Info: BlackHawk 15$/month project

Even if in EULA I can make new character I will not. Try to hunt combibo with TT blade and tell me how you feel mentally after few hours. I use to hunt big atrox and no is not the same.

Now imagine doing that with no skilled character what you try to kill me?:rolleyes:

Even if in EULA I can make new character I will not. Try to hunt combibo with TT blade and tell me how you feel mentally after few hours. I use to hunt big atrox and no is not the same.

Now imagine doing that with no skilled character what you try to kill me?:rolleyes:

Where's the difference? An Atrox is doing damage so is a combibo. I guess you just like to have a greater challenge i.e. hunting mobs above your level. This might the reason why you can't play on $15/month.

You are right, is harder for you to go back to those mobs. However, you should have hunted those at their time. For a new player is something to discover in them.
Use pixie armor and go hunt something bigger. Not to big. Go hunt berycled N of Zeus. Or Kerberos around Atlas Heaven. Combibo may also work. Or foul. There are few options...
I suggest you use the TT fap, or next L fap you have maxed. T10 or SK20.

I would say to stay away from tantilion until you have some plates on pixie, but that is agreat mob to skill SB. It also gives skills a lot faster.

Now that what I like to hear.:wtg:

Yes I will get pixi as for the fap is ok I don’t fap to much any way and I don’t count decay from the fap in the test.

But is true that I need little range of mobs to be able to keep it up as fun remember if it start not to be fun ppl quit for that reason to, as long you do something is fun and make friends it can only motivate me.

Ty for the advices let murder now.:wtg:

Where's the difference? An Atrox is doing damage so is a combibo. I guess you just like to have a greater challenge i.e. hunting mobs above your level. This might the reason why you can't play on $15/month.

Well all depends what you call level, I will think once you get 3.5k + evade and can use maxed HL8+what ever amp you can afford in full jag + 5B plates atrox alpha or AOA is not challenge.:scratch2:

Hoglo is challenge and I don’t hunt those.;)

But what is our goal to hunt combibo for the rest of mine life or to skill up to 10k HG?

Cos I aim for the 10k HG.

Well all depends what you call level, I will think once you get 3.5k + evade and can use maxed HL8+what ever amp you can afford in full jag + 5B plates atrox alpha or AOA is not challenge.:scratch2:

Hoglo is challenge and I don’t hunt those.;)

But what is our goal to hunt combibo for the rest of mine life or to skill up to 10k HG?

Cos I aim for the 10k HG.

Well there's the problem: the goal is to play at $15 and not being uber as fast as possible [or being uber at all]. That's the difference between EU and games like WoW.

I will need to test and see if you can still kill combibo or snark with shortblade with no armor at low level. Or in pixie. If you can, you can move to mobs that are not cowards.

I've been skilling a little bit on Combibo with an unlimited Scratcher 1, which is only a tiny bit better than the TT blade, and can take them down quite quickly. Of course my evade skills make it much easier for me to hunt them without armour but I'm sure they'd be doable for a noob with pixie and maxed TT blade. Probably not during the learning period though, regen would make that too hard I think.

The repair bill would be quite challenging :D

What you could also do is contact MA and ask permission to make a second "blank" avatar I am sure David will grant you that if you promise to make some kind of report. What you are basicly doing.

I'm sure he will. I'm also quite sure he'll take steps in the control room to ensure the "proper" outcome of the experiment. Don't forget we're dealing with MA here.
You think they can't/don't/won't do sh!t like that, I got a bridge I'd like to sell ya....

Well there's the problem: the goal is to play at $15 and not being uber as fast as possible [or being uber at all]. That's the difference between EU and games like WoW.

Well I believe we all (maybe not all) can share few thinks in common like what fun we expect for what kind money we spend and what kind goals we make.

Now don’t get me wrong on the next part, but I see EU in what I like the most = hunting really repetitive, I was already talking about this but how long someone can play game if all he do for example is kill combibos (two months, 3 months, half year ) I guess that part will depend from individual to individual…
But first and most game must be fun if is not fun why spend time to play it? cos I can make money in Entropia ? Alright let agree with that but there is small problem I work already IRL so why I will come home and play something in which I need to work again? Actually I just found something there… how about many ppl don’t stay not because it cost alot to play but they feel like they work and not play?

I don’t say I want to be uber (to me am already uber) I wanted to kill range of mobs that now I can with no effort from this point is all bonus.
But I admit one day I will like to post SS off 10k skills in HG.

Last part I don’t play WoW is to childish I play EvE hard core, and believe me it take much brain to be uber in EvE as it takes in Entropia, EvE everyone know is complicated game.

