion/controversy on subjects that will eventually lead to greater exposure and promoting MA's objectives. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Awesome movies though dude, love ya work :D

I have this urgent feeling to type my thoughts.

Its more interesting that there doesn't seem to be a sudden influx of rare, high-markup items on market as a result of this sale...

What, there is nothing outside EU - only PEDs and Teh Itamz ingame?

Most of those huge sales - depos.

They will do the same regardless if I buy any deeds[1] or not. This is not a valid argument for buying the deeds or not buying the deeds. Ultimately we can play on other planets if any unfavorable aspects get voted in for Calypso.

[1] not planning to, at the moment

I know, but that IS at least one possible possibility for now. Paying, to be able to vote. -_-

Of course they bought it to make even more PEDs. Either collecting the 30% of thousands of acres each month or reselling for exorbitant amounts of $. This is Entropia, I know.

Well yeah maybe, but the sales are so big so shortly after announcement and mostly when investment stuff like this comes ingame there are loads of uber items on the auction, especially from people who can not deposit so much so quickly :)

If I buy 30001 deeds, only my vote counts :)

ye, it's more or less clear about MA, but one question keep bothering me - why there's nothing else like EU out there?

Because PE got the crazy-rich-ppl 1st. There are other EUs out there. Too bad they suck..just like EU does now. ;/

ye, it's more or less clear about MA, but one question keep bothering me - why there's nothing else like EU out there?

because all the major game producers know that it is easier to release new games platform independent and that the big money is in the pockets of millions of small investors, not a handful of rich ones =)

J.

Well yeah maybe, but the sales are so big so shortly after announcement and mostly when investment stuff like this comes ingame there are loads of uber items on the auction, especially from people who can not deposit so much so quickly :)

Every year there is a big sale. People know that and prepare accordingly - there had been a certain influx of uber items and skills lately, probably by those that knew that they had to sell before the announcement of this years sale to get a good price...

Every year there is a big sale. People know that and prepare accordingly - there had been a certain influx of uber items and skills lately, probably by those that knew that they had to sell before the announcement of this years sale to get a good price...

an uber selling out skills might take more than one year - they must have known this long ago... =)

J.

Not necessarily. It has been promised that those with more deeds will have a bigger voting power, not that it will scale linearily with number of deeds, or that a simple majority will be enough.

Quit making assumption already about what the political system will look like.

And this makes it less interesting? Did you look at auction when motherships were being sold?

Quite sure MA will have the final say anyway - if they are totally against it, they won't make it... So stop with the conspiracy theories that resellers will take over Calypso...

Last edited:

maybe, but you'll get tired of hitting the vote button at the voting booth when you have to hit it once for every deed you own because MA will make the system that way and won't be able to fix that bug for god knows how long?

Last edited:
And this makes it less interesting? Did you look at auction when motherships were being sold?

Motherships is different story, it's ingame items, which not bring profit as those investment. Yes, MS'es was expensive, but it's nothing to compare with current deeds.

Also, it's different story, because those MS'es was sold at a peak of market activity, compared to current state. Now market is "dead". Now it's very hard to sell something, MU is going down, etc-etc.

And there goes my kudos to MA, they hit that action in absolute right time.

Many people overstocked. Can't free PEDs fast, or just don't want to lose MU. But they want to get shares. And they still have money IRL, it's not even mid of november.

And here is goes depos-depos-depos.

Some people blame (as always) here MA for their "incompetence", and such stuff, with organization of share-sales.

Oh, MA acting very, very professional and most effective.

Quite sure MA will have the final say anyway - if they are totally against it, they won't make it... So stop with the conspiracy theories that resellers will take over EU...

Any votes will anyways be for Calypso only, not EU.

Any votes will anyways be for Calypso only, not EU.

Anyone know, what polls will be? (smile.jpg)

Do you want loot mostly of:

[ ] Ammo
[ ] Oils
[ ] I don't want loot!

The more I think about this the more I think this was great move for the game by MA.
All profit from thes deeds people wont withdraw.

Yes, it was a smart move from MA. They again made 6mil $ out of thin air with no legal risk.
Yes, it was a smart move from MA to introduce planets. They made a few mil $ out of thin air.
Yes, it was a smart move from MA to introduce banks. They made 5mil $ out of thin air.
Yes, it was a smart move from MA to introduce L items. They made a lot of money from them.

