• Skills

Votes: 49 30.8%

• Total voters

Alan Mo

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Mr Mo Scotland
I asked this question about a year ago and price's as we all now where up on everything. But am now better skilled using new faps and Boar is around 50% cheaper! This would be an investment and would only sell it when i'm leaving game or upgrading armour again.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/109633-boar-ml-35-a.html

My highest skill is 43 BLP Sniper Hit & Laser Pistoleer Hit too.

LvL 20 Paramedic and LvL 22 Evader.

Armours : Vigi, Nemi, Gremlin, Hunter, Martial (L), Jag/Tiger (L), Polaris (L).

Guns & Amps: Karma Killer & 104, Bravo, TR5 & Beast, and any (L) guns i can use.

FAP's Vivo T20(L)'s, 2600 & 2350.

Need any other info just ask :) and a forward thanks for any thoughts

My personal thoughts are to buy Boar unless this post changes that :)

Last edited:
IF you want boar look at the L version prices are low could be more economical to use L now.

Yeah, as charlie said, if you're gonna use it, might as well use the L version because most pieces are more eco than their unlimited counterparts even after markup.

And I'd wait until at least 65 hit to switch over to using and UL weapon like the ML or camo.

Yeah, as charlie said, if you're gonna use it, might as well use the L version because most pieces are more eco than their unlimited counterparts even after markup.

And I'd wait until at least 65 hit to switch over to using and UL weapon like the ML or camo.

True in some cases, it is however strongly dependant on your hunting style and mob choice. L armour availability may become an issue at times as well in the future.

Agreed with the weapon choice. If you are keen on a gun maybe look at an UL SIB?
Imho you would be better off investing in skills atm, prices are lower than ever and they dont wear out. :)

Buy the boar and leave me the ML :D

To use an ML-35 effectively to hunt with, you need more skills.
As to the armor, consider the amount of Evade/HP you could purchase with the peds, and then re-consider. Evade doesn't decay, and HP's decay regenerates at no cost.
Instead of upgrading your armor, downgrade the armor and upgrade the evade/medicals.
Instead of upgrading your weapon, upgrade your skills to the point where you can effectively use a gun of your choice.
In the end it all boils down to one thing: Skills.

Reactions: TJZ
Armor is overrated, prices are still insane for UL armor especially Boar, Jag, Tiger, Angel, Shadow etc. I use Gremlin and if i cant take the down the mob with this armor my skills are to low so i stick to the mobs i can handle with Gremlin+5B. Skills like evade and HP related skills are more worth to invest in like ppl say here.
gl out there
/Arwen

wouldn't change anything if i were in your place :) your skills are quite high to use very effective L guns and i just can't see a problem for buying L armors as jaguar or tiger for the % they go now :scratch2:
UL boar is really overpriced, ML/Camo also cost a load of peds and you still need some more skills to use em so it's either skills or something else me thinks :silly2:

buy L boar, L guns and have fun! ;D.. or buy ML :handgun::handgun: ! :D

forget boar, buy Tiger L !
high lvl blp rifle are expensive in %, so : buy more skills or buy an UL gun (AS147,AS129,Camo,ml35 depend how much you want to invest in).

go for skills to max the UR125 and chip some hp.
gremlin+5B, maxed UR125 and decent evade/hp is the shit.

Im about the same lvls as you but 49 in highest hit profession and i will not change to UL gun untill lvl 80 minimum, but who knows by the time I get there a descent UL gun might gonna cost a 1mil $, so could be an investment for the furture perhaps. As for armour i think boar and higher armour at our lvl is a waste of peds.

I am a bit below your skill and I am fine with Ghost. my next upgrade is going to be to Gremlin with 4a or 5b. I prefer the acid protection of the Gremlin then the electric of the Ghost.

Besides Gremlin with 5b is a little better on cut stab impact mobs than Tiger by itself. If your currently interested in bots go with Shogun / Vigi + 6a plates.

Vigi Plus 6a plates is way better then salamander and a fraction of the cost. I don't mind sib guns but L armor is silly. Plates are the shit with lower armors.

Second note... If I had the money i would buy a unlimited sib rifle with all my peds... That I don't have.

But as someone else mentioned it really depends on your hunting style.

im not sure why people "hunt" with the ML35, its really for tagging/softening with the range, i dont see that it has the dmg/sec to make it a sensible primary hunting weapon. now, the adj97/147ME on the other hand...

