BPC Question

Fenyx

Young
Society
NBK Elite
Andy Fenyx Draven
hey,

kinda new to crafting, just a quick question about unlocking BPC. Its unlocked once you get to level 10 in the component profession right ? or is it one of the sub skills

and any idea roughly how much it takes in making filters and dampers to get to that ? estimated ped in lyst/oil ...
also what skills effect component manufacture profession (if thats whats needed to get bpc...

Thanks for any advice...

Bpc

1. BPC can be unlocked when any crafting profession is at level 10 (not sure if this includes tailoring or furniture)

2. Stay with one type of component the choices are mechanical electronic or metal

3. Estimate to unlocking BPC with filters and dampers is about 100k clicks

4. Example of skills: Manufacture mechanical, mechanics and engineering would be the main skills if you are making filters and dampers

1. BPC can be unlocked when any crafting profession is at level 10 (not sure if this includes tailoring or furniture)

2. Stay with one type of component the choices are mechanical electronic or metal

3. Estimate to unlocking BPC with filters and dampers is about 100k clicks

4. Example of skills: Manufacture mechanical, mechanics and engineering would be the main skills if you are making filters and dampers

i started off with mining when i started playing again a couple weeks ago, after stockpiling all the oil and lyst i gained, and selling anything else at standard markup, ive started now levelling my tradeskills, grinding on filters at the moment, though i just got a standard damper blueprint :D so gonna move onto them once filter skill gain starts to dry up a bit. would also like to go into tailoring later at somepoint. i remember some of the basics from last time i played, however turns out that was over 2 years ago according to support. the reson why i lost all skills on my char, aswell as all items i had were nuked into tt value peds >.< not happy i had angel armour, justifier Mk4 and some other stuff, so wasnt too perky when i realised it was all spanked down to tt value, lost out on a few k peds there and some kinda rare gear :/ and hella lot of skills i got nothing back for :(

getting used to the new UI still too... buttons allover the show reminds me of wow :scratch2: but gettin more fluid with everything, so anyway, to the future :p

Furniture will unlock BPC, tailoring won't. Tailoring uses a different separate set of skills to crafting and has separate unlocks. Engineering is good for both though.

Damn, that sucks you lost all that :( But, yea filters and dampers is the most common way to get there, but be prepared for a ton of clicks. You won't actually lose a whole lot through the process due to selling of residue and such, but will lose. The time factor and boredom of it is the worst part. Good luck :)

Cheapest way to unlock bpc would probably be to chip it all...engineering, manu mech and mechanics. You will of course loose out on the eventual basic filters-ATH then, but the chance of that happening is about the same as the chance that my dogs start talking...:silly2:

And as soon as you'll unlock bpc, chip it up to 2k at least...

Happy crafting and welcome to the "recievers-of-tons-of-worthless-alekz -precision-scope-bp's-club" :D

If patience is low... Try reaching BPC with attachments. :D Can try the ore amps or light version. Furhtermore it gives you a chance to hof. ;)

However be warned, it burns quite heavily too if you are unlucky.

Cheapest way to unlock bpc would probably be to chip it all...engineering, manu mech and mechanics.

is this really cheaper? It seems to cost more really, since you do get some return when crafting the items yourself.

is this really cheaper? It seems to cost more really, since you do get some return when crafting the items yourself.

I can assure you that buying skills is never cheaper than getting them yourself.

I can assure you that buying skills is never cheaper than getting them yourself.

When it comes to crafting I beg to differ. Sure, you can get THE big yberhof while skilling, but most people won't. Since they have so crappy skills they'll simply burn their peds away fast, and the low level stuff you can produce won't sell coz anybody can make it. If you chip your skills instead you will save your money. That was my experience anyway, skilled to around 1k engineering
(which costed me a pretty penny) and then chipped the rest, which costed me half that amount.

Last edited:
Back