The ultimate goal for me in Entropia will be to log in and just enjoy the fun, right now am on that quest did not succeeded yet. But I admit as off today if friend asked me hay I like to get in new game what do you propose, sadly I will direct him to space wars game and not to Eu just because right now is not fun yet for 15$ month (again this is what I think it may not reflect what someone else can think we are all individuals and like or dislike thinks).

But hay let get positive there is CE2 on the way maybe I will get more fun…;)

You are right, is harder for you to go back to those mobs. However, you should have hunted those at their time. For a new player is something to discover in them.
Use pixie armor and go hunt something bigger. Not to big. Go hunt berycled N of Zeus. Or Kerberos around Atlas Heaven. Combibo may also work. Or foul. There are few options...
I suggest you use the TT fap, or next L fap you have maxed. T10 or SK20.

I would say to stay away from tantilion until you have some plates on pixie, but that is agreat mob to skill SB. It also gives skills a lot faster.

During my eco-project i noticed that Fouls give very diverse loot. I often went out with 20-30 ped ammo and unamped opalo and i could come back with 5-70 ped loot. I would stay of the fouls since you dont get that much bones anyway.

I'm sure he will. I'm also quite sure he'll take steps in the control room to ensure the "proper" outcome of the experiment. Don't forget we're dealing with MA here.
You think they can't/don't/won't do sh!t like that, I got a bridge I'd like to sell ya....
Yes, that's also the problem with this whole test.
Start a Project Whatever on EF or announce your test running and results are of course better than average.
FUMA as usual.

Start a Project Whatever on EF or announce your test running and results are of course better than average.
FUMA as usual.

Of course in reality MindArk isn't the small company they pretend to be. They have Millions of employees tracking all forums, the ingame chat, every PM you sent, your spending, your returns and your mood. At night Marco sneaks into your room installing a small camera to watch your RL behaviour and adjust your returns :laugh:

Keep the conspiracy coming. All the blogs and the returns aren't unusual.

Ultimately this is not a true test to see if a new player can survive / play on $15/month.

You already have knowledge about EU's items and mobs plus you don't have that noob effect running through your veigns when on every kill you think will be the big one.

A truer test would be a get friend who's never played EU to create an avatar give them 150ped (not counting the deposit fee) and then let them get on with it, monitor their progress each day. If they make mistakes that costs them ped then its truer to the spirit of the test.

Of course in reality MindArk isn't the small company they pretend to be. They have Millions of employees tracking all forums, the ingame chat, every PM you sent, your spending, your returns and your mood. At night Marco sneaks into your room installing a small camera to watch your RL behaviour and adjust your returns :laugh:

Keep the conspiracy coming. All the blogs and the returns aren't unusual.

No need to track but one forum, this one, and they do*. And they have the capability to know what any avatar is doing at any given time, perhaps not all of them at once of course but whoever they feel like monitoring they will. They can also cause special drops, likewise withhold them -- think of it as one of their "Events", but for one person.
They BUILT this world, you think they don't have minute control over it whenever they want?

IMO any real experimentation needs to be done on the serious Down Low and after it's all over with and recorded, then come on here and announce what you did, how you did it, and what the results are.

Then and only then will you have trustworthy accurate results. Hopefully you won't get the results deleted and a ban out of it.

* you think they don't know about the other forums? ...please...

not sure if it's relevant to your test, but i kept close track of all my skill gains vs tt loot return, and long story short. i bought a powerclaw mentor edition tt+1400 ped, use the tt smacker till i got to sib for the powerclaw ME then started grinding in swamp camp off dakiba, combibo, berys, total decay spent on fixing claw was 3348.79ped my total tt value of loots was 2238.54peds after mark up was 2372.85ped (this is the actual amount i sold all the loots for), but at the same time i chipped out power fist skill 3x 10.18ped, 15.68ped, and 11.86 .ped which i sold on auction for a total of 1027.15 ped minus the auction listing/closing fees and we'll just say 850% on esi (they were esi i looted off of aurlis) actual skills ped value was rougly 653 ped. but my main goal was to gain melee damage skill for hp boost, so point being it was roughly break even for me if i include all the other skill gains that i did not chip out. however it was boring as heck and the entire 3 weeks i stayed there grinding did not get a single global off of dakkiba or combibo only two off of berys. oh and i used no armor and no faps, plenty of ppl gave me heals and focus the whole time i was there in swamp camp. umm i forgot what the point of my post was:scratch2:

Hi,

Grecu:
i'll just give u 1 example
made 1.5k skills in 2 days of killing kerberos with Loughlin Cutter One (L) and Loughlin Cutter Two (L)
loses were 20 ped without any global (total 6-7 hours cant remember right it was 2 months ago)
Sry, but the post you was quoting/ responding to was all about how the value of loot from small skilling mobs has changed.