I used to have one back when i played in 2004 and it was nice to drop some mid to even high level mobs before they got to you but if they got up in my face I would switch to a maddox 4... but keep in mind back then the maddox 4 was one of the few speed weapons besides the doa series.

go for skills to max the UR125 and chip some hp.
gremlin+5B, maxed UR125 and decent evade/hp is the shit.

this might be the best one..
Boar isn't really THAT great, just overpriced.. I had limited for a while but sold it cause i could do the same with Ghost+5B.
so maxing UR125 and some HP with it might be the best thing to do!
as you have lv 43 HIT, you can easily use the 485 Apis and higher!
stick to those and you can handle alot!

At lvl 41 dmg/hit you max Svempa X1. With a Dante you got great firepower.
Chip up to ur125 and buy Jag/Tiger (L).

Skills !
At youre lvl you can hunt almost everything ( if not solo in small team ) in just gremlin + 5B's or 6a's if boots.
For the weapon i found P5a to be deadly weapon ( dmg eco wise ).
Chiping in more deff skills will just get you over edge to that extra lvl you whant and if you look skills history ther dont move in % that much so as investement is beter i think ( do you want to buy rifle for 15k peds when you can find that in 6 months is going to be worth 10k peds )?

im not sure why people "hunt" with the ML35, its really for tagging/softening with the range, i dont see that it has the dmg/sec to make it a sensible primary hunting weapon. now, the adj97/147ME on the other hand...

ML35+Dante LVL 100: PRICE : 15k + 2K = 17K
AVG Dmg/pec : 2.916
AVG Dmg/sec : 48.944
MAX Dmg/sec : 70.933

ammo used :20
decay : 6.5

Range : 140

AS147 ME : cannot use Dante price : 10K
AVG Dmg/pec : 2.806
AVG Dmg/sec : 55.637
MAX Dmg/sec : 80.633

ammo used :11
decay : 9.16

Range : 84

ML35 built for Dante, 140 range = deadly weapon

If a choice between gun and armour - Gun first. Always.

Armour is last on the shopping list.

ML35+Dante LVL 100: PRICE : 15k + 2K = 17K
AVG Dmg/sec : 48.944
Range : 140

AS147 ME : cannot use Dante price : 10K
AVG Dmg/sec : 55.637

Range : 84

ML35 built for Dante, 140 range = deadly weapon

and on the same analysis, presumably adj97/147ME with better dmg/sec is a dealier weapon. interesting you still think the ML35 is better even with the numbers in front of you. put a dante on a adj97 (it can be used efficently, dont recall the effect on 147ME) and compare. that extra range is nice and worth a fair bit, but the range of the adj97/147ME is enough to tag mobs from comfortably outside their agro range and the dmg/s sec is substantially greater.

fap evade and hp related skills (fap skills to UR-125/UR-175)

I would'nt buy either of them, boar is slighty better than ghost but cost 10k+ more and the camo/ml you need at least 7.0 HA to use it.

You can never have anough HP and Evade so id go with them 2, you would live longer and the higher evade would cut some decay loss.

and on the same analysis, presumably adj97/147ME with better dmg/sec is a dealier weapon. interesting you still think the ML35 is better even with the numbers in front of you. put a dante on a adj97 (it can be used efficently, dont recall the effect on 147ME) and compare. that extra range is nice and worth a fair bit, but the range of the adj97/147ME is enough to tag mobs from comfortably outside their agro range and the dmg/s sec is substantially greater.

I have to agree that the ML is better than the adj97/147ME. Both (amped with Dante) have lower eco and only 60% of the range vs a dante amped ML35. Personally I'd opt for the ML35 with a SIB gun for <60 range. This extra damage done with the ML35 will prevent the vast majority of mobs from chewing on whatever armor you have...

I agree that the ML is by no means a primary hunting weapon but coupled with the right high dps SIB gun for closer range makes an unbeatable combo.

I've been around since well before SIB guns and owned and ML35 since my blp sniper prof standing was probably below 30. Its true it can be a ped hog at lower levels but it's an awesome weapon and only gets better with additional skills. IMO most people who state that this weapon is no good have never been fortunate enough to use one... :)

GL with whatever you decide!

I have to agree that the ML is better than the adj97/147ME. Both (amped with Dante) have lower eco and only 60% of the range vs a dante amped ML35. Personally I'd opt for the ML35 with a SIB gun for <60 range. This extra damage done with the ML35 will prevent the vast majority of mobs from chewing on whatever armor you have...

I agree that the ML is by no means a primary hunting weapon but coupled with the right high dps SIB gun for closer range makes an unbeatable combo.

I've been around since well before SIB guns and owned and ML35 since my blp sniper prof standing was probably below 30. Its true it can be a ped hog at lower levels but it's an awesome weapon and only gets better with additional skills. IMO most people who state that this weapon is no good have never been fortunate enough to use one... :)

GL with whatever you decide!

Reminds me of the good old urban stalker days, i used it when i was at 2.4 ha with dante.

Back