Help: bought item on auction... cant find it now

jeremyh8

Young
i bought a weapon i believe a lr48 for a buy it now price of 251 ped. it reduced the amount on my ped card but the item is not in my inventory. i have exited the app and re opened but it is still missing. i have not played in over a year so maybe the auction system has changed?? what do i need to do? i verified the autction item is no longer listed.

It's in the auction still... click on the WON tab and then choose it to put it into your inventory. ;)

i bought a weapon i believe a lr48 for a buy it now price of 251 ped. it reduced the amount on my ped card but the item is not in my inventory. i have exited the app and re opened but it is still missing. i have not played in over a year so maybe the auction system has changed?? what do i need to do? i verified the autction item is no longer listed.

It has changed indeed, rather than going straight into your inventory it stays in the auction "won" tab - as SnapNet explained it.

I did the same thing after buying 2 new finders when it got changed.
Talked to soc mates about sending a support and they told me about the new Won tab.

I hate that stupid 'won' button :cussing:
I don't know why on EARTH I'd want it .. I mean I only bought it. :rolleyes:

glad you figured it out - hope they remove that dumb shit, soon.

i feel like a total noob. thanks for the help.

Don't sweat it... I did it yesterday before I remembered :rolleyes:

Mom for President :thumbup: I can see no logical reason for that button.

Don't sweat it... I did it yesterday before I remembered :rolleyes:

Mom for President :thumbup: I can see no logical reason for that button.

I had a use for it about a month ago. Saw a gun I wanted pop up on auctin with a good buyout, I was on cp it was on calypso, I wanted it but didn't want to pay the transfer fee and I wasn't ready to tp down. Anyway I bought it and let it sit in auction a few more days till I went down to calypso and collected it from the auctioneer. :)

but I agree if there is no trasport fee involved it should just go straight to the inv, more than once have I bought a gun tp'd out and realised the auctioneer still had it.

Just a for and a against from me :)

A Won tab makes sense, for auctions that aren't instant buyout, somebody may have multiple auctions they are bidding on, and it might no be convenient for the item to be sent to their inventory.

Rather than have specifics on when it should goto your inventory, and when it should go in the tab, having it always go to the tab across the board is much simplier, and easier to remember.

I had a use for it about a month ago. Saw a gun I wanted pop up on auctin with a good buyout, I was on cp it was on calypso, I wanted it but didn't want to pay the transfer fee and I wasn't ready to tp down. Anyway I bought it and let it sit in auction a few more days till I went down to calypso and collected it from the auctioneer. :)

but I agree if there is no trasport fee involved it should just go straight to the inv, more than once have I bought a gun tp'd out and realised the auctioneer still had it.

Just a for and a against from me :)

Exactly, the won tab allows you to grab a good offer even if you are not in the planet it is offerd at the moment, and then when you are back on the planet you can pick it up without paying the auction fee.

thats due to transport fee, to prevent u buying things from one planet to another skiping transport fee.

a win win situation... not!

The "won" button is the actualy place you can win in this game.

Mostly you just loose.

It can give you great comfort, when you press it a lot of times...

Just for luck...

but when it is empty -> oh it doesnt look good then.. hmmm..

The "Won" button is just a pain in the ass.

Menace

The "Won" button is just a pain in the ass.

Menace

It is.. especially when u are crafting and need to get some extra stuff from auction.. always forget to take it from the Won Tab.. which means, back to auctioneer, get the stuff, reopen BP, add the stuff again.. etc.. etc..

I have an even "better" story: I bought the item, and I forgot about the Won button initially. Went to storage, and obviously... no item; I remembered about the damn button, so back to the Auctioner to retrieve it. Surprise surprise: no item in the Won page either.
Double check.... triple check everything, but still no item; as I was composing a Support case I thoughts let's check it again.... just to make sure.

This time, I found my item sitting in the auction; it took maybe 10 minutes. In all honesty, I've never seen this before (or after for that matter), so I assume it was a one time glitch.

Bottom line is that I agree with others: the Won button sucks :).

I still to this day buy something from auction at buyout, close auction and run away...

Returning 5 mins later to the 'Won' tab

Back