beter way for random prize for events ?

Jeffe

Alpha
Society
Irken Invaders
Alex Jeffe Sailor
Im Jeffe and Im noobtarded. Hope that is not offensive to anyone but me. Along side my beer drinking and other beneficial attributes in real life, I participate in some of the events that are held. These are all most appreciated and well run. Im just wondering about the random drawing's held at the end of events for fourth prizes, or when someone donates the prize they rightfully claimed. Usually the giver or the placer will pick a random number from 1 to the max number of participants, and that place will take the booty. This doesn't seem right, as I always have society mates and other friends in the event and could just ask what they ended up as. I have never heard a complaint of this and have never done so, but there has to be a better way. For instance, early in the event ask number 15.. for random number, then ask that place for another number, then whatever they pick gets the random prize at the end of the event. I know this creates other situations and probs, but seems better better than the before mentioned. Any other ideas out there?

I've never seen a random prize given out on that basis. It's always been chosen at random from a list made by the event organiser - nothing to do with positions in the event.

For forum events I use a number generated from the UK National Lottery draw, using a modulo function.

I don't think it's based on your finish-place number. I think it's probably based on the order you signed up. At least, I think that's the way random prizes were handled at some of the Exa-Mania events hosted by HU.

Back