bot event prizes !!!!

what do you think about the way the event is run !!

• well done. keep going like that

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • bad call. give all info so ppl know what they join

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • dont care at all / havent joined bot event

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brumle

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Brumle Brumle Hunter
1st part:
20 Apr 2012 19:23 UTC

Brig. General Yevgeny de Souza, Commander of CDF Ground Forces, hereby alerts all colonists that recent reports of disruptions to the teleporter network have been confirmed by CDF military engineers. The circumstances leading to the disruptions appear identical to those associated with hostile robot infiltrations experienced on Calypso in the past. Higher than usual robot activity in recent weeks also supports this indication.

The initial breach appears to have taken place at the Ashi teleporter, where local CDF and colonist militia forces have been battling Steel Bird aerial robots for the past fortnight. Hundreds of robots are now pouring through the compromised teleporter and decimating colonist settlements in the region. The CDF urgently requests that all active members of the colonial militia report immediately to Ashi and assist in containing the situation. All other civilians are strongly encouraged to evacuate the area until the robot threat has been defeated.

One theory being investigated by CDF Intelligence is that the robot reconnaissance forces were somehow assisted in this infiltration by the mysterious insurgents known as the Wastelanders. Colonist militia forces are authorised to use any force necessary to apprehend or eliminate any Wastelander traitors encountered.

In hopes of preventing future infiltrations, CDF robotologists are particularly interested in obtaining robot technology for analysis, and are offering valuable rewards to colonists who can recover any of the following components from neutralised robots:

Exceptional Robot Optical Lens
Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger
Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit
Rare Robot Secret Transmitter
Robot Power Transformer
Robot Speech Emulation Unit
Robot Nanomodulator
Robot Dynocyclic Relay
Robot Magnetomic Throttle

2nd part:

Rewards

The Research & Defense Institute is offering rewards for recovered robot technology. RDI representatives will be available to collect samples and issue rewards on May 26-27.

Protector of the Empire Armor Set
325 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
100 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit

Improved Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
100 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
15 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Dynocyclic Relay

Adjusted Omegaton ASG-3 Warthog
200 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
35 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Rare Robot Secret Transmitter

Adjusted Rip M6600
3000 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
600 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Rare Robot Power Transformer

Adjusted Dagger of Despair
180 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
25 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Nanomodulator

CDF Utility Helicopter
12 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Magnetomic Throttle

Calypso Land Deed
50 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
10 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Speech Emulation Unit

Necromancer Armor (L) Blueprint (L) - Complete Set (100 attempts of each blueprint)
25 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints
OR
15 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints

Eon Armor (L) Set
340 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
100 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Tiger Armor (L) Set
150 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
50 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Martial Armor (L) Set
150 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
25 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Electric Attack Chip XI (L)
25 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
8 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

well im a old player and should have known better than to beleave what is said in the first place, but arent it a shitty way to let new players join the event in hopes of "winning" a prize.
first it says you would get a reward for "any" part you loot and then the reward list comes and its not the case.

i know several "nibs"/mid lvls have lost alot on this bot event.

so what do you all think about the way the event info has been given out to players ?

Perhaps the way it has been worded is misleading, but overall I think it's a good event with good prizes.

I already have enough parts for the attack chip, and if I keep hunting I may even get enough for one of the armour sets. All with the chance (however small) of looting one of the really rare parts. I think it offers a good chance for anyone participating to claim the prizes.

The grinders will accumulate the common parts and can sell them or claim the lesser prizes, and the less commited have the same chance as anyone else of looting one of the "jackpot" parts. Something for everyone :).

The newbs who don't cycle a lot of ped can always club their components together to claim a prize, then sell it and split the proceeds.

What's wrong with a bit of role playing? I don't mind info being leaked out like it has been.

Everyone has same info and can make their own decision when to join, or not to join.

Just reread and realised you're complaining about a slight missunderstanding in the wording of the initial post.

Seriously, who cares about a small thing like that when you've got a chance to win uber armour or imp fap? Anyone with half a brain will have seen the massive numbers of the items on auction a knew the post was worded wrong.

It should have been obviously clear to anybody who did even small amounts of bot hunting, or read the chat at say Ashi, that lots of lens and chargers are dropping, and as a result, looting just one or a handful can't possibly entitle you to a set of armor.

