Been Harassed Held for Ransom in Space or on Planet? Read!

Wildman Alpha

Stalker
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Brent Wildman Lancing
I posted this to educate players that may not know the policy about harassment and how to make it work for you if you find yourself harassed and held hostage.

Senario: Your stuck in space or on planet and getting killed repeatedly by a PvP player. They won't let you leave your current location without paying a fee to escape.

Solution: After the 2nd PK you should be aware of the situation and start screen shooting the follow on PKs ensuring to time/date stamp it. Engage in "all" chat find out why they are doing this why they won't let you leave again taking screen shots with date/time stamp. Give up on them and enter trade with them while still taking screen shots with your time/date stamp. Put the ped in trade window use the PM chat to ensure that is their intent, wait for both sides to confirm the trade but don't make it final you just want to prove their "intention". You have enough screen shoots to prove your case at this point go ahead and log out of game give the PKer time to move along and harass someone else for the time being. Take this time to log into http://www.planetcalypso.com/home/ and file your support case uploading your pics with a smile. This should earn them a temp ban at the least given the below policy listed in the EULA and on the Entropiauniverse.com site. Now that you have posted up log back into game your harasser should have moved by now I hope if not you can have the enjoyment of notifying them you just support cased them and any further actions they take will be screen shoot and posted up as well to the case.

Highlighted in red are parts that this would pertain to.
Harassment Policy
Our goal in the Entropia Universe is to create and maintain a strong community that affords its participants a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. This includes the right for participants to contest unsociable or distressing behavior.

What is harassment?
Harassment is the deliberate misuse and abuse of functions in the virtual world of the Entropia Universe in order to cause distress or offense to another participant. Virtual world functions include, but are not limited to, trading with other participants, the acquisition and use of weapons, and chatting to others. What is very important in determining whether a particular in-world function is being abused and constitutes harassment is the "intention". Is a participant deliberately trying to disrupt another participants involvement in the Entropia Universe?

While certain actions may cause distress to other participants, it is not considered harassment until it has been determined by MindArk that it was done to intentionally cause personal distress to other participants.

Any behavior that is unrelenting, inescapable, offensive and directed specifically at you or your group is also considered harassment. Derogatory and hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious or related to gender are also deemed harassment.

Penalties for harassment
Harassment in the Entropia Universe is considered a direct violation of the rules of conduct and a ruling of genuine harassment can result in warnings or immediate and permanent account suspension depending on the severity of the harassment. We have zero tolerance for harassment. The evaluation of such reports is, however, not easy and therefore we need sufficient proof to be able to act. Reports based on words only, will not be sufficient.

How can I report harassment?
If you feel that you are the victim of harassment you should contact Entropia Universe Support.

Include your own information and the full avatar name/s of the offending party, the manner of the harassment, and the dates and any logs or screenshots you have of the incidents. We will examine each case individually and make a judgment based on this examination. Rulings will be non-negotiable and if a complaint is deemed genuine harassment, both parties will be informed and the harassment acknowledged.

Interesting theory but isnt space similar to the "ol wild west"?

Caravans needed to pay ransom during this time to cross a certain area where a superior force is in control.

The term pirate also brings to mind Somalia...

I'm not a pvper. Dont even own a spaceship. Just wondering on the definition of play in-game

Well, MA has stated before that the 'harassment' rules are a bit more lax in PvP, they're not going to lock someone for asking PED to be set free, especially if you're goading them into a situation like that.

If they follow you around, call you names, excessively insult you, and are legitimately trying to attack you as a person, sure - they'll follow through with a lock.

But killing a few times in PVP... if you think MA would lock people for that - the RockStars would be perma-banned from the game long long ago :p

Stopped reading after few sentences... crying people like you are the worse thing earth has ever seen.

Too bad the tards at MA rather warn the PKer instead of sending you to buy paper tissues, or better right to hell.

EDIT:

Last edited:
...subscribed...

Stopped reading after few sentences... crying people like you are the worse thing earth has ever seen.

Too bad the tards at MA rather warn the PKer instead of sending you to buy paper tissues, or better right to hell.

Thanks for the -Rep trying to help new players! Your are an Idiot aren't you? This is to help players from what I am guessing idiots similar to you. I get PMs to assist them if I am able to sure on my way for some PK fun no crying here either way only decay to me...

I love the space PK and looting aspect DON'T TAKE it away! It is those who abuse it that irk me! Cya in my sights soon :yup:

V/R
Wildman

Well, MA has stated before that the 'harassment' rules are a bit more lax in PvP, they're not going to lock someone for asking PED to be set free, especially if you're goading them into a situation like that.

If they follow you around, call you names, excessively insult you, and are legitimately trying to attack you as a person, sure - they'll follow through with a lock.

But killing a few times in PVP... if you think MA would lock people for that - the RockStars would be perma-banned from the game long long ago :p

Agreed! My post was all about getting to the PKing players "intent"... That is what MA wants to see. Hell PvP them over and over no matter to me it is your ammo burn for nothing. But, when the PKer tries to solicit ped from you for passage that is when it becomes abuse to the system as defined in the EULA.