The question for me is not wether MA is smart or not. For me the question is: Do I want to spend some money for their service? And it's a definitive no for this question.

Guess there were no citizens all those years ago?...
EBN: Robot mobilization! 14 Mar 2006
The Imperial Government today issued a warning to all colonists on Calypso. Agents from the Intelligence Services have reported huge robot forces assembling around the Akbal-Cimi systems. The reports include information about new models utilizing new technologies that allow greater numbers to be teleported to Calypso. The Imperial Government urges all citizens to be extra vigilant when traveling outside the protected outposts on Calypso. Try to move in groups where possible and never travel unarmed. Together again we must face an increased robot threat and secure mankind's future on Calypso.
EBN: Robot Strength Increasing 31 Mar 2006
EBN is saddened to report that the robot chokehold on Calypso is growing tighter. Relentless waves of massive robot forces continue to attack human outposts, especially Fort Ithaca, which appears to be their main focus of aggression. Imperial recon units have now also reported robot troop buildups in the area around Fort Troy and Camp Echidna, a major assault being immanent. Up to now we’ve observed attack forces mostly made up of drones, but more and more numbers of Warrior and Trooper class robots are now being reported. Even the dreaded Warlocks have been spotted. An eerie sense of coordination seems to be a new element in this attack.

RDI, the Research Defense Institute, are tightlipped about the desperate situation, but say the colonists have at least found one piece of rare robot technology. Speculation around the supposed finding of the late Professor Barton is also being kept a secret, while colonists once again are left suffering the extreme and reckless violence. Sources within the Government say they are 'worried' about the heavy usage of the revival terminals on Calypso and that this widespread practice may result in power drains or, in the worst case scenario, a collapse of the entire revival system backbone due to the stress. EBN will follow these developments closely and keep the citizens of Calypso informed.

Even if Calypso has a solid space defense network and an advanced system of shield generators to protect the urban colony itself, it is still a hard world to live in.

Robots were normally used to gradually expand the colony as the human population grew but since the robots aren't reliable anymore the future colonization of Calypso has to be done by the settlers themselves. In order to fight the invading robots and to sway off mutant raiders and other domestic threats, the citizens of Calypso have been given access to a large variety of different weapons and armor.

The situation on Calypso has allowed weapon developers and manufacturers to field-test new weapons and sell them to the human population as part of their agreement with the local and interstellar authorities. Since government military forces aren't allowed on Calypso, citizens require new and better weapons to defend themselves and their home world. This has ultimately led to constant development of new weapons and to an expanding market offering a growing arsenal of different personal weaponry.

This is a message to all colonists and citizens of Calypso from Brigadier Carramone.
In a daring raid, Wastelander Reverend Lewis was liberated from his holding cell awaiting transport to a penal colony on Calypso's moon Kallisti. The Reverend’s former compatriots were already moved to the penal colony when the raid happened and are safely incarcerated, but Reverend Lewis and his liberators are still at large.
Surviving prison guards revealed that as he was liberated, the Reverend vowed revenge on his captors and the “bounty hunter scum” that put him in jail, and challenged anyone that would dare to face him at the Oil Rig on Saturday November 7th at 15:00 UTC.
Bounty contracts are issued on the Reverend and his liberators.
These rules apply:
There is one contract per colonist.
Bounty-hunters can collect their confirmed contract rewards from me personally at the outpost north of the Oil Rig.
The reward consists of one Vumpoor Tuhota 80 (L), one Skildek GAK 1500 (L), and one Salamander Harness SGA Edition.
Each bounty-hunter can only claim his or her reward once.
Thank you for your attention.
Brigadier Jenny Carramone

Can anyone say retcon?

If estate owners, including the apartment dwellers used to be considered citizens, they should get the right to vote too. Doesn't really matter much to me since I finally broke down and bought one of the new deeds, but for other city dwellers - might be something to rally about? (Would be nice to have a vote for each of my estates in Omegaton though ;))

Last edited:
Can those not buying deeds get to join the wastelanders and raid the deed holders from time to time?

Can those not buying deeds get to join the wastelanders and raid the deed holders from time to time?

Join me and the smugglers at Chugs Hideout instead :cool:

Back