Should the communication have been more clear? Sure. Is this somehow a major flaw in how the event is run or somehow entrapping people? I don't think so.

Should the communication have been more clear? Sure. Is this somehow a major flaw in how the event is run or somehow entrapping people? I don't think so.

Its not a major flaw... but very misleading (any vs bundling 3 items with one being extremely rare).... and this misleading part i dislike the most

and are offering valuable rewards to colonists who can recover any of the following components from neutralised robots:
I spent 3k peds ammo... but stopped hunting them further coz of the bundling with the very rare items...
If i knew it from the begining I'm sure I'd not have spent 3k ammo on the bots!

Other than that........it's a good event... I've enjoyed hunting the bots....

Wondering what Cyrene team might be thinking of the timing of this popular bot event and mission reward rebalancing!

Last edited:
I agree that first version and second are different.

But the first version is still true. If you loot any (read: one) item, you can sell it and have PEDs for it (the reward).

I like this event. You pretty much get a chance at any of the prizes. You just have to be the lucky bugger who loots the rare robot part. I'd imagine those parts for the Imp FAP will be only a couple dropping.
Maybe 5 - 10 Contraction parts for the PoE sets etc. That UL gun looks cool as well as the Adjusted Dagger of Doom.

You have got to hand it to them, this event will keep many distracted when Cyrene launches in a few days.

Cheers
Bjorn

.......You pretty much get a chance at any of the prizes.

can you rate your chance from a scale of 0.01% to 99.99%...........just pick a number!

I spent 3k peds ammo... but stopped hunting them further coz of the bundling with the very rare items...
If i knew it from the begining I'm sure I'd not have spent 3k ammo on the bots!

Other than that........it's a good event... I've enjoyed hunting the bots....

Wondering what Cyrene team might be thinking of the timing of this popular bot event and mission reward rebalancing!

There are awards that do not require you to bundle it with extremely rare components. Last night, the lens and chargers were selling for nice markup. Good thing you liked it.

Something I"m conserned about is: is there only one prize given per grouping? Like can 10 people get a set of Martial ? Etc. If there can be only one (highlander *wink*) then that's pretty rough. I'm sure the rare stuff will only have one because only one of those bot parts will drop for each.
It reminds me of the Monopoly game at McDonalds, if anyone is familiar. Where 1 million people will get Park Place, but getting Boardwalk is rare as hell!
So I'll keep collecting those Park Places and then try and dump them when I don't get a Boardwalk!
:laugh::laugh:
:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:
Good hunting all! KILL THOSE BOTS!

Oh: and Selling a Generic Transformer (5 peds TT) used to craft Warp Mines

Just reread and realised you're complaining about a slight missunderstanding in the wording of the initial post.

Seriously, who cares about a small thing like that when you've got a chance to win uber armour or imp fap? Anyone with half a brain will have seen the massive numbers of the items on auction a knew the post was worded wrong.

well im not really complaining. just wonder how many nibs have lost alot thinking they would get lucky and loot 1 item.
i think many ppl joined the bot event in the beleave that it would be "rare" items and if you looted 1 you would get a reward.
i know that for some ppl this is a great chance to get a nice reward but for many ppl they dont have the cash to keep hunting bot to collect that many items and there for have to give up after already loosing all there money and now are sitting with a few lenses and no cash.

i know i spend 600 ped ammo at ashi before getting my first lens, even tho others had looted many and it wasnt "special" and a reward item (keept hunting tho).
still now after loosing over 1k in few days i only have 10 lenses and no other event items,

well for me i dont care cuz i know how the game is, but for many new ppl it might piss em off to get half info and then loose all.
that isnt the way to get new players to stay ingame.

Its not a major flaw... but very misleading (any vs bundling 3 items with one being extremely rare).... and this misleading part i dislike the most

The last 4 prizes are given for bundling 2 items that are both dropping quite regularly. Anyone with some spare ped and a few hours can go out and loot enough for the attack chip. I fail to see the problem here.

For those that don't have the time or the ped, they can sell their drops or pool them with friends to claim prizes.

Did you even read the full thing?

I think it's really shitty done by MA.
When it says any item, you should get a reward for 1 item, not have to get shitloads of them.

Freddie

Give everybody 10 Nova's for any item, that way everybody is happy :laugh:

Serious, they could have used a better wording but anybody with some common sense would have known not every item alone would give a reward.

