Bought 5CLD for 1161ped

Selosse

Stalker
Kamonpach BKK Empress
Hey!

So here's the story. I put an order for 7CLD at the price 1161ped/each, on friday. Yesterday (saturday) I guy send me a PM on Entropialife, saying he filled my order for the last 5 CLD but put wrong price and manage to sell me 5CLD for the price of 1. Meaning he sold me 5 CLD for 232ped/each.

1) How is it still possible to make this huge misstake ?
2) I know I read threads about people making this misstake Before, did those people get there CLD or peds back or did they get the name on the guy who made the order? So MA admit now the system is f**** up and now they
saying it's just easier to let the players fix the problem them self?
3) Yes, Im sure I will find a deal with this guy and his CLDs, no worries.
4) I never Heard about this guy Before, so I checked his tracker and he have huge turnovers. So a guy who probably play this game everyday for 8h manage to make this misstake, he's a retard or the game is ?

So how is this still possible, and what should MA do about the problem?

BKK

Last edited:
2) How did this guy get my name? MA just give name outs now or what ?

Whenever you sell something through auction, the Message Center now tells who the buyer was. Even if it was through an order.

We human and we still make mistakes
And about the order since last 2 or 3 updates the add the option now who ever buy you stuff there name come out just like in auction last bidder and win the item you see there name

now if it was me I give back to him but he have to pay a little fee so he learn to not just put stuff I auction with out check 3 times

probably just a guy that regrets having made a potential $400 mistake.... probably needs ped that he wanted to cycle to help keep your world going round and round.

The least he can do is ask you. But that does not mean that you should feel obligated one way or the other just because they have your name.

One reasons I think naming the buyers is a potentially bad move. Now when people make mistakes, the innocent ones who just had a standing order turn out to be the bad guys, often pushed by the community to remedy someone elses' mistake. Why have an orders system if people can hunt you down on every small error and demand a refund, or risk being labelled a scammer?

Personally, If I make an error like that I kick myself in the ass and move on, I don't blame the other guy for catching what I failed to, or even expect an error to return.

IF MA cannot provide decent customer service/error checking...why should we be doing it for them? Let them write complaints to MA. IMO

It's kind to fix such an error, and in my opinion the right thing to do. That being said, it's his mistake. And a silly one. All stackables list on the auction as total price. If I want to sell 100 boards for instance, I do not enter the price I would want for just one of them. It's simple really, and a mistake I never understood.

Just for reference, my position if I were the buyer would be similar to this:

I will give you (the seller) enough ped to make up the difference up to 1k ped each for your CLD's. I know it's not the price you wanted, but it lets me continue to have a good deal while allowing you to not lose a fortune on your mistake.

Hey!

4) My main proffession is PKer. I spend most of my time in pvp4 try to loot people.

BKK

Could you please stop hogging up all the hunting hofs then :p

Hey!

So here's the story. I put an order for 7CLD at the price 1161ped/each, on friday. Yesterday (saturday) I guy send me a PM on Entropialife, saying he filled my order for the last 5 CLD but put wrong price and manage to sell me 5CLD for the price of 1. Meaning he sold me 5 CLD for 232ped/each.

1) How is it still possible to make this huge misstake ?
2) How did this guy get my name? MA just give name outs now or what ?
3) I know I read threads about people making this misstake Before, did those people get there CLD or peds back or did they get the name on the guy who made the order? So MA admit now the system is f**** up and now they
saying it's just easier to let the players fix the problem them self?
4) My main proffession is PKer. I spend most of my time in pvp4 try to loot people. Why would I feel bad about this? And not feel bad about the other people I looted?
5) Yes, Im sure I will find a deal with this guy and his CLDs, no worries.
6) I never Heard about this guy Before, so I checked his tracker and he have huge turnovers. So a guy who probably play this game everyday for 8h manage to make this misstake, he's a retard or the game is ?

So how is this still possible, and what should MA do about the problem?