I don't doubt your skill gains on Kerberos, actually I really love these and hunt 'em often - they are most harmless, and often give good TT. But I might add that I get close to zero skills for my LB profession, no matter if I use TT blade or Embra - maybe beyond 5K they get greedy?

Tian:
Try to hunt combibo with TT blade and tell me how you feel mentally after few hours.
I can tell you - you're getting red eyes, hairs will start to stick out without any hair gel, you'll become most aggressively and will yell to pet/ child/ partner on the slightest pretense. Your fingers will start to bleed, fume will come out of your keyboard and/ or mouse, the sky will darken, lightning and thunder will surround you, finally the sky will drop exactly onto your poor head.
At least you'll feel this way ... ;-)))

I did for quite some time for a test, TT knifing young Combibos at the hill near Swamp Camp. Not only did I lose seriously, it also damaged some of my few remaining synapses irreparably, my cat hates me since, and my partner since has this strange expression when looking at me - so I'd not recommend to repeat such an experiment. It just does no good, believe me! Been there, done that.

Maybe this is part of the problem regarding the different opinions about the $15?
I have often been, and I still often am in a situation very similar - that I'm very low on PED's, and just don't want to feed new cash yet again. This requires eco hunting on small mobs, until either some luck has brought some PED's again, or until I just cannot stand it anymore & deposit again.
I know the grind, and I know its most ugly face. Every single pimple.

Additionally, I nearly always have some newbies on FL that I care of. Knowing that sponsoring 'em too much wouldn't do too good means that I very often participate in their daily life, suffering the same "have PED - hope - hunt - lose it" vicious circle they do. Sure, if we are for Argos for instance I use my "big gear" to neutralize this nasty Hunter fast, before it can eat my friend, but usually I use the same (or lesser) gear as they - and so I know the pain.

Do our well established friends really know about this when they claim how easy it would be to survive with 15$/ month? Do they know what it means to have some poor PECs left on the card, at the very beginning of a month/ period? Do they know what it means to have to TT resources that you hoped to collect enough of to be able to sell for an at least meager MU? Do they actually know the most mind numbing, hopeless grind on deadly boring small critters in the hope for a mini?

Guess it's here where the problem is.
They have huge loads of skillz, and any of these small mobs cannot hit 'em anymore. They have a broad assortment of all possible gear, they'd be optimally geared for every hunt. And they have enough value in storage to easily sell for a years deposit of one of these poor $15 guys.

Even if I just got promoted to ModNoob I have yet, too. All of this. I don't have any of these cool toys though - no ancient/ unique/ Adj/ Mod/ Imp gear, my best weapon is the UL embra, and I have a 2600, 5B and gremlin. My highest prof. standing is SwordsGirl (Hit) with 31 - but even I am light years ahead of any newcomer - just as the majority of this forums participants is light years ahead of me.

How should they understand the problems our new incoming participants face on a daily basis, if they are this far away? They don't even understand what it meant to make Atrox Young (and Maffos, Feffos etc.) in fact unkillable even for a team of newbie hunters, thus effectively closing quite some former newbie hunting grounds ...

Have fun!

FUMA as usual.

Actually if you look am losing and not winning so if Frank want to prove that this game cost more that 15$ to play he doing good job.;)

Just little update guys as some of you noticed I was on drones today needed to take break from skilling that blade cos I was going insane.:(

Give me few days of normal hunts to relax and I will make another run… BTW was so depressed yesterday I chipped in small ESI (5 ped value) to max next blade cos am getting tired to switchblades in inventory every time one break.
:mad:
Note to Frank for the CE2 I will like to see hot keys added so once you put item in hot key if there is full TT of same kind in you inventory it switch auto is pain to open key set up and switch every time blade break!;)

Reading the hunt breakdowns I can see that after 1 day, you deposited an additional $50.
$65/month project now? As I see it, YOU were unable to play for one month on $15, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sure people can struggle to play for $15 a month, but will they have fun? For how many months? ;)

Reading the hunt breakdowns I can see that after 1 day, you deposited an additional $50.
$65/month project now? As I see it, YOU were unable to play for one month on $15, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sure people can struggle to play for $15 a month, but will they have fun? For how many months? ;)

Some people will never have fun playing chess. Thinking is something many find boring. But you will see how many chess players are out there. But to win in chess, you must learn chess, understand chess and think. And play the game the way is meant to be played. Most times, you will only have only one move that is good and whatever else is a bad choice. Some may think is not fun to not have options. But I love that game.
Same thing in EU. EU is meant to be played in a certain way. If you choose to make the wrong move all the time because that will make you happy and have fun, you will pay for it. You will pay for not playing it the way is meant to be played.

