• Pixxie + Opala

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Goblin + Opala + Snables

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Other (please give suggestions)

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
What are ur plasma skills?

When oneshotting mobs you are not being eco... All crits will be wasted and every mob will have overkill. If u want to do a "one shot fest" like that - you should pick a mob with minimum 1.99x full damage of ur weapon and then use a finisher - this way the crits will be one shot kills, and the rest will be 1 shot+finisher.

Using non-sib items like the willard plasma pistol is really a bad choice for a noob. You will miss too much and get too many low damage scores. Im not sure if theres any players out there with plasma skills enough to use the willard at better eco than opalo+101.

As armors go i think ppl overrate the pixie and goblin etc. There are many noob armors with only 1-2-3 points of protection in each field, which combined with small platings will give very cheap protection from noob mobs.

The Willard is a SIB weapon, maxed at lvl 6:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Willard_Heatray_A_(L)

and it has apretty good eco. dps is a bit lower with the willard than with the opalo. The low speed is a disadvantage of the Willard imho. Personally i think Opalo + 101 is the better choice, too

lol seems i was too slow ... writing 100x on the wallboard i must finish reading the thread before answering ...

Last edited:
I am still a bit a way from getting the PEDs I need from sweat for the AMP. But planning to start unamped so it is no worries. But, what markup is reasonable? Did some checking on the PEauction thingy, but still would like some good input on where is a good markup for a 101 amp?

There's no real way to avoid using L weapons, using non-L just sucks without mega-skills. Ukash is an awesome pistol for skilling, but probably overpriced now to be in any way economical.

I am not a big depositor. I have "okay" skills. I have never bought an L weapon. I occasionally use the ones I loot. Most seem slow.

L is an option, not a necessity. A little better here, a little worse there. Up to the individual, but you don't to be uber or rich to buy and use non-L weapons.

And when you're low on peds, being able to chuck a bit of repair on your existing weapons rather than wait til you have the cash for a new L one makes up for any benefits L might offer.

Hurrikane

I am not a big depositor. I have "okay" skills. I have never bought an L weapon. I occasionally use the ones I loot. Most seem slow.

L is an option, not a necessity. A little better here, a little worse there. Up to the individual, but you don't to be uber or rich to buy and use non-L weapons.

And when you're low on peds, being able to chuck a bit of repair on your existing weapons rather than wait til you have the cash for a new L one makes up for any benefits L might offer.

Hurrikane

Maybe it is because you haven't tried being a completely new player in this era? Any SIB-UL weapon cost a ton and all the UL non-SIB are far too uneco at low levels to even consider past Opallo.

Making L weapons a necessity for any player without enough money to chip up or purchase SIB UL weapons.

You guys making me nervous here!

Will I run with my opalo for the upcomming 3 years?!?! ;)

No armor + Opala Amped :wtg:

Two points here:

First, I seem to remember that for a real noob (level 1-2 sniper perhaps) the jester D-1 is more eco than the opalo, as each shot costs less and you are going to miss a lot with either.

Second: SIB is a tradeoff. If you are getting the SIB then you are missing at least some shots altogether (if the sniper/pistoleer level is in the SIB range) or doing less than full damage, or both. A reasonable compromise might be to use a gun that is maxed out to hit but still in the SIB range for damage (near the top of the range) - which ought to have the useful side effect of evening out the hit and damage professions a bit.

Concrete example: I have been using a Riker UL3 for quite a while. I decided to switch to a Breer M4a as soon as I maxed it out. This gun uses one more cell than the Riker and has much more decay - and with damage not maxed, it was doing less damage than the Riker! Fortunately, the one I bought didn't have much life left in it.

Another consideration is the markup of the weapon. Looted guns are usually cheaper than crafted ones - another point against the M4a in comparison with the Riker UL3 in my case. Just to complete this little story, I've decided to stick it out until I can use the LR32 properly - which is about another three or four levels in laser sniper and will take a while.

I am referring here, in all cases, to the limited version of the weapon. UL SIB weapons are rare and extremely expensive. Unless you are rich in RL or have been trading your head off in game, avoid them.

