Blackjack is coming round for dinner

What should i cook for dinner for Mr & Mrs Blackjack?

• Total voters

Stinky

Elite
Society
TDO Foreign Legion
Sven STINKY Kulmogden
OK, you may or may not have heard, that Blackjack is visiting the UK in July.

As he is travelling all the way from the wonderful land of Korea, just for a soc/EU piss up, i thought it only fitting to invite him round for dinner.
Actually, he invited himself.........

Keith Floyd once wrote, it should be compulsary to serve Oxtail Stew at all points of entry into the UK, so visitors could get at least one good meal while they are here.
I agree with him, so much of what we eat is not chosen and cooked with love, and the fact that it is not typical of what we all remember Mum cooking for us as kids.

So, what should i cook for Mr & Mrs Blackjack when they visit us prior to the Worcester meet up in July?

(I reserve the right to, ignore your choice and cook something else because i dont like it, can't be arsed, can't afford it or whatever....)

Stinky:yay:

Bangers and mash!

i choose the beef and batters (yorkshire puds) he has to ahve a taste of them and its a proper roast dinner. And if you are looking for a pudding bread and butter pudding it has to be or spotted dick (wwops it aint calle that anymore for plotical correctness forget what its called now sheesh its SPOTTED DICK lol) ;)

Ok what time are you having the meal i will be on my way ;) hee hee

Desire xx

From the options I selected, Faggots and mash should be Faggots and peas in gravy!

Last edited:
Well, TBH bangers and mash should maybe be in the list.... but it aint ;)

And the faggots would come with mushy peas, loads of them (they make me fart)

Well, what a wonderful thing!!!!

TBH, I dearly love lamb and can't seem to get enuff of it (around here I can't get any of it!), unfortunatly my lovely bride cant stand the stuff, so that settles that around our house! Every once in a while she takes pity on me and will make me some tasty lamb chops tho! Anyway, i digress... back to the menu...

Stinks I'd hate for you to go to a lot of trouble on my account, I (and Sharon) am quite happy with whatever you can chase down and run over, thrown on the grill and gently seared on each side. Maybe we can rock some pig meat? Sit out by the BBQ with a couple bottles (cases) of Beer and order the wimminfolk around....

Therefore my choice is BBQ Steak (I can't remember the last time I had a good grilled steak!)
A close second would be the leg o' lamb. Sharon can have a GD cheeseburger!

Speaking of my blushing bride... Doubtfull she will chime in here as she doesn't peruse the forums at all unless I prod her with a stun gun. I've pretty much given up.

Very kind of you Mr. Stinky, and much appreciated!

Blackjack :cowboy:

hello all

Mrs Blackjack here. First I want to thank all of you who are helping me plan this excursion. I really appreciate it. Dinner: As he told you, I don't like lamb but am not adverse to everyone else eating it. If thats what ya want -go for it. I eat very little. As you know, I'm not on here much. He prodded me today. I'll try to look in occasionally.
Can't wait to meet all of you. As long as I don't have to play dress up, I'm good. by the way, what is the weather in July? sweaters or shorts? Long johns or bikini?
see y'all in a few weeks:yay:
sharon jaz

Apparently they are forecasting a hot summer for us Jaz :)

So bring your best wet weather gear, weather forceasters are incompetant at best, liars at worst :D

unfortunatly my lovely bride cant stand the stuff, so that settles that around our house!
Blackjack :cowboy:

wotever Mrs BJ says is the law :wise:
Stinks I'd hate for you to go to a lot of trouble on my account, Blackjack :cowboy:
lol...stinky only thinks about the trouble to go to...i get to buy/do/organise it all!!!

Sit out by the BBQ with a couple bottles (cases) of Beer and order the wimminfolk around....Blackjack:cowboy:
yes sir, certainly sir....3 bags bloody full sir.... :loco: (there wasnt a 'slap around the head' kinda emote)
Therefore my choice is BBQ Steak (I can't remember the last time I had a good grilled steak!) Blackjack:cowboy:
good choice, fully approved....just wait till u taste some of Ghana's spice mix....YUMMY!!!

