broke"n"

SeamusO

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Sauron SeamusO Ebonhart
Lost my crosshairs about a year ago ("n" no longer toggled them on and off).. not on the amethera vu when the new continents were introduced, but on a subsequent "bug fix" .. was always able to work around it though by using my scope and doing a zoom in and back out to first person .. with the new VU, on the initial launch day, everything was fine zoom in get crosshairs, etc (still no "n" to toggle them on and off) .. Just logged in to shoot a couple berys and discovered that since all of the bug fix updates, I can no longer even get my crosshairs to toggle on with my scope zoom trick .. :mad:

Support case has been submitted, but is anyone else missing their crosshairs?

sorry, i still have mine .. .they do have a tendency, however, to switch to one of the "new" crosshairs even when I don't hit "n"

hope you get it fixed :)

You can set it again quite fast. Set the active set on "*" and then drop the icons on the key "n" (2nd page of system in action library).

GL ;)

You can set it again quite fast. Set the active set on "*" and then drop the icons on the key "n" (2nd page of system in action library).

GL ;)
thats what i wanted to ask

is "toggle crosshairs" still at "n" ?

maybe you removed it accidentially

toggle has never been changed from the default "n" .. here's my original post about this

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=375923&postcount=7

notice in the response from MA last year that the issue would be forwarded to the DEV team .. This is a response to my current support case .. :laugh:

Mindark Support said:
27 Jun 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We will forward your report and request to the Dev team .

Also,

We have not had any similar reports , and this further indicates that there is actually nothing wrong with the toggle mode for cross hairs , but as said we will forward to the Dev team to make sure that everything is in order.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Seriously, I got over the "n" toggle problem with the scope method I mention in the above link .. zoom in with scope, then back out to normal 1st person gave me my crosshairs .. now that has also stopped toggling the crosshairs on and off for me. What strikes me as ironic is that in both instances, it followed a MAJOR (adding new areas) VU + a couple of "fixit" patches.

Anyways. MA is going to login as me and see if they can see what the problem is (I think my avatar got corrupted during the vu last year and the problem is just compounding itself).

Even the auction is hosed up for me (also same time frame of last year) .. I can place an item .. say a single weapon cell, set initial bid + buyout price as 10k ped, as soon as I consent to selling teh item, the "item has been sold for buyout .. " message pops up .. the item in reality didn't sell and has gone into the active bid status that it would enter had no one bid on the item.

Back