Best Video Card For PE

m0rr0w

Mature
Hi I was wandering if the older video cards work better for PE and which model works best for you.

ram is more important than gfxcard in this game imo :f
althoug someone in my soc is having alot of problems because of an older videocard, but he cant replace it since its integrated or something dno ^^

Depends what you mean by 'older'. I, for example, run an FX5900XT based card and that is 'old' nowdays but it works fine. There isn't that much challenging stuff, graphics-wise going on in PE. The bottlenecks are bandwidth and possibly CPU power I would guess. Haven't kept an eye on CPU usage while in game but I'll have a look now :)

Jal

all this is from my understanding as things and not gospel ;)

but tis a mix of your entires system. Your computer will only run as fast as the slowest part. You can have a Bad A$$ system, give it a slow RPM HD and watch it crawl (relativly) :D ..............

As far as graphics cards go. I would say either ATI or NVIDIA due to the fact that they are amongst the biggest manufacturers and have the resources to test their cards with alot of configs (plus its recommended by MA). Get the most ram you can on a card and in your system. The more RAM you have in the comp the more it can load in RAM and go to the HD less (RAM runs faster then a Harddrive can).
Your Internet connection will also add to reduced gameplay, but thats another issue ;)

If I am wrong on anything, someone please correct me as Im not a certified comp guy :)

Hope this helps

I run ATI Radeon 9550 and status is right, but the fastest pc/cpu/gpu whatever still won't be able to process anything that is lag induced.

But more vid card memory will relieve the pagefile on the HD, increasing speed..since this game is RPG, most is detrimental to your INET connection.

Back