Blood Moss and Next Island : What it means for FPC

If the blood moss was usable on NI for something it would not be so much trouble as some or most would be used locally.

HOWEVER all the vivo that use blood moss need robot parts not lootable locally and sometimes ores that cant be found locally too.

The only use for BM on NI is to tier up faps or if you import robot parts.

it could be in an effort to get movement of materials between the two started either by couriers or to get the crafters to move where the bloodmoss is. Either way it results in MA getting fees for a type of transportation as Lilmoo suggested.

NI and RT is in dire need of an economy boost and this could be MA giving it a shove but dropping the fee would be a better one.

On RT atm you can loot Pyrite from Zombies (often and i think only in pvp and lootable pvp zones ) and mine BM only in Zomhatten Lootable pvp, as far as i know. So in the context of that, im sure NI is going through a "strategic Phase" is all :D

Last edited:
The idea of having each planet with its own economy (items, ores, etc) that are not usable on other planets is really not a workable solution.

If a planet opened up where nothing from Calypso would carry over then current players (mid-level or higher) would have no motivation to travel there and play. Why? Because they have hundreds or thousands of dollars invested in skills and equipment that have no worth there.

Also, because the player population of Entropia grows very, very slowly any new planet with a unique economy would see very slow growth. This means it could take an incredibly long time to develop a player base and generate income.

Generally speaking, people like to play on *populated* servers. So a under populated planet would see little new accounts as new players want to go where there are already players.

The best idea is for each planet to use the same basic items and ores but have drops in various amounts. So on one planet a ore may be scarce and on another planet that same ore could be common.

This allows new planets to attract current players who desire that item/ore that is more common on their planet.

Existing planets (Calypso) benefit from this because those players who travel to get the item will come back to sell the item.

Its kind of like going to Africa to mine diamonds but coming back to Los Angelos to sell them.

You can look at these variations in drop rates as an opportunity to profit. Go get the item cheap and come back and sell it for a profit.

Or as Ferengi Rule of Acquisition number 9 says, "Opportunity plus instinct equals profit."

Answering OP: Should FPC not be bothered by this? FPC has no reason to be bother by this. Every planet will have its resources and craftsmen/women.

Reasoning: Imagine a very simple point system with Ten being abundant and zero being nonexistant.
There are currently 24 enmatters each will be given 5 points that can be re-arranged every year. Each Planet partner will then re-arrange their planets enmatters giving some a very abundant amount and other nearly nonexistant amounts. This allows some planets to have certain resources in abundance while other planets have different resources in abundance and leads to a very dynamic resource distribution and thereby creates a more dynamic economy.

The idea is that people will move to other planets in order to specifically gather resources that are abundant on those planets but that every unique planet will have resources necessary on another planet. It would create a codependent economy were resources that are abundant on one planet will then be trade for resources that are abundant on another planet.

If I were to take a guess, there is likely going to be a need for it on the Island, for bp's, tiering up NI specific weapons, time travel etc. Its just MA is probably continuing to delay NI update so that Calypso can benefit longer since the Medusa sale was no where near what they wanted, so we now have a bunch of blood moss on the market.

I thought ND or NI were the ones who were supposed to get new players to their areas and not MA screwing with the economy because they expanded such an unliked and expensive transport fee system which does little except drain peds from players quicker and helps keep the player base of all planets at low numbers.

Well the planetpartners are supposed to get the new players, but this is not happening. Meanwhile we're left debating how new planets will affect the ingame economy.

New planets need alot of time to get the economy started, even with the aid of current players it will be the new players that make a planet a succes. I think all agree new planets cannot exist on the calypso playerbase alone.

My GUESS is that there is good reason for the abundance of blood moss... and my assumption is that it was put in the ground by MA when the planet was created but the REASON for it is not yet known. Maybe a lot of blood moss will be required to craft certain items..... OR.... they realize it's required for fap tiering and they will introduce another super rare material to be found in PVP (which could be a planet partner thing).

MA MUST have good reason for it otherwise they would have nerfed it back when they pulled the plug on the "sacred boar" over there..... so just hang tight.

Menace

Well the planetpartners are supposed to get the new players, but this is not happening. Meanwhile we're left debating how new planets will affect the ingame economy.

New planets need alot of time to get the economy started, even with the aid of current players it will be the new players that make a planet a succes. I think all agree new planets cannot exist on the calypso playerbase alone.

what you have to ask yourself is if they're not getting their own players (depositing ones anyway) who's paying for the loot?

what you have to ask yourself is if they're not getting their own players (depositing ones anyway) who's paying for the loot?

The same people that would be paying for the loot if they were hunting on Calypso. I fail to see the connection between blood moss and this.

As for blood moss on NI I doubt it will have any impact on FPC, Calypso still has the largest player base in EU. Most of the blood moss mined on NI is brought back to Calypso for sale / use. MU on it going lower has no effect on FPC at all.

It could be argued that lower MU on blood moss, leading to lower MU on healing tools, could mean more use of those tools since the cost / heal ratio will be better. It might actually result in more decay and hence more money for FPC and MA.

Granted that any increase is likely to be small but even if there is no increase it still does no harm to FPC.

Back