Bjorn says MA checking into Crafting Success Rate

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
Hello all, just saw a post on the Entropia Forum: Crafting success rates?

Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
Just wanted to post a quick note that we are following the forum discussions on this issue -along with support cases received- and we are investigating.

So probably a good idea to stop crafting until next update or until MA says it's been fixed.

Last edited:
Bjorn's comment didn't improve my confidence as it implies they don't yet know what is causing the issue. :eyecrazy:

However, I've already stopped crafting, awaiting the loot reset. Only BP not in my apartment now is a cheap component bp which I've kept out for testing purposes, I'll do a run once a day so I can see when the bug is fixed.

Last edited:
What is this in reguards to? Your post is vague and his post is vague as well. I do not see where he mentions anything about crafting and from his statement you took it as "don't craft because it's bugged". Do, explain, please.

~Danimal

Everyone should pay attention to this(bug?)! Its hard to sell anything, so its hard to get PEDs for other runs. All the activities are down, so are the MUs on loot(It may take some time to raise to previous numbers).
I dont want to mine for TT terminl. I think many would agree on this one.
Good luck everyone and be careful :)

What is this in reguards to? Your post is vague and his post is vague as well. I do not see where he mentions anything about crafting and from his statement you took it as "don't craft because it's bugged". Do, explain, please.

~Danimal

Crafting success rates?

So in a nut shell, there is a "supposed" crafting bug that a handfull of people reported and because Bjorn said he would look into it you get from that to stop crafting? :scratch2:

Doesn't seem logical to me. It's also the summer months so more people are outside once winter rolls around again more people will be active and cause prices to go up again.

~Danimal

How fast would this have been fixed if the bug gave players 100% success rate?

So in a nut shell, there is a "supposed" crafting bug that a handfull of people reported and because Bjorn said he would look into it you get from that to stop crafting? :scratch2:

Doesn't seem logical to me. It's also the summer months so more people are outside once winter rolls around again more people will be active and cause prices to go up again.

~Danimal

No, every crafter, as far as I know, is affected. If some aren't then Mindark should be investigating those avatars RIGHT NOW to see what the exploit is.

~Danimal

The link above is only an offshoot of THIS LINK - which Few Scars kindly posted on EF. A lot more people have reported this.

--Mod's note--
Thread title edited
--/Mod's note--

Bit of a stretch to go from

"Hey thanks for contacting us. We'll investigate to see if anything is really wrong"

to

"Official notice! Abandon crafting all ye who enter!"

that your original thread title implies.

Yes I'm aware of the reports of crafting success drop. But that doesn't mean Bjorn said to stop crafting. That's personal choice.

--Mod's note--
Thread title edited
--/Mod's note--

Bit of a stretch to go from

"Hey thanks for contacting us. We'll investigate to see if anything is really wrong"

to

"Official notice! Abandon crafting all ye who enter!"

that your original thread title implies.

Yes I'm aware of the reports of crafting success drop. But that doesn't mean Bjorn said to stop crafting. That's personal choice.

Agreed, thanks for fixing the title :)

~Danimal

-

Very true, just pointing out that MA did go out of their way to post a comment about the issue were well we really never see any posts from MA all that often so any post saying that there could be an issue and they may look into an issue is well a warning to all that you should watch out when crafting or stop until heard that there is no problem or that there will be a fix to the problem.

But yes, no right or wrong here.

--Mod's note--
Thread title edited
--/Mod's note--

You should go into newspaper business, you could write such fine headlines as "Alleged murderer supposedly slashed victim's throat". :)

I agree that changing the title was necessary, just sayin' that "X says Y looking into Z" is a common pattern in media when there isn't much news but they need to fill the page/feed/whatever.

So this is why those 3 clicks I did trying to make a Karma Killer 4 years ago were unsuccessful. :(:popcorn::rofl:

So this is why those 3 clicks I did trying to make a Karma Killer 4 years ago were unsuccessful. :(:popcorn::rofl:

Try 100 or 1000 or 10k clicks and you'll notice a big decrease in succes rate

How fast would this have been fixed if the bug gave players 100% success rate?

Well, it took them really a lot of time before they noticed that some poles were repairing their Level 13 mining amps (or was it non-decaying? whatever, they were profiting and sucking money out of the system), even with some ppl, who stumbled upon the bug as well, reporting the issue. So don't expect much though.

Back