Limited weapons are pretty much a necessity for progressing low level hunters these days unless you decide to invest heavily and buy a rare, expensive UL SIB weapon.

There is nothing wrong with that as usually a low level SIB weapon is only used for short time anyway due to fairly rapid low level gain. Using L weapons allows you to change quickly without have a ton of ped invested in TT of a UL weapon. it is even economical as long as the mkup is low.

You guys making me nervous here!

Will I run with my opalo for the upcomming 3 years?!?! ;)

You already have my recommendation via PM, and it's not an opalo ;)

getting my curious then Glue.. care to share to me ?

it was a simple aid that glue gave me.

"get a paper route, desposit the money"

You probably progressed further meanwhile but there are some considerations regarding beginner's super eco hunting. (Try and keep what you like and skip the rest.)

- build up some evade and combat relevant skills by sweating for a couple of weeks

- when buying an Opalo pay attention to the tier increase rates, buy and sell Opalos from and to TT until you have 1 (or more) with increase rates >100 for all tiers, as soon as you have Tier 0.9 switch to another Opalo

- get an M2100 for killshots to save decay/ammo, pay attention to tier increase rates on M2100 as well...

- no armor, no fap, read forums while recovering health ;)

- go for low regen mobs that you can kill easily

- look into team hunting, accumulated damage kills faster (-> less health regen -> less shots -> more PED) and/or bigger mobs, team members share mob's attacks

- look into swunting Ambulimax at Nea's Place, it's probably the cheapest way to build up skills

- get an A101 amp as soon as you can afford it

- get another Opalo (tier increase rates!) as soon as you have the A101 amp, use the 2nd unamped Opalo or the M2100 for killshots according to the remaining health of the mob

- switch to Opalo SGA Edition(s) as soon as you can afford it, its additional damage/second kills mobs faster and its additional range gives you more time before the aggro'ed mob reaches you

- don't switch to the next weapon on the SIB chart before you almost maxed this weapon

- however switching to the next weapon on the SIB chart before you completely maxed it might still be more eco, to evaluate exact figures compare you stats on both weapons using the formula: Effective damage = ((Minimal damage + Maximal damage) / 2) * (80 + Hit ability * 1.25)

- join AA (completed) ;)

id do this:

p1a+amp with goblin on combibo.

then move to p4a+a104 on drones or argo

Pretty much listen to Tass. Especially the last tip.

Check out threads started by me and I have a swunting experiment plus a guide on how to swunt.

It's not hard to profit at all by solo swunting with maxed opalo and a101. I can pretty regularly get 80% of my TT value back from ammo + gun/amp decay. In that time, you're gonna get enough sweat to cover the rest. Markup is just profit yo.

I've stuck to the opalo + a101 for ages, even after maxing several of the guns above the opalo. The skill curve is starting to kill me, but as far as I am concerned all the mobs above noob mobs still behave the same as noob mobs. The guns above noob guns largely behave the same as noob guns (obviously with greater DPS, and maybe greater range). As such, going up the gun/mob ladder doesn't actually change the gameplay at all, all it does is increase the risks and rewards. Gambling don't give me the thrills as it does other people, so I'm in it for the gameplay/challenge to survive without depoing. Clearly there is no reason for me to start buying bigger guns (until I'm skilled enough to perhaps start doing other stuff, events, PvP etc).

So I'm happy with my tt gun and don't understand the advice to get bigger weapons.

As for my gear, I like having a fap on me, usually the T1, it just makes the hunts that bit more enjoyable, plus you get some paramedic skills, which you might like. I usually still manage to profit even with a fap. Though if you are stuggling, take Tass' advice and drop the fap.

I like using the Emik S30 as my kill shot. I get to skill up in BLP weaponary a bit, plus you will notice that laser dmg will lag behind laser hit. Using the S30 will help even this out a bit, the 2100 will not.

You probably progressed further meanwhile but there are some considerations regarding beginner's super eco hunting. (Try and keep what you like and skip the rest.)

