best armour

Queen

Old Alpha
Queen Queen Jezebel
what is the very best armour to buy and how much do you think it woul cost? :)

the best allaround armor in game seems to be shadow and the current price for it is around 30k PED.

Ragna Rock said:
the best allaround armor in game seems to be shadow and the current price for it is around 30k PED.

if you are talking allaround that is yes.

but: it decays like hell. so what you should do: if you are a beginner: use pixie
a little while later goblin or right to rascal

after that vigilante or nemesis

after that angel

then shadow

then anything you can afford

this is because, the people who have shadow armor are mostly having high evade and dodge too, and most of the time dont even need armor or just rascal to complete what they are hunting. (f.ex. faustian goes with rascal to neconu i believe)

they use these low end armor because those armor are way more efficient, and they dont need much more.

so, if you follow the armor tips above, you will do fine

What do you think about buying a ghost after rascal?

kalanen said:
What do you think about buying a ghost after rascal?

ghost is a possiblity, but only if u want to pay alot. ( i got ghost and it decays alot)
then nemesis is a better choice

Pretender said:
ghost is a possiblity, but only if u want to pay alot. ( i got ghost and it decays alot)
then nemesis is a better choice

right. that decaying thing. just got exited for in pe-trade markups of ghost seemed to be around 10% compared to markups of nemesis.

besides, just got out of orange noob-suit, so black and orange design of nemesis :)

maybe it's vigi then.

kalanen said:
right. that decaying thing. just got exited for in pe-trade markups of ghost seemed to be around 10% compared to markups of nemesis.

besides, just got out of orange noob-suit, so black and orange design of nemesis :)

maybe it's vigi then.

vigi is good.
for bots mostly. get an nice rifle (ff 8000M or higher) full figi and 5c plating and you can cutdown warrior gen 4 i think.
(i did gen 3 with ghost+5c)

I love my Vigi. I wouldn't change it for the world :)

Oh hang on... I'm talking crap. I could *probably* be persuaded to shrug it off and slap it into storage for a nice set of Shadow :cool:

Vigi is pretty fair on the decay costs and offers me adequate protection against my mob of choice (Atrox). Teamed up with my 2A plates, I'm as happy as a pig in shi... erm a nice bubble bath ;)

ultimababe said:
Vigi is pretty fair on the decay costs and offers me adequate protection against my mob of choice (Atrox). Teamed up with my 2A plates, I'm as happy as a pig in shi... erm a nice bubble bath ;)

Now you said it -- Atrox!

As being a noob, we currently have this 3-3 on scoreboard with atroxes, so I take your opinion v-e-r-y seriously :)

vigi it is.

full stop.

I believe Nemesis is quite good against Atrox as well. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

You're not wrong.. it offers slightly more protection than the much cheaper and less decay-mad Vigi

I refuse to upgrade to Nemesis as I believe it would be a complete waste of money for all the extra protection it gives

You dont need a ph4t PED card to buy yourself full Vigi... but you just compare the price vs protection & decay to Nemesis. IMO Vigilante is a much better deal :)

Personally, if I had to do it again...

skip the low end armors... you don't need them hunting low end mobs. Instead, get a good ( decent ) FAP for that money.

Using the FAP you gain skills, the low end armor just costs a lot of money to go out hunting mobs, your weapons and your skill are not suited for. You're better off hunting lower end mobs, until you have more money ( and higher skills to more efficiently use better weapons ).

If you want to get an armor, start with Vigilante or Knight... move up to Nemesis ( if applicable ) or use some plates. Then make tons of money and get the really high end stuff ;)

That'll save you a lot of money... and get you more playing fun ;)

queen said:
what is the very best armour to buy and how much do you think it woul cost? :)

Hmm if your just start...

Pixie
Rascal
Paladin
Nem/Vigi depending on hunting style

This is how I have progressed and am very happy with Them right now!

yes vigi is nice and if u buy a few set of plates to fit the mobs u hunt it will do u good but best armor is as far as im concerned angel but to utilize that good armor u need good skills else u can easely loose alot

Hally said:
yes vigi is nice and if u buy a few set of plates to fit the mobs u hunt it will do u good but best armor is as far as im concerned angel but to utilize that good armor u need good skills else u can easely loose alot

is there somewhere any charts, of what sort of damage each mob inflicts?