Speaking of my blushing bride... Doubtfull she will chime in here as she doesn't peruse the forums at all unless I prod her with a stun gun. I've pretty much given up.Blackjack:cowboy:
Dont u dare prod Mrs BJ!!!! I'll put something amazingly hot on ur steak and blow ur head off!!!!! and dont give up...sometimes we women types competely shock and stun u!

Mrs Blackjack here.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! welcome to EF :D
First I want to thank all of you who are helping me plan this excursion. I really appreciate it.
we'd do anything for u...we're so excited ur coming :hug:
Dinner: As he told you, I don't like lamb but am not adverse to everyone else eating it. If thats what ya want -go for it. I eat very little.
hhmmmm we'll sort that!...if its steak..i'll eat ur share :laugh:
As you know, I'm not on here much. He prodded me today. I'll try to look in occasionally.
dont let him prod u...how very dare he!!!! Outrageous!!!!...but im glad u popped by :)
Can't wait to meet all of you. As long as I don't have to play dress up, I'm good. by the way, what is the weather in July? sweaters or shorts? Long johns or bikini?
see y'all in a few weeks:yay:
sharon jaz
hhmmm weather....well, as i understand it at the minute...its supposed to be a long hot summer, so bikini's all round :eek:...having said that...its raining outside :rolleyes:

lol....british weather....unpredictable!!:silly2:

lily :grouphug:

The breakfast... the breakfast!!! You simply have not experienced the UK until you try black pudding ;) Yummy :thumbup:

Isn't Beer a meal...? Surprised it did not make the list :confused:

I voted for the leg of lamb, especially since he's a fan o' the lamb...

However, here's an interesting slant on the recipe...

Take 1 slow cooker. Place 60 (yes 60) peeled cloves (not bulbs) of garlic in the bottom. Place your leg of lamb on top of them.

Now open of bottle of half decent Red Wine. Pour yourself a glass, then pour the remaining wine over the leg of lamb and the garlic. Sprinkle a healthy amount of Rosemary over that, then allow the whole thing to slow cook for around 6 hours.

You'll end up with tender lamb that slides off the bone, and an Incredible red wine garlicky sauce...

Serve with new potatos and mange-tout.

:thumbup:

Thant sounds good Chopper, i love chicken done with 40 cloves of garlic.... must try it with lamb....

Seeing as at the moment, 47% of votes are going for the shell island lamb... i thought i should show you what it is.........

Ok then,

buy some lamb, Welsh is best, or Romney salt marsh is good too. Leg, bone in, nice and big.

Take the bone out.......

Next, butterfly the lamb, make little cuts in it to try and make it an evenish thickness.

Put the bone in a roasting tray with veg to help the gravy flavours.

Skewer the lamb to hold flat, smother in a basting sauce. This one is Dijon mustard, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and pepper.
Put on top of bone and veg,

COOK.
Or you could bbq it, or just finish it on the bbq for 10 minutes for flavour.

When cooked, remove skewers and wrap in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
Liquidise the bits to make a gravy.

Yum Yum

Cook him some DUCK AND CHIPS !

:laugh:

Duck and chip's for breakfast dinner lunch and supper.

damn u stinky... u got me wanting lamb now at 10:00 in the morning.. (well if I can drink at 10:00 I can eat right? :p)

Looks V nice :D

Well I do suggest to make the
Stinky's BBQ'd Butterflied leg of lamb ala Shell Island

and definitely next morning
Full 'English' breakfast (with Stornaway black pudding)

The other 2 votes I made only were given cause them sounds yummy also.

Have a lot of fun man! :)

(BTW I totally want to visit you after this thread)

OK, first meal cooked last night........ we had the boned out butterflied leg of lamb
TBH, I dearly love lamb and can't seem to get enuff of it (around here I can't get any of it!), unfortunatly my lovely bride cant stand the stuff,
As he told you, I don't like lamb

Something niggled at my while cooking and i remembered this thread........
thank god for improvisation and some chicken, bacon and garlic cheese in the fridge!

Everything went well with the meal..... except i managed to leave the stuffing, beans and carrots in the kitchen.... there was so bladdy much else nobody noticed:laugh: 3 forgottten dishes is a record for me... but i do normally manage to forget at least 1

Therefore my choice is BBQ Steak (I can't remember the last time I had a good grilled steak!)

And the 4 plump juicy sirloins are awaiting for tonight.........

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Sirloin :)

Back