- build up some evade and combat relevant skills by sweating for a couple of weeks

- when buying an Opalo pay attention to the tier increase rates, buy and sell Opalos from and to TT until you have 1 (or more) with increase rates >100 for all tiers, as soon as you have Tier 0.9 switch to another Opalo

- get an M2100 for killshots to save decay/ammo, pay attention to tier increase rates on M2100 as well...

- no armor, no fap, read forums while recovering health ;)

- go for low regen mobs that you can kill easily

- look into team hunting, accumulated damage kills faster (-> less health regen -> less shots -> more PED) and/or bigger mobs, team members share mob's attacks

- look into swunting Ambulimax at Nea's Place, it's probably the cheapest way to build up skills

- get an A101 amp as soon as you can afford it

- get another Opalo (tier increase rates!) as soon as you have the A101 amp, use the 2nd unamped Opalo or the M2100 for killshots according to the remaining health of the mob

- switch to Opalo SGA Edition(s) as soon as you can afford it, its additional damage/second kills mobs faster and its additional range gives you more time before the aggro'ed mob reaches you

- don't switch to the next weapon on the SIB chart before you almost maxed this weapon

- however switching to the next weapon on the SIB chart before you completely maxed it might still be more eco, to evaluate exact figures compare you stats on both weapons using the formula: Effective damage = ((Minimal damage + Maximal damage) / 2) * (80 + Hit ability * 1.25)

- join AA (completed) ;)

Have yet to start the eco hunting, still 8K sweating to go before I will start hunting. But very good tips indeed and all in line with what I been planning in my small (but highly efficient and only running on 2 ampere!) brain.

Is there a market for tier 0.9 Opalos?

Thanks again Soccy :)

Pretty much listen to Tass. Especially the last tip.

Check out threads started by me and I have a swunting experiment plus a guide on how to swunt.

It's not hard to profit at all by solo swunting with maxed opalo and a101. I can pretty regularly get 80% of my TT value back from ammo + gun/amp decay. In that time, you're gonna get enough sweat to cover the rest. Markup is just profit yo.

I've stuck to the opalo + a101 for ages, even after maxing several of the guns above the opalo. The skill curve is starting to kill me, but as far as I am concerned all the mobs above noob mobs still behave the same as noob mobs. The guns above noob guns largely behave the same as noob guns (obviously with greater DPS, and maybe greater range). As such, going up the gun/mob ladder doesn't actually change the gameplay at all, all it does is increase the risks and rewards. Gambling don't give me the thrills as it does other people, so I'm in it for the gameplay/challenge to survive without depoing. Clearly there is no reason for me to start buying bigger guns (until I'm skilled enough to perhaps start doing other stuff, events, PvP etc).

So I'm happy with my tt gun and don't understand the advice to get bigger weapons.

As for my gear, I like having a fap on me, usually the T1, it just makes the hunts that bit more enjoyable, plus you get some paramedic skills, which you might like. I usually still manage to profit even with a fap. Though if you are stuggling, take Tass' advice and drop the fap.

I like using the Emik S30 as my kill shot. I get to skill up in BLP weaponary a bit, plus you will notice that laser dmg will lag behind laser hit. Using the S30 will help even this out a bit, the 2100 will not.

Very good advice here also. I am planning on sticking with the Opalo for a very long time. And I been drooling in my sleep at the thought of getting my nub hands on a SGA edition. Not gonna happen im sure, but I can dream!

Thanks again.

if i were you i would forget the A101 and the sga opalol. A normal popalo is more than enough on young snables when maxed, you wont even need armor, wont get much evade and you will not have to fap much.

I think the Opaylow is the right thingy to start with for a sweater, especially if you swunt Ambus. Just sweat for ammo and keep all the loots till they are worth something.

loss-o-mate you-pay-low

but i found opala funny too :)

if i were you i would forget the A101 and the sga opalol. A normal popalo is more than enough on young snables when maxed, you wont even need armor, wont get much evade and you will not have to fap much.

I think the Opaylow is the right thingy to start with for a sweater, especially if you swunt Ambus. Just sweat for ammo and keep all the loots till they are worth something.

loss-o-mate you-pay-low

but i found opala funny too :)

cheers for the tips mate.

Dont laugh, I called it opala for my first month here, nobody corrected me! ;)

Back