BKK

u cant compare looting people in pvp4 with people doing a mistake on auction thats stupid.

I actually like this feature of knowing who buys your auction items via message centre.

One things for sure the player list of whom I like to call "c**ts" will grow even bigger now. Only EU can make me use a nasty word like that.

The game was never really designed for asset management or expect their players to be investment bankers, so mistakes will happen.

There was honour in the game once, it's down to community to behave with such values. It's only a small community too. The last few year though, I see honour amongst players deteriorating massively.

If the unfortunate payer isn't able to correct the problem, they might as well leave, and they probably will. So I ask you please do the honourable thing and trade the deeds back to the player that contacted you.

You could hide behind MA though and call it their problem not yours (which is how the original post comes across). I'd say you have the power to correct the mistake, so hiding behind MA rules could mean you get added to the game 'c**t' list.

Good day.

Cheers

Rick

I actually like this feature of knowing who buys your auction items via message centre.

One things for sure the player list of whom I like to call "c**ts" will grow even bigger now. Only EU can make me use a nasty word like that.

The game was never really designed for asset management or expect their players to be investment bankers, so mistakes will happen.

There was honour in the game once, it's down to community to behave with such values. It's only a small community too. The last few year though, I see honour amongst players deteriorating massively.

If the unfortunate payer isn't able to correct the problem, they might as well leave, and they probably will. So I ask you please do the honourable thing and trade the deeds back to the player that contacted you.

You could hide behind MA though and call it their problem not yours (which is how the original post comes across). I'd say you have the power to correct the mistake, so hiding behind MA rules could mean you get added to the game 'c**t' list.

Good day.

Cheers

Rick

:wise::wise::wise::wise:

ps:confusing pvp4 with auctions now :D

Since MA changed CLDs' markup from % to peds, this kind of mistake is common - people put a stack and set a total value like 1150 thinking they are setting % for the bunch. I would have done it myself twice if not for the confirmation dialog, which slowed me down enough to remember the change.

Well, sometimes people just don't know how to use the auction, they think they are setting a per deed price, they forget a digit, they grab the whole stack instead of the individual CLD next to it, or whatever.

This happens often enough to justify MA putting something in place that prevents this. Yes I know you click a window to confirm but clearly it's not enough. We can talk about personal responsibility all day long but for those this happens to, it truly is disheartening, and frankly can bring an end to participation in the Entropia Universe. So for that reason MA needs something in place... Giving us the names of sellers and buyers is a really good start.

An easy fix would be a 5 minute wait before completion of filing an order. It would go into pending status and could be cancelled by the seller. Filling an order is instantaneous and it doesn't need to be, and if for some reason someone can't wait five whole minutes for their PED then in the pending order, there should be an option to finalize it instantly.

These extra steps would mostly eliminate this all too frequent scenario

A simple way to avoid such mistakes would be to allow to sell CLDS only 1 by 1. Same for orders.

Bkk

Last edited:
Reactions: das
I stop believed in this game a long time ago. I tried to sell out for quite some time now, already made my first withdraw. For me every update is a step back, I dislike the game more and more. I see no future for the game.
As soon as I find a buyer for my stuff Im out.

Creating BUY orders for CLDs is an interesting strategy of SELLing out. How do I subscribe to your newsletter, please? :confused:

But still I feel I should do the "right" thing Before I leave. Right? I contacted the seller to add me ingame

BKK

Good to hear :)

Creating BUY orders for CLDs is an interesting strategy of SELLing out. How do I subscribe to your newsletter, please? :confused:

it's actually a smart one if you don't wonna have +10k ped on your card..
It makes you not hunt/cycle peds while you still get something back for your invested money
MA knows very well that "many" ubers are fed up with shit
Just look at the amount of listed ESI's on caly auction

U r a !!!!. Just give back poor fella his clds his turnover has nothing to do with the case. And beeing a pker doesnt justify the right of using som1 mistake against nim no matter if he is wealthy or not. Bringing buyer names was a good.idea.