The fun factor is subjective. The important fator is if it is doable. If it is doable, some will find it fun like that. Some won't. This is the way it works. If whatever you do, is no fun in it for you, then you play the wrong game. Or the wright game in the wrong way... Anyway, something is definitely not right.

But essentially, the OP deposited $65 in 2 days, or am I reading it wrong?

Remember, I never said it wasn't possible, I just said it wouldn't be fun.
Although I agree, "fun" is a subjective term.

Some people will never have fun playing chess. Thinking is something many find boring. But you will see how many chess players are out there. But to win in chess, you must learn chess, understand chess and think. And play the game the way is meant to be played. Most times, you will only have only one move that is good and whatever else is a bad choice. Some may think is not fun to not have options. But I love that game.
Same thing in EU. EU is meant to be played in a certain way. If you choose to make the wrong move all the time because that will make you happy and have fun, you will pay for it. You will pay for not playing it the way is meant to be played.

The fun factor is subjective. The important fator is if it is doable. If it is doable, some will find it fun like that. Some won't. This is the way it works. If whatever you do, is no fun in it for you, then you play the wrong game. Or the wright game in the wrong way... Anyway, something is definitely not right.

Now thats a nice speach !!! :)))

Profit:

You are right and wrong;

You are right I deposited additional 50$ but if you read the report I did that for reason!

The reason was what to do now the TT blade is maxed, keep skilling with it or buy Slo to profit from sib ? Sadly am not in contact with Night and if I was I will not deposit the additional 50$ cos he told me not to buy the Slo;
Now if you read in correct way the debate was to deposit 30$ and then not to deposit July and august until September.

Now I deposited 50$ why is because slo cost 355TT but as you see I did not buy it, with the founds now for example over 500 peds I could trade little…

But to answer you the 50$ deposit was not necessary.;)

PS: I deposit thousand peds every month to play it the way is fun for me.

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't think you can call it a "BlackHawk 15$ per Month Project" any longer. You do too many things different from his guide.

1. You desposit too much.
2. You chip in.
3. You don't calculate FAP-decay.

One question: What is your level of your main proffession? I'm a melee hunter (mostly). When I first used the Opalo, it was already maxed out. I can't remember at what level Swordsman that was, ~25 I guess.

:rolleyes::scratch2::rolleyes:

Try other interesting professions.
Eu have some where loot return calculation is no needed.
- Decoyer
You buy decoy dispenser and decoys for 15$. When you drop last one you log off and come back next month. When you think you got enought skills you continue to deposit each month without play until you get enought peds for ESI and auction fee, after that hope that someone buy.

-Investigator
You buy TT scaners for 15$ scan what you find most easy - crafters, tamers untill last scaner is decayed. Then log off to next month and so on.

As was mentioned not evryone have fun playing chess

Maybe few will find fun in repetitive grinding, doing same thing for all the time but how long ?

I think you made the mistake with the 50$ deposit, as its quite obvious that the return is little bit better after deposit ( atleast it seems from 90% ) So you already distrupted it...

Also i will watch how everyone is going, and if everyone will go well i will convict some of my friends to start playing and do exactly the same things but i will not tell anywhere who is he and how is he doing, i will just past the results at the end so the MA hand will be excluded :)

Ty Dan this is nice from you I know the skill grinding selling but is nice of you to mention it.:)
I’m more of progress player I want 10k skills in HG that the goal it will take time but I will get to that lvl.;)

Frankly, I don't think you can call it a "BlackHawk 15$ per Month Project" any longer. You do too many things different from his guide.

1. You desposit too much.
2. You chip in.
3. You don't calculate FAP-decay.

One question: What is your level of your main proffession? I'm a melee hunter (mostly). When I first used the Opalo, it was already maxed out. I can't remember at what level Swordsman that was, ~25 I guess.

:rolleyes::scratch2::rolleyes:

You missing little the point of mine experiment you can called mod BH 15$/month

The point is to fallow black advices but because am higher lvl already it will kind be easier for me (for example high evade, no armor used = less decay that new player).

The main goal is to say ok am medium player if I do this the black way can I play for 15$ month.

For the main profession find me and scan me :laugh:

Ty Dan this is nice from you I know the skill grinding selling but is nice of you to mention it.:)
I’m more of progress player I want 10k skills in HG that the goal it will take time but I will get to that lvl.;)

Just for your and dan infos, when you scan and want to sell you will get back 50% of TT spent in todays market situation... so something like this is not possible :) , dunno about decoys..

Back