Pretender said:
if you are talking allaround that is yes.

but: it decays like hell.

Just one correction - you have no idea what you talking about:) Shadow virtually don`t decay at all comparing with other armors with same or higher protection. And it is best armor for everyday use. Eon is used twice per year on LGs, Sentinel, Supremacy.... You must be millionaire to use it:)

I swear by rascal and 5A plates, ultra good decay , its good to see some plates that actually decay less then rascal :)

ultimababe said:
You're not wrong.. it offers slightly more protection than the much cheaper and less decay-mad Vigi

Vigi decays more than Nemesis,atleast when me and a mate tested it when the first full Vigi sets arrived

Nostrop said:
Just one correction - you have no idea what you talking about:) Shadow virtually don`t decay at all comparing with other armors with same or higher protection. And it is best armor for everyday use. Eon is used twice per year on LGs, Sentinel, Supremacy.... You must be millionaire to use it:)

If you compare Angel to Shadow then Angel would win everytime if you hunted big trox for instance,if you got a decent fap

Doh,double post :rolleyes:

kalanen said:
is there somewhere any charts, of what sort of damage each mob inflicts?

http://pe-addict.com/mainsite/mobs/

this chart only covers types of damage. i believe minder's excel charts have good information for amounts of damage, and i think someone else was working on that as well... thats a tough area because amounts of damage can change from vu to vu, but types shouldnt.

Knuckles said:
If you compare Angel to Shadow then Angel would win everytime if you hunted big trox for instance,if you got a decent fap

With decent fap you don`t need armor at all ;)

Nostrop said:

but then you would need decent hp too :)

I will answer the queston as my old college professors would have if I had asked them: The best armor for you to buy "depends on a lot of variables." I always loved that answer "it depends" :D It is difficuilt to give one definite answer for your question, although many have outlined similar armor purchase paths that have been effective for them, and you could follow with the same success.

My armor purchase path was:

Pixie > Rascal > Nem

I have added full sets of 5b and 6a plates depending on the circumstances. I don't fight enough electric, acid and cold dmg mobes to need any of those other plates that protect against them.

Nostrop said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it would be more accurate to say, Ceteris Parabis (other things the same) the higher your evade/dodge the lower your requirement for armor.

Obviously, there are a lot of other variables and dependencies to consider here, mainly hp, the dps and type of dmg of the mob your trying to kill. But from what I understand, Evade and Dodge are the two Defensive skills that reduce the mobs ability to hit you, effectively reducing your dependency on armor (and fap).

Armor and Faps are just tools we use to extend our hp thus allowing us to stand and fight a mob that is above our av's capability for a longer period of time allowing us to get them, before they get us.

In fact, If you appropriately match up hp, mob dmg, weapons, and skills, then you can kill the mob without using armor or fap at all.

I like to do this every once in a while to see how my skills are progressing. I can see this by the steadily increasing difficulty of the mob I am killing without the use of armor and fap. This usually works until the mobs gang up on me! Then its usually a trip to the revival terminal :D

Side note, It always cracks me up when a player in armor fighting the same mobs see's me get killed and calls me a noob in disgust at my attempt to kill a mob with no armor! Yeah, I'm a noob, so what ??? :D (edit: I never leave a half dead mob in the field to harrass others if I can help it, I will put armor on and tp back to kill it if I need to)

Early on in my PE experience, I met Manic, who helped me get revenge on a Neconu provider that killed me when I was in my pixie and had considerably less skills then I have now :D He was able to kill this neconu in his street clothes, and I think he took one hit from the thing that did not even phase him... This drove home the point of having high evade to me and has been my quest every since.

I also enjoy seeing how much more dps I am able to deliver based on my quest for ever more powerful weapons, but that's just another variable in the equation :D

If you have high enough evade/dodge, you don't need to waste money on decay of armor or fap.

