Bones mission at Canp Carter: what are these

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
As part of getting access to Cyclops deep, there was a side mission that was possible to take on where you need to collect 10K bone fragments. Are these dropping now randomly on calupso, or what is the story there?

BTW No indications what was changed to alleviate the PA server congestion... has anyone observed any changes?

BTW there's also a new mission "I've got a bone to pick".

Description reads:
Help Sarchi Collect 10,000 Calypso Bone Samples from the smaller creatures inhabiting Planet Calypso

The reward is 100 Agi tokens iirc. There's no counter, so it's possible these can be purchased and turned in. That would give puny grinders another source for MU in their loot, which is definitely won't help the PA server situation. :eyecrazy:

Can anyone confirm this is possible?

ETA: If so, this could be the beginning of a trend to monetize the attribute tokens. Not a good thing IMO.

From new content release thread

They drop from puny, only mob confirmed so far. Not from daiki. I haven't tested snables.

Drop rate from puny is 1/10 mobs, almost exactly. Occasionally people are buying them now at Camp Icarus, but i guess the public awareness is still low.

they also drop from the baby chompers on gateway, as well (I am guessing) the other mobs on gateway

baby chompers confirmed though

From new content release thread

They drop from puny, only mob confirmed so far. Not from daiki. I haven't tested snables.

Drop rate from puny is 1/10 mobs, almost exactly. Occasionally people are buying them now at Camp Icarus, but i guess the public awareness is still low.

Holy crap! So you need to kill 100k mobs for this mission?!?

I accepted the mission and was wondering what the story is. But 100k kills, even low HP mobs, is a lot of clicking and running around.

I accepted the mission and was wondering what the story is. But 100k kills, even low HP mobs, is a lot of clicking and running around.

I think the intent is that you outsource the looting of them to noobs in China... or wherever. :yup:

I certainly don't plan on looting them all myself... when i'm done with the puny mission, i'll buy whatever quantity i'm missing. Even if you pay 1 pec apiece that comes out to just 100 PEDs for a point of Agility... a bargain by some standards, a lot by others.

No, you need to kill 100k puny or buy the Bone Samples from other players.

The point of this mission is obviously to give Puny mobs a bit of markup, allowing newbies (the ones most likely to hunt them) an extra source of low level income. Thanks to this, they'll get a few extra PED from selling bones and can try out the game more.

We're gonna need a lot more noobies. :)

they also drop from the baby chompers on gateway, as well (I am guessing) the other mobs on gateway

baby chompers confirmed though

confirmed phasm pup.
confirmed highland exarosaur.
confirmed highland allophyl.
confirmed highland mourner.
confirmed hiryuu fledgeling
drop rate for the above 5 is near 100% (not including noloot/fragloot)

confirmed freshwater calypsocod (2/2 -- too small sample to guage droprate)
confirmed highland longtooth (again small sample)
confirmed fouling

droprate on pygmy chomper is around 25%

droprate on daikiba cub is either less that 2%, or actually 0% (no drops after 70 kills)

ps why is this moved to history? isnt it a discussion on a mission? thanks Serica

Last edited:

ps why is this moved to history? isnt it a discussion on a mission?

/mod note/ My bad, I moved it from General Discussion to what I though was the Missions section. Looks like I mis-cliked. Fixed now.

wow I never even knew about baby chompers! Nice.
Can we see them or is it only access to starting area?

wow I never even knew about baby chompers! Nice.
Can we see them or is it only access to starting area?

pygmy chompers in the gateway (thule)

Can we still get back into Thule? I did it once but I haven't tried in a long time.

Go to PA new players arrival area. The entrance to the Gateway looks like a televator and it is on the end of the pier.

As a side note, I've been running some tests of the drop rate and have noticed other experienced players showing up in noob zones to hunt for these bones. So far, people seem to be behaving well, but I can see a time coming when bone hunters simply overwhelm the new players. Not sure what MA will do about that.

Any idea if this mission is repetable?

Falagor
:bandit:

Pretty frustrating I killed 16.6k punies for the IC earlier this year ;)

Any idea if this mission is repetable?

Of course it's not repeatable. The whole point of the mission reward rebalance that happened earlier was to lower the amount of attributes gained via missions, and each PP has a limit to how many attributes they are allowed to give that way.

It would be very cool if it is.

No, it wouldn't.

Of course it's not repeatable. The whole point of the mission reward rebalance that happened earlier was to lower the amount of attributes gained via missions, and each PP has a limit to how many attributes they are allowed to give that way.

(...)

No, it wouldn't.

Just asking ;). I know it sounds kinda unreal and unbalanced if it was repetable but... knowing MA and how they implement stuff... you know...

Askign if someone has already taken the reward and tried gettign the quest again?

Falagor
:bandit:

Go to PA new players arrival area. The entrance to the Gateway looks like a televator and it is on the end of the pier.

As a side note, I've been running some tests of the drop rate and have noticed other experienced players showing up in noob zones to hunt for these bones. So far, people seem to be behaving well, but I can see a time coming when bone hunters simply overwhelm the new players. Not sure what MA will do about that.

Thanks +rep :)

I think the intent is that you outsource the looting of them to noobs in China... or wherever. :yup:

one of the chinese noobs here think its better save them for you ubers out there.
:yup:

Back