Broken skill gain rings?

Hi @My|MindArk, @Ludvig|MindArk, @Dennis|MindArk and everyone else.

A lot of people are claiming that rings with skill gain do not stack correctly, at some points - not at all.
I believe many would really want to know:
  • Are the skill gain effect from the rings working as intended?
  • Do the rings actually work/stack with pills, skill gain coats and items such as ascension armor?
  • Will the rings be rendered obsolete once I use a 100% skill pill?
The question-marks regarding this have led to the following (just an observation):
  • Very low - to little, interest in the two latest seasonal rings
  • Significant decrease of MU for boxes
  • Due to weakened MU of boxes, decreased incentive to cycle and farm boxes in Entropia Universe
  • Very likely a decreased interest in depositing funds into Entropia Universe
Any comments or clarifications about this would be appreciated by many I believe.

Last edited:
Hi Mike. Nothing is working as intended. Your concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate team. Kind regards.
Oh, support replies to him? He must be MA's chosen one!
I dont even get the standard copy and paste first reply sh*t for months now...

Oh, support replies to him? He must be MA's chosen one!
I dont even get the standard copy and paste first reply sh*t for months now...

Since MindArk introduced skill gain TWEN coats, and two seasonal skill gain rings, I'm convinced they wanted us to have working skill gain items which stack correctly - We just need them to sit down and fix the items. Its damaging the in-game economy and they will get less people depositing and cycling and generate income for them as well. Its a win-win for everyone if they fix this.

Ofcourse we don’t expect a bug to be fixed in a timely manner but MA can at least ACKNOWLEDGE whether the bug is present or not and what items it applies too. Especially when they expect us to spend large amounts of PED on their newly released items which might be currently broken. Come on guys do you have to always constantly disappoint us?

Ofcourse we don’t expect a bug to be fixed in a timely manner but MA can at least ACKNOWLEDGE whether the bug is present or not and what items it applies too. Especially when they expect us to spend large amounts of PED on their newly released items which might be currently broken. Come on guys do you have to always constantly disappoint us?

Exactly.

I asked this exact question in a support case, it took them 1,5 month to say:
We apologize for the inconvenience, however, this is not something that we can assist you with.

So, I made a new support case asking the exact same thing on 2023-11-27. And so far, (no suprise) no reply :)

It looks like support can do basic things but as soon as you ask something specific, they are completely clueless. When a socm8 asked to disable 2FA, because his phone broke a couple of weeks ago , it took them almost two weeks to disable this....

I never bugged myself with skills, or skill gains but on couple ocasions when i was drinking 100% skill pill i noticed that ammount of skill gained was same like without bonus, but frequency of skill gain messege gains really increased...

I never bugged myself with skills, or skill gains but on couple ocasions when i was drinking 100% skill pill i noticed that ammount of skill gained was same like without bonus, but frequency of skill gain messege gains really increased...
If you were to make a wild guess, would you say the frequency of skill gains were... I dunno, DOUBLED? o_O

It's most likely this is a bug.

The fact that MA are not willing to say anything on the matter seems to me strengthen the opinion that it's a bug. If it wasn't a bug then there wouldn't be much holding them back on stating that fact. If it is a bug then what's probably stopping them saying anything is because our next question will be when they intend to fix this bug. They probably have no plans on fixing this bug perhaps due to lack of resources or they are concentrating their efforts on Unreal Engine development etc.

The fact that MA are not willing to say anything on the matter seems to me strengthen the opinion that it's a bug. If it wasn't a bug then there wouldn't be much holding them back on stating that fact. If it is a bug then what's probably stopping them saying anything is because our next question will be when they intend to fix this bug. They probably have no plans on fixing this bug perhaps due to lack of resources or they are concentrating their efforts on Unreal Engine development etc.
Why does it feel like the only reason UE 5 was announced was to be a convenient scapegoat for avoiding bug fixes? Or at least the bug fixes they find difficult.
Is this upgrade even happening? We’ve hardly seen anything except some placeholder assets and artwork. And judging by the recent track record of their standard patches always having some random issues, vs the scope of what the UE 5 update is going to bring, I just don’t see this happening anytime soon or with any level of functionality. This update is going to be delayed and broken beyond no tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure the UE5 update is going to be delayed and probably already is. It's a whole can of worms if they start talking about that i.e. UE5, bug fixes etc hence probably why they stay quiet.

Would mean a lot to the community if they just said that they would look into it.

The ring technically isn’t broken, they work, they just don’t stack.

As for ue5, let’s be honest, that’s a pipe dream. Every time they add more content, that’s that much more work needed to upgrade. As a company you wouldn’t roll out more content if you were switching to a new engine any time soon.

I am using 100% xp pills by a few weeks , i click damage enhancers over and over. In my case , the hourly progress on enhancer constructor is x2 than it was without pills. I can confirm the xp pills work but i don t have other rings/items to know if they stack with other buffs.

The ring technically isn’t broken, they work, they just don’t stack.

That is the very question - Do they stack correctly or not?

I doubt that MA designed seasonal skill gain rings with the intent of them only working If you dont have any other pills or coats already activated.

the funny part here is everything they released as ue5 "teasers" and pictures etc.....are what they just implemented into the game with the spina.....hopefully its something that just converts into ue5 easily

the funny part here is everything they released as ue5 "teasers" and pictures etc.....are what they just implemented into the game with the spina.....hopefully its something that just converts into ue5 easily
According to the last couple financial reports, I assume they should or they wouldn't do it. But this is Mindark.

Response from morax this morning in Discord

"We have read the thread and we've forwarded it to our team :) thank you for bringing it up"

Question asked - "Hey @morax | MindArk CRM can you look into this? It would be nice to get an official statement after multiple tests have been done. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../broken-skill-gain-rings.297581/#post-3920081"

I did my part =D

Soon most of the boxes will be 10 pec each. :)

Is there anywhere that says they should stack?

Back