With that said, I am in the market for Angel and better faps, because I am always pushing the limit of my av's ability to kill harder and harder mobs. I am not ready for shadow yet, but someday... That is how I have fun. I love the challenge of it. That's what I enjoy doing with my fun money.

Cheers, looking forward to your responses.

Last edited:
:) thanx guys this is a great help seeing i know nothing about armour.
but clothes i love i would have a change every day of the year if i could. :D

All I know about armour is that any and all of it that I find, is for the oppersite gender.

Tis a shame, whats wrse is the bits I have found don't seem to sell anyways!

Like Knight Thighs(f) :/

Mac said:
I will answer the queston as my old college professors would have if I had asked them: The best armor for you to buy "depends on a lot of variables." I always loved that answer "it depends" :D It is difficuilt to give one definite answer for your question, although many have outlined similar armor purchase paths that have been effective for them, and you could follow with the same success.

My armor purchase path was:

Pixie > Rascal > Nem

I have added full sets of 5b and 6a plates depending on the circumstances. I don't fight enough electric, acid and cold dmg mobes to need any of those other plates that protect against them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it would be more accurate to say, Ceteris Parabis (other things the same) the higher your evade/dodge the lower your requirement for armor.

Obviously, there are a lot of other variables and dependencies to consider here, mainly hp, the dps and type of dmg of the mob your trying to kill. But from what I understand, Evade and Dodge are the two Defensive skills that reduce the mobs ability to hit you, effectively reducing your dependency on armor (and fap).

Armor and Faps are just tools we use to extend our hp thus allowing us to stand and fight a mob that is above our av's capability for a longer period of time allowing us to get them, before they get us.

In fact, If you appropriately match up hp, mob dmg, weapons, and skills, then you can kill the mob without using armor or fap at all.

I like to do this every once in a while to see how my skills are progressing. I can see this by the steadily increasing difficulty of the mob I am killing without the use of armor and fap. This usually works until the mobs gang up on me! Then its usually a trip to the revival terminal :D

Side note, It always cracks me up when a player in armor fighting the same mobs see's me get killed and calls me a noob in disgust at my attempt to kill a mob with no armor! Yeah, I'm a noob, so what ??? :D (edit: I never leave a half dead mob in the field to harrass others if I can help it, I will put armor on and tp back to kill it if I need to)

Early on in my PE experience, I met Manic, who helped me get revenge on a Neconu provider that killed me when I was in my pixie and had considerably less skills then I have now :D He was able to kill this neconu in his street clothes, and I think he took one hit from the thing that did not even phase him... This drove home the point of having high evade to me and has been my quest every since.

I also enjoy seeing how much more dps I am able to deliver based on my quest for ever more powerful weapons, but that's just another variable in the equation :D

If you have high enough evade/dodge, you don't need to waste money on decay of armor or fap.

With that said, I am in the market for Angel and better faps, because I am always pushing the limit of my av's ability to kill harder and harder mobs. I am not ready for shadow yet, but someday... That is how I have fun. I love the challenge of it. That's what I enjoy doing with my fun money.

Cheers, looking forward to your responses.

Great reply mate! Now if only I could figure out what mobs to hunt while naked with my @1500 evade. Ideas?

Trakkur said:
Great reply mate! Now if only I could figure out what mobs to hunt while naked with my @1500 evade. Ideas?

try it with armax cow young and bulls young.... I killed each one of them with an 1x0 axe yesterday, no armor, and I didnt die at all...
and I have much less evade than u have :D

Ragna Rock said:
try it with armax cow young and bulls young.... I killed each one of them with an 1x0 axe yesterday, no armor, and I didnt die at all...
and I have much less evade than u have :D

LOL! Sure, I'll do that. Cow Youngs do aroud 20 dmg to me in Rascal and Bull Youngs over 30. Even with 118HP I won't last long unarmored.

I'd have to SEE you doing that to believe it Ragna.

Trakkur said:
LOL! Sure, I'll do that. Cow Youngs do aroud 20 dmg to me in Rascal and Bull Youngs over 30. Even with 118HP I won't last long unarmored.

I'd have to SEE you doing that to believe it Ragna.

I couldnt believe it yesterday but they had miss me all the time :D

Back