Ok, I must say I like this event. However I'm not sure about the fact that they in first post said each of those objects would give a hansom reward and then only now gave us a couple of days with the real facts to gather all parts.

My only conclusion is that they did not tell us before just to see a frenz trading in the last few days with us paying obscene money for small TT "junk". Good way to get peds into the system. So that "hansom reward" they talked about is mostly for the avatars with lots of peds that can afford to keep hunting and not for the once with tight budget that allready spent their peds and sold their "rare" items for less than it now will be worth.

Note, I do not judge this good or bad. I just reflecting around the way info was given and the possible effect of it. :) (Had to say it since I don't want Oleg come kicking my balls... since it would probably make him limp rest of the week. ;) )

/Oz

The last 4 prizes are given for bundling 2 items that are both dropping quite regularly. Anyone with some spare ped and a few hours can go out and loot enough for the attack chip. I fail to see the problem here.

For those that don't have the time or the ped, they can sell their drops or pool them with friends to claim prizes.

Did you even read the full thing?

yes, i've read the post.... those L stuff are not attractive to me at all... !

I'm glad the prizes are decent, but there's always a catch 22 for something like imp fap. New players are sad because there's very few given and they're on the hardest mobs. Old players are sad because the value of their items goes down.

But I am glad that there's reachable goals for even the lowest players, even if it's something that they'll never be able to use.

Anyone complaining about this deserves to win a kick in the balls.

It's a good event. Personally I think it's created a lot of activities, enthusiasm among players..including a lot of fun!
But that doesn't mean one shouldn't point out some flaws or misleading stuff embeded in it.

The very nature of the wording... and not disclosing all the info before the start of the event are hard to explain.....

Give an alteranative and yet better explanation of those 2 factors (any, and later bundling + not giving the full info at the begining of the event.

The first one could be the result of an oversight..... but when you couple that with the delayed info... then it's hard to accept as a simple oversight!

Learn how to accept dissent
... and Disagree without being disagreeable!

Well, an extended prize tructure where there would be both L and UL tiger say would certainly be more atractive, but that does not mean the present on is bad. Its also unrealistic to expect UL items as rewards if not a truly rare part is in the list of things you need to turn in.

When it comes to the uber items..

I know I probably won't loot one, but this always comes to mind :p

How is that MA's problem?

Quoting the wrong context...

And yes, it's indeed a prob of MA, if they can't keep their customer base happy, can't keep them ingame, and hence can't grow the player base...

The burden is on MA to gain trust of it's player base....And those (the reason for this thread) are not helpful in building that trust!

I admit, I'm a bit skeptic or paranoid, whatever you may call it... but it's not only me. Many have problems in trusting MA...

Whatever are the reasons... it's MAs problem, and they need to fix it.
The game won't be able to sustain MA with it's current limited players base.

Hopefully, the PPs will take on a part of the burden.
and hopefully MA wont' undermine their effort by releasing content at odd times (for example the timing of the current bot event... and rebalancing of the missions) to save calypso

Last edited:
I think it was pretty obvious from the start that MA was not going to cough-up a big prize for one lens or hypercharger.

I think MA done a great job with the rewards here, something for everyone. What i will say is if you went solo on bots you stood a good chance to collect a lot of excetional items.

I got loads of lens from evic level 01 and 02, and even a hypercharge from a normal drone. you need need to go big to get these parts. I often smiled to myself wondering if a rare part sitting in a drone 01 at Jason.

Highly likely though the rare parts were sitting in some mega uber bot...but who knows.

Back on topic I think the prizes were well thought out, and clap hands to Mindark on this event. I might even try and get back on bots if still running over the weekend.

Massive gz to those already holding uber find, and if you have one and prove it (in trade window) then I will be willing to let you have my regular exceptional parts at TT cost if you need it to make a claim and are short.

This offer is not for resale BS. I will help people to get unlimited items if short when the event closes. only got a few lenses and 1 hypercharger though at mo.

Rick.

How long will this event run? We need to fight against the robots to the May 25 ? :scratch2:

Thats a long time tbh :confused:

Wow people really will complain about everything!!! lol

Rgds

Ace

Wow people really will complain about everything!!! lol

Rgds

Ace

But i did say it's a good event.. and i've enjoyed it! :beerchug:

I just didnt' like the wording ... and staged info release.

And encroaching upon Cyerne Realse..

Back