But, when the PKer tries to solicit ped from you for passage that is when it becomes abuse to the system as defined in the EULA.

Nah, that's not abuse of the system.. that's clever exploitation of it :)

I'd never do such a thing myself, but I'm not going to file a support case over it either. If you don't have the guns to fight back, or know someone that does - stay away from PvP zones. (in the case of space, just hire out a pilot instead of going alone - its not that expensive if you find the right people)

c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe. nuff said!

We all know pvp is pvp, but come on, is there any satisfaction of raping someone constantly back to back for personal pleasure? unless you got no life and still masturbate at 40!

Oh, come on, it's ECO!

Uber eco :smash:

I remeber when i was a noob @ segna forest before VU 9.0 and there was this guy camping at the boxes in Salamander shooting us poor noobs. I had like a H400 and was doing 1,0 dmg. It was harassment, i sent a support case and by magic, i never saw that guy over there ever again.

Sound like what Rockstars did to some newbies @ a RT teleporter with pvp between TP and revive...

Sound like what Rockstars did to some newbies @ a RT teleporter with pvp between TP and revive...

Wouldnt be surprised if this is yet another whine because of Daisy....And for the record i never charged over 5ped at any space station and when they didnt have ped i just asked for 5ped in oil/fuel :)

So MU v/s straight ped...im all about choices :yup:

Last edited:
This is not a whine thread. Although your ignorance is understandable sweety...being a rs and all.:laugh:

It is not a whiney thread but a thread that direct newbies to cry and complain about PVP...

seriously WTF ? :0

It is not a whiney thread but a thread that direct newbies to cry and complain about PVP...

seriously WTF ? :0

No dumbass.
It's about chronic harassment.

Now go look up the term chronic.

The day I have to pay a pk'er to go about my way is the day I will log out and never come back. Douchebags.

Sawshank flight insurance - rockstars service - be treated like a rockstar

The day I have to pay a pk'er to go about my way is the day I will log out and never come back. Douchebags.

Daisy Clodfinger - SawShank Spokesperson

WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Agreed Value Coverage Ped Card Payment
One Liability Charge Space Station Assistance
Zero Deductible Trip Interruption Coverage

No dumbass.
It's about chronic harassment.

Now go look up the term chronic.

You should go and look up the term

I doubt a manual where it says "start taking screenshots after second kill" is about chronic harassment?

If you PK someone in space, fair enough, that's the sytem in place at the moment, however if you are asking for PED from someone to stop what you are doing, then it is obvious that you are aware that you are spoiling someone's enjoyment of the game, which I believe is against the EULA, and as such can be reported as a complaint.

No request for PED to stop what you are doing = no foul, since you are just using the system in place, however asking for PED or goods means that you are fully aware that you are interfering with someone else's gameplay.

:twocents:

i just say:

Everything we do coming back.. the good and bad things ! It is just about KARMA!

@Wildman-Alpha

From start of PE as one futuristic sci-fi game where goal were - we against robots and wild nature MA constantly year after year and VU after VU force changed goals to we against each other.
MA added pvp1, pvp2, pvp3, pvp4,amathera, space.
They created inetntionaly pvp and all necesary to force PVE players to enter in pvp. They add each VU new metods and possibilities for harashment.
They want and force ppl into pvp and to harash each other.
They programed EU that harrashment is possible.
They reward pkers and any other kind of harashers with loot and karma.

Its silly to complain to MA for harashment when they code it, program it to make it possible.

i just say:

Everything we do coming back.. the good and bad things ! It is just about KARMA!

Karma is a tool for tools, just like religion, it also rules the fools. Now on the topic of harassment, all i can say is that it "usually" clocks in and clocks out at predictable times ;)

Last edited:
I have done a thread for this situation.
Wildman is no point to talk about it anymore this gonna just give more space for the pirates keep doing it fill a support like me with prints and I'm sure they will look it. I done it if u do it I'm not gonna be alone and maybe MA change some rules.

And another thing fight against stupid people on this forum is no point - rep is my daily food bit I'm used to it like you should be everytime you express your opinion some members here are really insane

I have done a thread for this situation.
Wildman is no point to talk about it anymore this gonna just give more space for the pirates keep doing it fill a support like me with prints and I'm sure they will look it. I done it if u do it I'm not gonna be alone and maybe MA change some rules.

And another thing fight against stupid people on this forum is no point - rep is my daily food bit I'm used to it like you should be everytime you express your opinion some members here are really insane

Oh dear Cod, now even known "exploiters" lobbying for fairness :lolup:

Karma is a tool for tools, just like religion, it also rules the fools. Now on the topic of harassment, all i can say is that it "usually" clocks in and clocks out at predictable times ;)

ok, you know everything... i know you will get your karma... :)

ok only been in space a couple of times and cannot comment to the OP on his situation although I do agree but did get 'bumped' by two RS including daisy which stopped me from being able to land. So was not shot but was hassled.

Just want to point out that this is so lame and prolly against EULA more than being shot repeatedly in pvp

Back