Become an Emissary for Entropia Universe

can anyone tell me what i'm getting into if i start up a facebook page for this ap?
ive head facebook horror stories that its gives your irl info like phone numbers, address, irl name. and people get calls from random strangers about stupid thing and random drama for no reason, or get letter or packages in the mail, or even having random people come to their homes who saw their face book pages.

can anyone tell me what i'm getting into if i start up a facebook page for this ap?
ive head facebook horror stories that its gives your irl info like phone numbers, address, irl name. and people get calls from random strangers about stupid thing and random drama for no reason, or get letter or packages in the mail, or even having random people come to their homes who saw their face book pages.

I've never had that and neither have any of my friends who use FB.
If you don't want people to know your Phone Number or Address you don't have to put it in, I know I haven't.

If you don't want people to know your Phone Number or Address you don't have to put it in, I know I haven't.

I think FB wants your phone number.

ok so... how do you link your entropia account to this?:scratch2:

I don't ever remember giving it mine.

ok so... how do you link your entropia account to this?:scratch2:

With this app when you claim your item/reward you'll get an e-mail (to the e-mail address associated with the Facebook Account) with instructions on how to redeem the reward.

hmm the way it explained it made it sound like you had to link your entropia account, but the email thing seems safer.

Facebook seems to attract weirdos and people with no life who think they have a life so important that they need to share everything with anyone and everyone.

It's this excessive sharing of information that is the cause of most stories you may hear, although a fair few are probably just hype.

However, Facebook also has a huge number of normal people who like to play games, and this number is growing. A good number of these people use Facebook more or less only as a gaming platform.

All you need to create a Facebook account is an email address and a name, for which I would recommend actually using your real name.

You don't need to tell anybody where you live, what you do, show a picture of yourself, or anything else that you do not wish to.

You have complete control over what gets posted on your Facebook wall (your homepage) and who can see it.

You also have complete control over what posts you see from your "friends". If you don't want to see pictures they post, unsubscribe from them, and it's the same if you have no interest in their status updates.

You can also choose to block applications completely, which you'll probably be doing quite often with some of the games.

And lastly, just so it's clear, the Emissary App does not have any connection to your Entropia account. Everything, including claiming any rewards is completely separate and unconnected.

In short, you are in control. Facebook is nothing to be afraid of!

A phone number is only required if you purchase FB credits by mobile, or if you want to use one of their security features that sends you a code via text if you log in on a system other than the one you designated as your normal one.

hmm the way it explained it made it sound like you had to link your entropia account, but the email thing seems safer.

And for maximum safety, use a different email to the one that you have associated with EU.

Last edited:
In short, you are in control. Facebook is nothing to be afraid of!
You forgot to mention they track every step you take and gather information etc...
(carefully read every document, like you always should be very important with FB)

And why is it so hard to close your account if they are all nice and friendly? (FB that is)

Why shut people off from this by using FB...

You forgot to mention they track every step you take and gather information etc...
(carefully read every document, like you always should be very important with FB)

And why is it so hard to close your account if they are all nice and friendly? (FB that is)

Why shut people off from this by using FB...

Which is again why you only provide information you are comfortable with sharing.

Other than tracking what you do on Facebook so that adverts can be better matched to your interests, they aren't going to get anything except your IP address unless you tell them.

And so what if they know your IP address? If you are paranoid about anything or anyone knowing that then you should not be online in the first place!

As for being hard to close your account, first you need to deactivate your account which removes some aspects of it from being visible. This is designed to be temporary if you intend to return at some point. Once deactivated you can ask for your account to be deleted.

I can't see what's hard about that as all this information is readily available in the Facebook help, and it's far simpler and faster than having an Entropia account deleted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Facebook. I actually hate it, mainly because of all the crap that is on there and the people that post it.

It does however have some fun games, and by learning how to control the crap it's usable as a gaming platform.

Smart companies are reaching out to these gamers, and the even smarter ones are now starting to lure them off using Facebook in order to play their games. That's where this app comes in.

attachment.php

any similarity is purely coincidence

attachment.php

"Dear Jabb Er,
You've unlocked the 'Green Recruiter Badge' in Entropia Universe Emissary Program - congratulations!
Congratulations, you have earned your Green Recruiter badge by inviting 5 friends."

A couple friends joined the Emissary application after my invites. I received no reward whatsoever for that.
What is up with this program?

Well an unscrupulous person could invite 5 "friends" i.e. alternate accounts just to get a reward, which is why you don't receive anything for people just joining.

Well an unscrupulous person could invite 5 "friends" i.e. alternate accounts just to get a reward, which is why you don't receive anything for people just joining.

are you kidding me? first of all you are supposed to receive 500 points for someone joining the application (i received none for my actual friend, then i made an alt to doublecheck it and received nothing again).
my buddy downloaded the game through the embassy and made an account
once again i was not rewarded with 2k points
this app is a joke.