But still I feel I should do the "right" thing Before I leave. Right? I contacted the seller to add me ingame

BKK

That's good to hear :)

If the name was not shown for the order, Im sure 99% would never try to give the poor seller his peds or CLD back, maybe a few good souls like Rick England would. In sweden we would call rick "dum snäll". Not sure what the English Word would be. In this World you never succed being "dum snäll". I tried it, not working. People will backstab you as soon as they get a chance.

BKK

I've seen a few very good depositors leave EU over lost CLD's.

I'll tell this story.

I was drinking in a pub with a friend I've known for 30 years. He didn't do that well in life, hardly ever has any money, wears the same clothes he bought 20 years ago, but works very hard. My brother in law came along for some pints too. Anyhow the 30 year old friend went for a pee and as soon as he was out of sight the brother in-law said to me "what are you doing hanging out with that guy" (inferring he looked like a tramp, not really the person to be seen with in public).

I said to my brother in-law, "he is man of honour; if I broke down in my car at 2 in the morning, and phoned my friend for help, I can guarantee you that without hesitation or argument he would get out of bed and be there to help me......would you?"

Point is wouldn't you rather be valued in life for being a 'great man'. Sure life is shitty at times, but once you lose your personal morality, not much left of the person really is there.

I don't really have much time for the brother in-law. He would sell his mum for the right price, good knows what my sister sees in him.

Maybe I am stupid, but my heart is pure....do what you think is right mate. Life has a strange way of rewarding good behaviour, maybe fortune will come your way.

Long live the EU community.

Rick

Sold 5 CLD for the price of one

I want to clear the air for all. I was the player who accidently sold 5 CLD to orders for the price of only 1 CLD in the order. Yes I realized my mistake. I was grateful for the ability to connect. We have completed our exchange in a very timely manner, peds and CLD and all is back to normal again.

Pos Rep :yay: for Kamonpach BKK for handling this in a most honorable and integrity based way.

Thank you again
Pinthas Schmenke Dorian

I told you I would deal with the guy! And as Das said, yes Im buying CLD for peds I have on my card so I don't spend them and get some Revenue meanwhile. Sry Das, I love to hof and hopefully get few more Before I stop hunt! :D

Glad it worked out for you.

For what It is worth I know a guy that has been quitting for 5 years or so :)

its Hotel California up in this bitch.

Massive round of applause to Kamonpach BKK Empress :)

May the HOF board shine in your favour.

Rick

Massive round of applause to Kamonpach BKK Empress :)

May the HOF board shine in your favour.

Rick

Agreed, enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling inside. Well done sir! :clap:

Isma you telling me to do the right thing! Did you do the right thing when you and your friend stole my half dead aurli boss and looted 2 x aurli bone piece? Is this the right way you talking about? Or my own fault he crit me and you and your friend was Close enough to see it ? That was my lesson right ?

Why I compare it to my PVP activity is about doing right or wrong! Many would say Im doing wrong killing and looting people in pvp4. Even tho people know the risk. I killed people with +500tt on them, and all was tiering stuff and was not looted in pvp4. He forgot to unload, poor BA GD, buhu.

If the name was not shown for the order, Im sure 99% would never try to give the poor seller his peds or CLD back, maybe a few good souls like Rick England would. In sweden we would call rick "dum snäll". Not sure what the English Word would be. In this World you never succed being "dum snäll". I tried it, not working. People will backstab you as soon as they get a chance.

I stop believed in this game a long time ago. I tried to sell out for quite some time now, already made my first withdraw. For me every update is a step back, I dislike the game more and more. I see no future for the game.
As soon as I find a buyer for my stuff Im out.

BKK

I just play the way you soc been playing that's total diferent and wasnt mistake ask you mates in cave how many mobs the been stealing from me

and you see me crying on forum :confused::confused::scratch2::scratch2:

have you see any tread of me crying for been loot in pvp4 you have little weird way to compare things :) but ok if still hurts just suck it :laugh:

Back