No, seriously, I just made some alts to test it and it turns out the whole friend registration is completely broken.
There is simply no way to claim any rewards for recruiting somebody.
Let's say we have two facebook users:
User A - the recruiter and user B - the recruit.
A sends an invitation to B.
User B follows the link and is directed to the blank embassy page (instead of the recruiters embassy like it's said in the FAQ).
When user B enlists it's not counted towards user A points.
The application sees the user B as an independent player rather than A's recruit.
Same goes to registering an actual game account.
Hell, there isn't even a proper link for that.
All you can do is download the game client so it's not even possible to point out who recruited you.

No free shit from MA :wise::laugh:

Last edited:
So I guess the 'project' is over.
I tried contacting Socialtype through the forum and support emails about these bugs.
It's been a week and I still haven't received a reply.

ummm?

Update:
This project is still a piece of SH*T. They have added next to nothing since the initial release. It is totally dead, what a complete waste of time. I actually hoped I might get 10 peds out of it... man what was I thinking?
Why even bother MA?

For example, did not see Cyrene there in the "Spaceport" section.

What kind of marketing is this?? I did better job when I was a teen and we I planned clever advertizements that would be placed only in some suitably picked toilets, and behind the actual water tank too, as a kind of dada ad.

Or is this again part of teh Content of Oblivion?

Wow what a disappointment

Well
I made the mistake of signing up for a Facebook account . Curiosity got the better of me about the emissary program I thought it might be neat to become a recruiter and check out some content. What a pain in the rear.

How about not making it a stupid app and just start aN affiliate program and give away the recruiting content. Take it off Facebook and open it up to the whole web. I hate to be negative but this is such a disappointment. Still glad to be back but wish I would of not wasted the time on this program.

Maybe someone can inform me what I am missing. Is the idea of a simple affiliate program out of touch?

Will there ever be any updates on this? I mean here we are yet again MA, with another failed attempt at gathering users through third party avenues.

I think it's high time that you guys re-evaluate the companies or persons you choose to do business with. I am SURE there are capable people out there who have ideas on how to grow a user base for EU and keep that user base growing through means of Social Media or the likes.

I'm not sure if it poor marketing, the incapable ability to check the company you are doing business with, or the sheer lack of commitment from you and/or them.

The possibilities are quite broad for your company to succeed int he retention of players. But your lack of follow through astounds me.

This particular venture has yielded another half-assed commitment to your faithful players. And it is setting a bad example for your company to the new players looking for just a little way to get going in this game.

The Emissary Application, while looking great, was very poorly thought out.

Will there ever be any updates on this? I mean here we are yet again MA, with another failed attempt at gathering users through third party avenues.

I think it's high time that you guys re-evaluate the companies or persons you choose to do business with. I am SURE there are capable people out there who have ideas on how to grow a user base for EU and keep that user base growing through means of Social Media or the likes.

I'm not sure if it poor marketing, the incapable ability to check the company you are doing business with, or the sheer lack of commitment from you and/or them.

The possibilities are quite broad for your company to succeed int he retention of players. But your lack of follow through astounds me.

This particular venture has yielded another half-assed commitment to your faithful players. And it is setting a bad example for your company to the new players looking for just a little way to get going in this game.

The Emissary Application, while looking great, was very poorly thought out.

Agree completely

That was some popular program. Who do we have to thank for the brilliant idea :laugh:

PS: Yeah when you think we forgot stupid ideas come back from the dead.

PS2: If this program brought even 1 player to Entropia I take my words back.

PS3: This is second most stupid idea, but no one can beat that sometricks idea :laugh:

Why are you not focused on getting Estate's which the CLD was to be used for into the game? Three years now?

Oh right I forgot. U just want quick cash.

Then this is a brilliant idea!

That was some popular program. Who do we have to thank for the brilliant idea :laugh:

PS: Yeah when you think we forgot stupid ideas come back from the dead.

PS2: If this program brought even 1 player to Entropia I take my words back.

PS3: This is second most stupid idea, but no one can beat that sometricks idea :laugh:

Please stop necro bumping old threads

Getting this error on - Facebook = = = Opera's connection attempt to entropia.manumatix.net was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Seems that company folded or are having issues, they ran 6 sites. None seem reputable or lasting, includes Hollywoodcritic.com, some site based on a twitter account for anotoly volkhover, this mysterious manumatix site, probably where the statistics were stored, and 3 hidden sites. Shows valid until 2015, none of these sites are active at the moment.

Sounds like MA inked a deal with a very very small company who could not last long enough to provide the data. Hopefully that data is still protected.

Back